am I waiting to long to get my children?

On a Revelation file I've been playing, I'm getting the kids at chapter 27. I had it on Hard, but I'll admit it was too darn annoying so I went down to Normal. It's great after you get them though because the kids' offspring seal gives them B ranks and level 18 promoted with decent stats.

I'm in chapter 22 of Revelation in hard, and right now 'm doing the kids paralogues, the chapters feel really easy, so, I don't think its a problem if you waited until chapter 20. I already did the chapters for Shiro, Ignatius, Kiragi, Caeldori and Asugi with 0 problems, but of course you need the Rescue for Shiro (I especially needed it because it was Elise!Shiro and he has very bad defense haha).

It depends on how much you're up for a challenge/good at FE too

I didn't find any of the child paralogues difficult in Birthright. Shiro takes knowing about his situation, but rescue is buyable in BR and you have a ton of gold so if you didn't use it too recklessly it shouldn't be hard to have 2 staves of at least 1 use each left for him (may not need 2 if you have a swole falco). Mitama is also a bit annoying but I airlift rushed Ryoma to the village to keep it safe before I can recruit.

Conquest has a few tough ones. I found myself using my most powerful and high-levelled units to clear them instead of letting less powerful units catch up (but that's what kana's is for, anyway), but I also don't think any of them are prohibitively hard bar Ignatius (other than certain team compositions because my last successful run of Ignatius post-27 on Rev Lunatic was drop a Berserker Rinkah in the middle with 40+ def after rally and tonics and adamant club and...somehow that works?) like, Siegbert's is notoriously hard but I cleared him after 25 precisely because it took me until chapter 25 to figure out a strat for him (and with the help of my more-experienced-at-conquest friends)lmao

I got Nina after 24 on purpose though for easy pass and dualbreaker passdown

Edited by Thor Odinson

I always get kids at C21 in all routes since they learn their promoted level 5 skill and get bumped up a rank if they get a new weapon.

My only exceptions are Effie!Percy, who I get literally ASAP because he is so overpowered, and Nina in C26 for instant pass learning.