Who To Bench In Revelations?

Shikinoyume

So I just started my first revelations play through and im on Lunatic.
My question is, who should I use and who should I not use?

Also how do you add spoilers?....

(Its been a while since Ive been to this forum...)

Edited by Shikihime

Thats like half the game... lol

Yeah, it's pretty sad, but it's true, they are usually not worth the effort.

Silas in an exception, because, like I said before, he has amazing bases.

Another one that can be useful is Charlotte, not to fight, but rather, she's a great pair-up bot to any physical unit, not just Xander.

Also, one unit you should lay attention is Hayato. He's arguably Revelations's best magic user, outclassing even Leo and Ophelia.

Edited by Water Mage

To make Spoiler tags, use

[ spoiler ]The things you want spoilered[ /spoiler ]

But without the spaces, like so

The things you want spoilered

On the subject of Revelation...

[spoiler=Revelation Spoilers Here]I haven't played it on Lunatic, but I suppose all the Royals should be workable (except maybe Elise, but that's just because of her low level), your first servant'll probably be useful since you get her so early, I dunno, and if you feel like training her up then maybe Mozu could work too, I dunno how she is on Lunatic. Shura should be useful as well since he joins at such a high level, and depending on when you get her Flora might be usable too... That may also apply to Fuga, but I wouldn't know for certain...

And do as Water Mage says and bench all non-promoted units who join after Camilla, except Keaton/Kaden/Silas. Make an exception for Scarlet, though, she really falls off after Chapter 17. It's kinda sad, really.

Another one that can be useful is Charlotte, not to fight, but rather, she's a great pair-up bot to any physical unit, not just Xander.

Also, one unit you should lay attention is Hayato. He's arguably Revelations's best magic user, outclassing even Leo and Ophelia.

Um, what exactly makes Hayato better than Ophelia? Leo I could understand, I've had a grand total of one usable Leo (he doesn't get enough Speed), but Ophelia's a crit monster when I use her... Though I guess that would depend on who Odin married... Edited by ILikeKirbys

Um, what exactly makes Hayato better than Ophelia? Leo I could understand, I've had a grand total of one usable Leo (he doesn't get enough Speed), but Ophelia's a crit monster when I use her... Though I guess that would depend on who Odin married...

Assuming you are no-grinding it, Odins availability problems extend to Ophelia as well, whereas Hayato has had 10+ chapters and paralogues to be good.

Bench all the unpromoted units that join after Camilla, Kaden and Keaton, with the one exception, Silas, who has amazing bases.

Is Silas actually good? Whenever I use him, he is speed screwed.

To make Spoiler tags, use

[ spoiler ]The things you want spoilered[ /spoiler ]

But without the spaces, like so

The things you want spoilered

On the subject of Revelation...

[spoiler=Revelation Spoilers Here]I haven't played it on Lunatic, but I suppose all the Royals should be workable (except maybe Elise, but that's just because of her low level), your first servant'll probably be useful since you get her so early, I dunno, and if you feel like training her up then maybe Mozu could work too, I dunno how she is on Lunatic. Shura should be useful as well since he joins at such a high level, and depending on when you get her Flora might be usable too... That may also apply to Fuga, but I wouldn't know for certain...

And do as Water Mage says and bench all non-promoted units who join after Camilla, except Keaton/Kaden/Silas. Make an exception for Scarlet, though, she really falls off after Chapter 17. It's kinda sad, really.

Um, what exactly makes Hayato better than Ophelia? Leo I could understand, I've had a grand total of one usable Leo (he doesn't get enough Speed), but Ophelia's a crit monster when I use her... Though I guess that would depend on who Odin married...

Don't get me wrong, Ophelia's great.

But she has a slow start in Revelations due to how late Odin joins and while she's a crit monster, she's still pretty fragile.

Hayato joins early, has great bases and great defenses. Give him Horse Spirit, and he turns into a pretty tanky mage.

And it's very easy to fix Leo's speed problems. Just pair him with Felicia or Onmyouji!Sakura.

Onmyouji!Sakura in particular gives Leo +6 Speed with S-rank.

Is Silas actually good? Whenever I use him, he is speed screwed

Silas has the potential to be an amazing tank, and his Speed problems can be fixed with a good pair-up.

And his personal, Vow of Friendship, can make him into a even more amazing tank.

Edited by Water Mage

Is Silas actually good? Whenever I use him, he is speed screwed.

Yeh same for me....

