Sain

sunshineYON

Sain  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Thumbs up or thumbs down

• Up
    • Down

I was stupid and used Kent in my first playthrough. Right now, I ditched Kent in favour of having Sain level up fast. And my God, is he awesome! He's level 8 or 9 now, at chapter 9 of Lyn's story. Gonna boss abuse the hell outta Lundgren. :P

Honestly, I'd say that Kent has a slight edge on Sain...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I'd say that Kent has a slight edge on Sain...
More accuracy is what I'm noticing, but so far with anything else....

Kent's the more balanced of the two. That's how I see it.

Edited by Little Al

Kent's speed is a little better. Chances are he'll be doubling earlier than Sain, which I think is why some people regard him as the better of the two. Anima is also a pretty awesome affinity, but Kent's support options don't let him take advantage of it.

More accuracy is what I'm noticing, but so far with anything else....

Better AS and supports. Kent is better than Sain, as he's doubling earlier and actually has feasable supports in Lyn/Fiora B, while Sain's B support is always pretty slow.

Better AS and supports. Kent is better than Sain, as he's doubling earlier and actually has feasable supports in Lyn/Fiora B, while Sain's B support is always pretty slow.

take out the supports and just leave the units by themselves, who wins(don't put say Kent because he can double enemies, Sain is not one of those little guys)

take out the supports and just leave the units by themselves, who wins(don't put say Kent because he can double enemies, Sain is not one of those little guys)

...Then Kent still wins, as he's doubling more enemies.

...Then Kent still wins, as he's doubling more enemies.

no you misinterpreted what I meant, I meant as if they fought each other not enemies, later on they both double enemies so they both have a tie sorta of

no you misinterpreted what I meant, I meant as if they fought each other not enemies, later on they both double enemies so they both have a tie sorta of

That's a pointless comparison.

On the matter of Kent vs. Sain, they're both good, but I prefer Sain.

They're both INCREDIBLE characters, but Kent just has a small edge overall. In practice, I usually use both of them, and Lowen, and then if one gets RNG screwed I can ditch them.

My Lowen always gets RNG raped. His growths in the 30s just never ever rise :(

My Lowen always gets RNG raped. His growths in the 30s just never ever rise :(

Sain has basically the same growths in Spd and Skill, and 10 less Defense % than Lowen's Strength growth. Odd how that works out, isn't it?

It's only 10 more than Lowen's...

Which is good. +10 speed growth is nothing to laugh at.

Fun fact for all who have had strength screwed Lyn's: Lowen's defense growth is the same as Lyn's Strength growth.

Which is good. +10 speed growth is nothing to laugh at.

Fun fact for all who have had strength screwed Lyn's: Lowen's defense growth is the same as Lyn's Strength growth.

It doesn't make a character, either. As noted, Lowen gets BETTER avoid than Sain due to supports, and the enemies in this game are so easy to double due to mediocre stats.

But she has 10% less Defense and 20% less HP. In Lyn has no defense. Her dodge isn't even that good. Having mediocre attack is much worse than having a slight chance to be Def screwed. Fyi, I've had a Lowen with 19 Str and 14 Def, which are 5 off the averages (5 up for Str, 5 less for Def), and he still was beating Sain in Defense by quite a few points.

It doesn't make a character, either. As noted, Lowen gets BETTER avoid than Sain due to supports, and the enemies in this game are so easy to double due to mediocre stats.

But she has 10% less Defense and 20% less HP. In Lyn has no defense. Her dodge isn't even that good. Having mediocre attack is much worse than having a slight chance to be Def screwed. Fyi, I've had a Lowen with 19 Str and 14 Def, which are 5 off the averages (5 up for Str, 5 less for Def), and he still was beating Sain in Defense by quite a few points.

It was only a fun fact, I wasn't comparing them, geez. I'll quote you on Lowen's supports.

It doesn't make a character, either.

A character that's great without supports and benefits even more from them > a character that becomes good from supports and otherwise is average or worse.

It was only a fun fact, I wasn't comparing them, geez. I'll quote you on Lowen's supports.

A character that's great without supports and benefits even more from them > a character that becomes good from supports and otherwise is average or worse.

Too bad Lowen's great without supports, too.

Too bad Lowen's great without supports, too.

I beg to differ. 30 Strength, Skill, and Speed growths? Same for Resistance, I might add. 90 HP and 50 Luck are nice, but most characters have good HP and Luck usually isn't that important. 40 Defense is pretty good for a Cavalier, but still isn't particularly awesome either. Sure, he's got the third highest defense growth in the game, but everyone else dodges things all the time, so is it a huge deal?

I beg to differ. 30 Strength, Skill, and Speed growths? Same for Resistance, I might add. 90 HP and 50 Luck are nice, but most characters have good HP and Luck usually isn't that important. 40 Defense is pretty good for a Cavalier, but still isn't particularly awesome either. Sure, he's got the third highest defense growth in the game, but everyone else dodges things all the time, so is it a huge deal?

Let's take thier 20/20 stats into account:

Lowen:

HP: 58.3

Str: 19.1

Skl: 17.1

Spd: 19.1

Lck: 21.5

Def: 23.8

Res: 12.1

Sain:

HP: 51.4

Str: 25 (Capped)

Skl: 18.3

Spd: 22.2

Lck: 17.2

Def: 15.6

Res: 8.6

So, Sain wins in Str by 6 points, 1 point in Skl, and 3 points in Spd. Lowen wins in Def by 8 points, Res by 4, Luck by 4, and HP by 8. :/ Lowen's only a few points off in Skl and Spd, despite having slightly less growths than Sain, and, while Sain is winning in Str by 6 points, Lowen beats him in Defense by an amazing 8 points. Take into account Lowen's Fire affinity (Attack + 0.5, Accuracy + 2.5, Avoid + 2.5, Critical + 2.5), and compare it to Sain's Wind affinity (Attack + 0.5, Accuracy + 2.5, Critical + 2.5, Critical Evade + 2.5). + 2.5 Avoid >>> +2.5 Critical Avoid. Lowen also has 2 other supports with Fire affinities who might be played (Harken and Rebecca), so that you can see where I'm headed, even though he wants Marcus A/Eliwood B or Eliwood A/Marcus B more.

Too bad they aren't likely to reach level 20/20, pretty much no one is. They may be lower, but Sain's luck and defense are easily passable to be a good help in keeping him alive. As for his supports:

Marcus isn't a great late-game character, this ca hardly be denied. Only Isadora is a worse Paladin.

Harken comes late and won't be too useful of a support, if you can even build it past C, though it is a great support in itself.

Eliwood prefers a faster support like Hector or Ninian, or an A-Hector B-Lyn triangle, seeing as this will greatly help in the final chapter and in places before that. It's also rather long.

Rebecca is only likely as a B support, as A takes too long. But since Rebecca doesn't have the greatest support options, Lowen is good for her.