how hard is the hardest difficulties

BerserkStaff

conquest lunatic is a pretty good challenge. I don't really know what to compare it with though, it's a different kind of difficulty compared to other games. It's definately harder than stuff like HHM though.

Edited by General Horace

I'd debate that Birthright Lunatic is equally(maybe a bit more) as difficult as HHM (BR final couple of chapters are harder then HHM, but HHM is harder in the beginning).

Conquest Lunatic is by far the hardest of the 3 paths and Revelation falls somewhere inbetween.

New Mystery is still the hardest in my experiences.

I found Revelation mid/lategame easier than Birthright. Birthright does attempt a difficulty spike that, while can be trivialized by a rescue staff and excessive applications of Ryoma, can at least throw off someone going at it blind. Revelation doesn't even try. Revelation earlygame's only slightly harder by virtue of shittier unit balance (Corn still trashes everything) but it stops being harder fast and gimmicks don't really actually make it harder. At no point lategame do I feel pressured by anything.

Is it as hard as fe6 hard mode, fe 5 or fe 12

FE12 is still the IMO the hardest FE on L/r. 5 is only really blind-hard--the second you know the tricks fe5 has it stops being hard. 6HM isn't really all that hard, but it's about similar to BR L give or take

Edited by Thor Odinson

FE12 is still the IMO the hardest FE on L/r. 5 is only really blind-hard--the second you know the tricks fe5 has it stops being hard. 6HM isn't really all that hard, but it's about similar to BR L give or take

I'd say CQL is about as hard as FE6 HM personally.

BRL is a joke personally, on par with FE8.

I'd say CQL is about as hard as FE6 HM personally.

BRL is a joke personally, on par with FE8.

I disagree. FE6 may be the hardest GBAFE but it doesn't really have anything on par with C10blind, 25, 26, and its endgame is an utter joke compared to CQ28 without rescueskipping. I may be underestimating gba a bit because I've destroyed their difficulty by this point, but I felt pretty underwhelmed by all of their difficulties tbh.

I found CQ Lunatic to be far more difficult than FEs 3-10, hard modes included.

But maybe it's because they actually allow you to play Lunatic first (unlike earlier FEs where you have to unlock the highest difficulty). You can go in completely blind without knowing anything, which will make the game a lot harder.

It's a very different kind of hard though - earlier FEs were hard because of units having high stats. CQ L has that too, but there are a lot more annoying staff effects, and enemy skills that significantly debuff important stats like def by -6. I found this to be quite overwhelming and I didn't want to spend a month going through the game so I went down to Normal.

Even on normal I still found the game to in some ways be more challenging than earlier FEs. Towards mid-late game of other FEs, even on hard modes I could always get away with sending a couple of my strongest units supporting each other to dodge, tank, and/or wipe out tons of enemies. But even on normal of this game, I could never count on my units to dodge, and aside from two-three of them I could never count on them to withstand more than a couple hits. Even my fastest units sometimes had trouble doubling enemies, leaving several of my units who weren't necessarily slow nor fast to sometimes get doubled! I even had to bench a couple units because they were too much of a liability and were slowing me down.

I've never been so excited to beat a game on its easiest difficulty lmao

To expand on Conquest being hard for different reasons - mechanics of this game are very different with supports and items, and it fundamentally changes your decision making. That's probably where I struggled the most with this game - I was making decisions that would've been great in the GBA and Console FEs but didn't work in this game and didn't realize I was playing wrong. There are also lots of gimmicks on various maps you have to deal with. Now that I'm familiar with the game tho, I have ideas on what to do for a lunatic run so I'd be able to play through that and rate its difficulty much better. I didn't find the early game to be any more or less challenging than FE6/FE10 HM.

It's challenging don't worry.

Edited by spralwers

I disagree. FE6 may be the hardest GBAFE but it doesn't really have anything on par with C10blind, 25, 26, and its endgame is an utter joke compared to CQ28 without rescueskipping. I may be underestimating gba a bit because I've destroyed their difficulty by this point, but I felt pretty underwhelmed by all of their difficulties tbh.

But CQ also gives you ridiculous units like Corrin, Camilla, Xander, and Leo for free, who can absolutely thrash enemies with ease and don't get checked until very late in the game. Compared to that, Percival and Miledy don't even come close and they come later in the game. The rest of the cast is in CQ is much stronger too; Paladin Jakob makes the earlygame a joke and Beruka can get pretty close to the Royals' level with enough investment. The next best units in FE6 either have big weaknesses or expiration dates and don't make as strong an impact.

FE6's maps are also on par with CQ's in difficulty and it's earlygame is much harder. It doesn't use debuffs or skills but it makes even more extensive use of status staves and siege magic and is good at carefully positioning them in places that make them tricky to deal with. You mentioned Chapters 10 blind, 25, 26, and Final for CQ, but FE6 has Chapter 7, 14, 14x, 16, Sacae, 21, and 22, all competitive in difficulty. One other major difference is that you have to carry Roy to the throne in FE6 every single map, and Roy is a weak piece of shit. This limitation doesn't exist in CQ, any moron can seize.

I mean, it sure as shit is harder than BR Lunatic, where every problem can be solved by sticking Ryoma/Saizo/Corrin/some other overpowered unit with 1-2 range and watch everything die. The closest you get is with Miledy and Percival with Javelins, which makes them miss constantly and often doesn't give enough attack to 2HKO.

Part of the reason why Lunatic CQ seems so hard now is because the game is in its infancy and has yet to fully be explored in depth like the others. When FE10 and FE11 came out, their hardest difficulties were considered extremely hard for awhile before people eventually figured out their quirks. Even FE13 Lunatic when it first came out in Japan was considered the hardest mode in the series for some time. This tends to happen when a new game comes out.

Edited by Dark Sage

fe 6 hm chapter 21 you can fly over the mountains and warp bosskiller and roy to murdock and skip all the reinforcements. sacae is hard but im pretty sure miledy with delphi shield makes it more doable. i feel like ch. 14 isn't too bad if you have restore staves and don't bait the wyvern lords when you're not ready. 7 is one of the hardest chapters in all of fe imo

Edited by BerserkStaff

Sacae's difficulty is honestly overblown when Miledy with Delphi Shield takes 0 damage from a good portion of prevalent enemies. I usually just take 14 and drop Rutger over with Miledy and win--actually fuck, my solution to FE6 pretty much is move Percival, Miledy, and Rutger to win. In a sense I kinda do play it like Birthright anyway.

7 is probably the only chapter in FE6 I would agree is competitively difficult.

yeah. chapter 4 and 5 are pretty difficult too because in 4 your strongest unit marcus can't even reliably orko a decent amount of enemies and it's an open field while 5 just has brutal enemies and i don't know the best way to go left without getting demolished lol

Edited by BerserkStaff