Clock desynchronization

ruadath

Is it just me or has the forum clock been getting faster than actual time? When I first joined the forum roughly a year ago, I remember it being a couple minutes fast, but now posts that I make seem to be timestamped nearly 10 minutes ahead of the time on my computer!

Anyone else notice this?

Is it just me or has the forum clock been getting faster than actual time? When I first joined the forum roughly a year ago, I remember it being a couple minutes fast, but now posts that I make seem to be timestamped nearly 10 minutes ahead of the time on my computer!

Anyone else notice this?

I first posted this post at 3:27 by my computer and wristwatch, but 3:36 according to the time stamp. I have also noticed it before this.

Edited by sirmola

It's something that happens from time to time. Even after being fixed it gets out of synch again after a period of time.

Now that I think of it, I wonder why's that...

The forum should get a GPS with PPS and Linux NTPD and have the forum server sync up to that loopback server.

That's about as accurate (nearly an atomic clock) and cheap as you can get for accurate timing.

...I love it when I can nerd out with things I do from work as an ambiguous shot, but not really a shot.

It seems to run about 10 minutes ahead for me.

It's 8:41, stamped at 8:50.

Edited by Rezzy