Ive beat Conquest and Birthright and in Both games his speed is terrible AND HE HAS A 50% GROWTH IN IT!....

I tied him in Birthright and watched him go from lvl 5-15 advanced class, never once did he proc speed....

So I got him to lvl 15 base class in Conquest and he never once proced speed so i just said f**** 'em

Silas has the potential to be an amazing tank, and his Speed problems can be fixed with a good pair-up.

And his personal, Vow of Friendship, can make him into a even more amazing tank.

My Corrin is not a front liner and Silas is supported with Mozu anyway, because im dropping him for Sophie.

I might either drop Effie or make her a Zerker because im currently grinding DLC with her to get Percy...

I figure that once i get Percy then she might be and OK enough lvl...

Edited by Shikihime

Yeh same for me....

Ive beat Conquest and Birthright and in Both games his speed is terrible AND HE HAS A 50% GROWTH IN IT!....

I tied him in Birthright and watched him go from lvl 5-15 advanced class, never once did he proc speed....

So I got him to lvl 15 base class in Conquest and he never once proced speed so i just said f**** 'em

Did you make Silas a Great Knight?

That's actually not a really good class for him. He's better as a Paladin.

Besides, Silas isn't supposed to be fast, he's supposed to be tanky and has decent speed to not be doubled by everything.

Edited by Water Mage

Did you make Silas a Great Knight?

That's actually not a really good class for him. He's better as a Paladin.

Besides, Silas isn't supposed to be fast, he's supposed to be tanky and has decent speed to not be doubled by everything.

Why wouldn't I make him a Pally?.....

He was still Speed screwed and w/o access to wary fighter he NEEDS speed.....

He getting doubled KILLS his tankability for me, because basically everyone is dealing double dmg

Edited by Shikihime

Why wouldn't I make him a Pally?.....

He was still Speed screwed and w/o access to wary fighter he NEEDS speed.....

He getting doubled KILLS his tankability for me, because basically everyone is dealing double dmg

He was still doubled?

Silas's speed is decent enough for him not to be doubled...

Man, you must really have got RNG-screwed.

Also, Katanas are usually pretty good for him to their Speed bonus.

He was still doubled?

Silas's speed is decent enough for him not to be doubled...

Man, you must really have got RNG-screwed.

Also, Katanas are usually pretty good for him to their Speed bonus.

Lol pretty sure i forged that +3 speed katana for him as many times as possible xD......

do you have Practice Katana? It gives +5 Spd which really helps.

I think its more beneficial to just drop Silas for Sophie honestly....

Hell I could even make Mozu a better pally since she is Sophie's mom...

And the STR on Sophie has been crazy with its gowths...

She's packing a much bigger punch then her daddy ever did, thats for sure.

Edited by Shikihime

Assuming you are no-grinding it, Odins availability problems extend to Ophelia as well, whereas Hayato has had 10+ chapters and paralogues to be good.

Oh, right, I forgot Odin was on the Suck Brigade in Revelation. That alone would make Hayato the superior choice, unless you stapled Odin to someone as soon as he joined... And even then, Hayato definitely has enough time to make himself great.

Don't get me wrong, Ophelia's great.

But she has a slow start in Revelations due to how late Odin joins and while she's a crit monster, she's still pretty fragile.

Hayato joins early, has great bases and great defenses. Give him Horse Spirit, and he turns into a pretty tanky mage.

Wait, Hayato has great defenses? Is this in Diviner or by reclassing him? Because I know (from using Rinkah) that Oni Savage has great Defense (do they also have next to no HP growth as a class thing, or is that just Rinkah?).

And it's very easy to fix Leo's speed problems. Just pair him with Felicia or Onmyouji!Sakura.

Onmyouji!Sakura in particular gives Leo +6 Speed with S-rank.

Ah, so that's why my Revelation Leo ended up working out! I mean, I went with Priestess!Sakura, but still.

On an unrelated note, would Sorceror!Nyx fix his Speed problems on Conquest? I paired them up on my last Conquest run, but that was mostly so he could ferry Nyx around and sometimes Attack Stance with her while she Nosferatanked against mages.

True, that worked out a bit on my last Birthright run (via Setsuna, who ended up being more useful anyway since Paladin!Silas fixed her Strength, or she got lucky, either/or). He got much better after S-ranking Setsuna.

