QOTD ♚♛ 1522 - Movies you don't see the appeal of?

Chen

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really listen to the advice of advisory counsils such as the American Society of Mining and Reclamation (ASMR). Since I'm not American I have no reason to do so anyway... :dry:
But in all seriousness, I have no idea what ASMR could mean given the current context, can someone try to explain this to me? I suppose I should just try to search for it on Youtube....

Edited by Masterthunderblade

I tried it once and did eventually settle into it

I was turned off from it at first because I sort of can't stand the sound of whispering?? It's kind of like nails on a chalkboard for me. But I think my first experience with it was with somebody who might have not been as experienced with doing asmr?? And I think I was able to settle into it when I listened to one of the more famous asmrers

But yeah if I ever wanted to get into it I think I'd try to figure out the ones that whispered less or not at all ^o^

okay so off the top of my head from how I understand it, I'd explain asmr like

a really really quiet video of just... quite noises

the person who makes these noises typically whispers (otherwise they probably don't talk at all) and they just make a bunch of tapping and rubbing and crackling noises. To people who don't know it it's generally a really easy turn-off because they're like "what is this???? this is just weird" but the effect it's meant to have, if you can get yourself into it and relax, is to soothe you and give you chills or a tingling sensation (I think you're supposed to feel it around your head and neck or something?)

I think people like to use it to wind down or destress themselves or something

There's a lot of different types of ASMR. Whispers are a common one, but those just creep me out. I like soft, incidental noises (in other words, a video that happens to be ASMR, not created for ASMR), like so: