Hack Idea, Help and advice needed.

SolanCharr

So ya, Im as new at this as possible and im trying to figure out where to even start with making a hack. Story i already have an idea for but ive always been more of a story writer than a person who is good at the technical aspects of doing something like this. Hell i don't even really know whats the first steps in creating a hack so im kinda just dead in the water immediately.

Thats why im looking for the help of anyone that can spare it.

But im sure you all would like the concept idea before simply dropping things and coming along with the idea. So that i shall give you.

So my idea is to set this hack 75 years after Roy's game Binding blade, choosing to follow a new story and villian with the showing up of some older faces as easter eggs or for story purposes. The main character will be the great granddaughter of Lyndis from Blazing Sword but she will be taking a kind of side stage act much like the Avatar (Robin) does in Awakening, that way you can impart a bit more of yourselves on the character.

I dont want to llay out the whole story idea, to keep it a bit of a surprise for you guys if you choose to play it, but i will have no way of reaching that point without help. So ya.

Not a terrible premise but I feel the biggest barrier will be actually the production itself. There are a few handy guides in the hacking subsection that might be useful! Try making a chapter when you're able to and see how it goes. Best of luck!

Interesting idea for a story you got there. I think it's absolutely possible to reach that point, it just might take a while to get there. If you ever need help or get stuck with something, just post here or on FEUniverse, or just message me and I'll do my best to help. Until then, I'm eager to see what you come up with

Hell i don't even really know whats the first steps in creating a hack so im kinda just dead in the water immediately.

Step 1: Read this

Step 2: figure out what game you're hacking

Step 3: Read arch's guide to chapter construction for 7 or my super WIP but always looking for more stuff to add to it FE8 version of that guide

Step 4: Using the knowledge you've gained from these guides, start making something to show people. If they like what you have they might offer to help you out.

Extra Steps:

Read Prime's map making tutorial

Check the spriter's resource for help on how2sprite

It's a ton of work but if you can do it you can get more people on board to lend a hand and help make your hack something really neat

Edited by InvdrZim13

Thank you all for the help so far, right now im just getting used to the programs i've been able to gather up that are necessary for this. This is going to take a while without a doubt, but it should be a bit faster thanks to the links.

Extra Steps: Read Prime's map making tutorial... which exists somewhere on this site but I can't find it so have a TEB mirror to it.

It's in the Spriter's Resource topic, but the links in the OP get kind of lost among the everything else.

Edited by Primefusion