Vow of Friendship does seem great, but I'm rarely comfortable keeping any unit below half HP, so it never sees use with me. Still, that would make him a pretty amazing tank, given his Defense (does he get much Resistance? I never really noticed if he did,nd I never needed to know since I had Setsuna kill the mages instead of him). Xander ends up a better tank (because Seigfried), but I could see Silas seeing use on Revelation.

After thinking about it a bit, Silas seems kind of like Gunter with better growths and a superior Personal Skill, and starting at a much lower level (he even comes with higher bases in the middle of Revelation, like Gunter does when he returns midway through Conquest). They even have the same reclass option (well, they share Mercenary. Silas can't get Wyvern Rider without marrying Camilla or Beruka). Not relevant to anything, just a weird thought I had.

Also Shikihime, are you getting any of the child characters? Just occurred to me that Shigure (who I have yet to actually use at all) could make a great rallybot, what with his Personal Skill (and even if Azura marries someone whose class gives no rallies, he'll get Rally Speed and Resistance from Falcon Knight and Strategist). Not sure about the other kids tho (I only ever bothered with Ophelia).

Wait, Hayato has great defenses? Is this in Diviner or by reclassing him? Because I know (from using Rinkah) that Oni Savage has great Defense (do they also have next to no HP growth as a class thing, or is that just Rinkah?).

Hayato had 40% Defense growth. For a magic user, that's amazing. And Oni Chieftain has a 30% Def growth, so Oni Chieftain!Hayato would have a 60% Def. Again, that's amazing for a mage.

Ah, so that's why my Revelation Leo ended up working out! I mean, I went with Priestess!Sakura, but still.

On an unrelated note, would Sorceror!Nyx fix his Speed problems on Conquest? I paired them up on my last Conquest run, but that was mostly so he could ferry Nyx around and sometimes Attack Stance with her while she Nosferatanked against mages.

The Sorceror class gives no Speed boost during pair-up, and Nyx herself gives +2 Speed at S-rank.

Not bad, but not amazing.

Leo is better off with Felicia in Conquest.

True, that worked out a bit on my last Birthright run (via Setsuna, who ended up being more useful anyway since Paladin!Silas fixed her Strength, or she got lucky, either/or). He got much better after S-ranking Setsuna.

Vow of Friendship does seem great, but I'm rarely comfortable keeping any unit below half HP, so it never sees use with me. Still, that would make him a pretty amazing tank, given his Defense (does he get much Resistance? I never really noticed if he did,nd I never needed to know since I had Setsuna kill the mages instead of him). Xander ends up a better tank (because Seigfried), but I could see Silas seeing use on Revelation.

You could use Corrin as pair-up bot, since Vow of Friendship doesn't need Corrin to be an attacking unit.

You could pair Corrin with someone like Shiro, who also takes advantage of Corrin being damaged, due to Shiro's personal skill.

You'll only be able to use a small portion of the units you get, and there are major balance issues throughout the campaign - Nyx joins as a level 9 unpromoted on the same chapter as Shura, who's a level 10 promoted.

Really, your question should be "who do I use", rather than "who to bench", since you'll not be able to use that many units, and the game pretty much encourages you to use the royals anyway.

I like using Laslow in Conquest, and even Revelation. Its Peri who can't really be helped...

but I made him a Dread Fighter and he kicks a lot of ass. You just kinda have to do it as soon as you get him.

Hayato had 40% Defense growth. For a magic user, that's amazing. And Oni Chieftain has a 30% Def growth, so Oni Chieftain!Hayato would have a 60% Def. Again, that's amazing for a mage.

Actually, I just checked, Oni Chieftain only gives 20% Defense growth. Still gets 60%, and that's still crazy for a mage tho, especially having a 40% Defense growth as a Diviner.

Maybe I should give him a chance on Birthright next time.

The Sorceror class gives no Speed boost during pair-up, and Nyx herself gives +2 Speed at S-rank.

Not bad, but not amazing.

Leo is better off with Felicia in Conquest.

Ah well. It was mostly to benefit Nyx, anyway.

So for my next Conquest run, I'l probably go with Leo/Felicia (like you suggested) since I can't think of anyone else who could help Leo particularly much (except maybe Charlotte, who would definitely fix his Speed, and maybe make him able to use swords via the Berserker Strength boost, but I dunno if that'd work out especially well...), so...

Maid!Felicia or Strategist!Felicia?

You could use Corrin as pair-up bot, since Vow of Friendship doesn't need Corrin to be an attacking unit.

