first real attempts of GIF making

Metal Rabbit

Nice job, especially considering that these are your first serious .gif animations. The Ike .gif moves a little slowly but the individual frames appear to fit together well. I do not regret neglecting my homework for another hour in order to peruse the Internet.

Pretty good. I like the Zero one a lot. Unfortunately, the attachment killed my browser, so I can't view it. :(

Heres one of mine. I can do a lot better than this, but animation is TEDIOUS! *Twitch.*

My, my this here Eliwood guy...

eliwoodqo6.gif

I'm not sure if the Fire Emblem one was just being stupid on my computer or if it was just because you didn't make it so that it did more than one frame a second. You need multiple frames a second for it to work.

Dammit, my unfreeze isnt working right. I was making an awesome new GIF i was gonna use as my avatar, and it gave me some BS message about it not being a GIF despite the fact that i used all GIF files to make it.

Can anyone point me to a more reliable free download?

You could try Microsoft GIF Editor (an archaic program) or Gimp (which may take a little time to figure out). I am sure that there are other suitable free-ware programs, I listed only the two programs which I am personally familiar with.

how do u make sprites? im interested on how to make them so i can try it myself

If you've never worked with sprites before, you should start out trying recolors. They're rather simple to do, and all you really need is MS Paint.

Yes. Paint works much better.

If you want some help you can look here.

You can use the tutorials on the second page and you can use the question topics too.

• 2 weeks later...