Guy's Epilogue Explained (Translation Error)

Kirokan

Hey everyone!

VincentASM brought up Guy's epilogue with me so that we could settle the mystery once and for all --namely, why the heck did he become the Sword Saint if Karel is also the Sword Saint?

It turned out to be a translation error, and you can read about it in-depth here. : )

Edited by Kirokan

I love how Guy and Karel's conflicting endings gave rise to a myriad of headcanons where Karel killed Guy in some duel to the death … and it all turned out to be a translation error. It's death by translation, since Guy never shows up in FE6.

Edited by Sunwoo

Thank you very much for this: It was really interesting.

To be honest, I simply belived that the people of Elibe tought that Guy and Karel were the same person because of their similar aspect, giving to both of them the title of Sword Saint.

In my mind, it totally made sense XD

Oh, very interesting.

I love how Guy and Karel's conflicting endings gave rise to a myriad of headcanons where Karel killed Guy in some duel to the death … and it all turned out to be a translation error. It's death by translation, since Guy never shows up in FE6.

Well, I suppose this still wouldn't invalidate those headcanons. Maybe.

Makes sense. I always took it in my head that Guy got killed by Karel and then Karel was like... "huh, that was messed up. I should stop that." And then became the Sword Saint.

With what we had to work with, this was one of the ways that made that make sense xD

It's amazing what new avenues open up when looking at original text in older games! I'm going to comb through the game now to see what else I can find!

Huh, after all this time, now we know. Thanks for this ^^

You're welcome! Thanks to Vincent for bringing up the Japanese text for me to check : )

Thank you very much for this: It was really interesting.

To be honest, I simply belived that the people of Elibe tought that Guy and Karel were the same person because of their similar aspect, giving to both of them the title of Sword Saint.

In my mind, it totally made sense XD

I could see that being a possibility too with how history can work! xD So it did make sense with what we were given : )

Oh, very interesting.

Well, I suppose this still wouldn't invalidate those headcanons. Maybe.

Yep, after all if he became his rival, then maybe Karel would've hunted him down (...and won) as a worthy opponent? xD

Thanks again for looking into this and clearing things up.

I think I knew this a while back, but I couldn't seem to find the source when I needed it (I thought FE according to Japan may have covered it, but that doesn't seem to be the case). Hence why I asked ^^