You could pair Corrin with someone like Shiro, who also takes advantage of Corrin being damaged, due to Shiro's personal skill.

That's true, but I usually end up using Corrin as more than a stat booster, since my Corrins tend to end up solid units.

Still, that's worth considering if I ever need an emergency tank. And if one of my Silases ever decides to grow Speed (seriously, he doesn't feel like he has a 50% chance to gain Speed).

Thanks, mate.

To those of you who got terrible Silas's, no, Silas is not bad. In fact, he's usually very reliable, yours just got really RNG screwed. Happens to the best of us. Heck, my Saizo in Birthright got defense 2 times in 13 levels with 50% growth while my Silas in Conquest got speed 12 times in 14 levels, so I pretty much got the exact opposite situation as you there...

Silas is fantastic in Revelations because his stats are awesome at the point in which he joins. His speed isn't great, but he's got a whole lot of defense. I'd go out on a limb and say that Benny is at least salvageable, otherwise yeah. Pretty much every unpromoted unit you get from Chapter 14 onwards besides them starts out too weak to be of any use in a no-grind run. I'm actually a bit salty over how many Conquest characters got shafted in Revelations...

Actually, I just checked, Oni Chieftain only gives 20% Defense growth. Still gets 60%, and that's still crazy for a mage tho, especially having a 40% Defense growth as a Diviner.

Maybe I should give him a chance on Birthright next time.

Ah well. It was mostly to benefit Nyx, anyway.

So for my next Conquest run, I'l probably go with Leo/Felicia (like you suggested) since I can't think of anyone else who could help Leo particularly much (except maybe Charlotte, who would definitely fix his Speed, and maybe make him able to use swords via the Berserker Strength boost, but I dunno if that'd work out especially well...), so...

Maid!Felicia or Strategist!Felicia?

Strategist gives no Speed boost in pair-up, but Maid/Butler gives a +3 Speed boost in pair-up. Felicia also gives +2 Speed in S-rank.

So S-rank Felica as a Maid gives Leo +5 Speed in pair-up.

That's true, but I usually end up using Corrin as more than a stat booster, since my Corrins tend to end up solid units.

Still, that's worth considering if I ever need an emergency tank. And if one of my Silases ever decides to grow Speed (seriously, he doesn't feel like he has a 50% chance to gain Speed).

Thanks, mate.

Corrin is a good pair-up due to their Personal.

Also, if ever plan to do Leo/Sakura again, go Onmyouji, because Priestess gives no Speed boost during Pair-up.

Edited by Water Mage

Strategist gives no Speed boost in pair-up, but Maid/Butler gives a +3 Speed boost in pair-up. Felicia also gives +2 Speed in S-rank.

So S-rank Felica as a Maid gives Leo +5 Speed in pair-up.

Ah, I see. I usually put Felicia into Strategist after she gets Tomebreaker because it gives her tomes so she can use her higher Magic stat, but I can see benefits to keeping her as a Maid too (especially if it helps Leo that much, since she honestly isn't that great of a fighter on her own, and I like Leo so it'd be nice to see a good one of those...)

Corrin is a good pair-up due to their Personal.

Also, if ever plan to do Leo/Sakura again, go Onmyouji, because Priestess gives no Speed boost during Pair-up.

Well, Leo didn't do well until late, so I was doing that more because I liked their supports than for stats. Still, that means my Leo started gaining Speed on his own that time, which is pretty cool.

I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I'm thinking about trying Leo/Charlotte, if only because I want to try something different. Do you think that'll work out? If not as a Berserker (which could theoretically make Leo usable as a hybrid unit since it could fix his Strength as well as his Speed), then perhaps as a Maid (since she also gives +2 Speed, so she could give the same boost as Felicia does there, but with extra Strength)? And how will their Forrest come out?

And for a more on-topic thought, what about Benny? I know he comes unpromoted after Camilla (the previously-cited cutoff point for unpromoted units), but he's probbly still a great tank, and he can promote quickly since he's at Level 15 (so you can promote him immediately, or wait until he hits 20 if you want). I know you're about to get tanky units in Silas and Xander shortly after you get Benny, but it seems like he could be made to work with a little effort. Not sure if he's actually worth it, just wondering.

So, do I NEED General or GK in Lunatic Revelations?

I kinda NEEDed Effiein Lunatic Conquest but Effie and Benny are so low lvled right now that IDK if ill even be able to train them...

especialy Effie...

I have Mozu as a Paladin and Sophie too, those two should be good tanks right?