Anime & Manga

Raven

one of my friends is forcing me to see rurouni kenshin

and i'm liking it till now! lets see if its good

The only problem is the last (and best) arc was never animated, so you'll have to read that part to get the full story.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

LOOOOL. Casey and Friends. This anime scares the crap out of me. I watched the first season and spoiled myself to everything in the game, which I really want to play. I love love love the poems by Frederica Bernkastel, who is the mysterious person in the game that writes peoms to foreshadow each arc.

Kanon

Kanon! Another series downloaded to my computer instead of watching through other websites. I loved this series. Made me cry, though I found Air somewhat sadder. Nayuki and Makoto were my favourites.

Shuffle!

Nothing else to say but I love Asa-senpai. Since episode one when I heard her theme song and he knocked down Rin. You should have seen me celebrate at the end of the series. She was the main center of my avatars and signature for awhile one other forums. I also had to download the OST to this, and not just because of Asa's theme song. Also, I haven't watched Memories and I don't plan to. And I definitely will not play the game. XD

Those three anime's are awesome, and I feel more should watch them. Although, I wouldn't mind playing those Shuffle! games... lol.

Did you watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai? The opening theme song is great. There's also a third series coming out soon, called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei, coming out on OVA I think.

I've also watched the new episode of Clannad that was released on OVA - episode 24, where Tomoya and Tomoyo are dating, as opposed to Tomoya and Nagisa.

Those three anime's are awesome, and I feel more should watch them. Although, I wouldn't mind playing those Shuffle! games... lol.

Did you watch Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai? The opening theme song is great. There's also a third series coming out soon, called Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei, coming out on OVA I think.

I've also watched the new episode of Clannad that was released on OVA - episode 24, where Tomoya and Tomoyo are dating, as opposed to Tomoya and Nagisa.

Lol, you quoting me made me realize how many typos I have in that post. D:

And unfortunately, I've yet to watch Kai, though I really should. I think I have heard the opening before, though. They also seem to be doing another series very similar to Higurashi (by the same creator, anyway) though I don't know what it's called.

As for Clannad, I saw that too! I forgot to mention, I have watched Clannad, though I haven't exactly caught up. (I stilll have a few episodes left to watch. >_>) Tomoyo was one of my favourites in that series, so the OVA made me happy.

Lol, you quoting me made me realize how many typos I have in that post. D:

And unfortunately, I've yet to watch Kai, though I really should. I think I have heard the opening before, though. They also seem to be doing another series very similar to Higurashi (by the same creator, anyway) though I don't know what it's called.

As for Clannad, I saw that too! I forgot to mention, I have watched Clannad, though I haven't exactly caught up. (I stilll have a few episodes left to watch. >_>) Tomoyo was one of my favourites in that series, so the OVA made me happy.

Kai is good, more of everything series 1 had. The final arc of Kai is the longest of any arc in series 1 and 2, and it gives a good ending. It's hard to imagine how something can go wrong afterwards for them to make a third series.

Clannad's ep.24 was nice I thought. Before watching it I had guessed it would be about their differences in school life. The way they used the barrier too, I thought it was great.

Air

Oh, lord. This anime made me cry over and over again, but it was excellent. I love both the OP and ED. It was one of the few animes that I actually downloaded onto my computer instead of watching via youtube/other video sites. I also watched the movie and the summer specials.

Kanon

Kanon! Another series downloaded to my computer instead of watching through other websites. I loved this series. Made me cry, though I found Air somewhat sadder. Nayuki and Makoto were my favourites.

you like sad series?

try Welcome to the NHK, it brought me to the verge of tears on several occasions and I'm not that kind of guy :P

by the way, my avatar is of Misaki, a character in the series

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

LOL. This was great. Dancing ED ftw. Anyway, this is another of the few animes that I actually downloaded onto my computer. It got confusing because of the mixed up order of episodes, but it always made me lol. Episode 12 (concert episode) and the Phoenix Wright episode (forget which one) were the best. Nyoro~n.

took me a while to figure out what Phoenix Wright episodes you were talking about, so all the pointing and over exaggeration at the end of the episode was a parody to that...

• 3 weeks later...

I have just finished watching Heroic age. IT WAS THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER WATCHED. Great story, great action. Great finish, though the ending was kinda corney. I am now debating on two animes to watch

yeah I tried to watch heroic age but i cant find the first 4 episodes and right now I'm re-watching a series I've liked for a long time

yeah I tried to watch heroic age but i cant find the first 4 episodes and right now I'm re-watching a series I've liked for a long time

Didn't I, oh shit that's right I watch the first half of Heroic Age on a smaller site of anime. I can give the url if you want.

Also I'm watching Gundam 00

• 1 month later...
So, what's everyone looking forward to the most for the fall season?

Personally, I'm the most excited for Vampire Knight Guilty and Skip Beat. XD

Just Vampire Knight. I'll need to find something else once that's over

So I'm watching Fate Stay Night and there's a part where Shirou is thinking about where he might be because he has no clue where he is and I swear, this is what he says:

Shirou: Where am I? Where's Saber? What's going on? Am I inside of her? I guess so... then I've gotta get close enough to her core, so I can give her one of my circuits

And if you think the line is perverted, you should've seen how he got where he is at the time he's thinking about this

Talk about innuendo...

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, ugh... Listing time I guess?

I don't even remember everything I've watched...

=\

Monster

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Mushishi

Giant Robo

Rurouni Kenshin

Blue seed

Haruhi

Lucky Star

Gurren Lagann

Welcome to the NHK

Kodomo no Jikan

They are my noble masters

Hayate no Gotoku

Sakura Wars

All of the Gundams before Seed.

Chrono Crusade

Rune Soldier

Those who hunt elves

Saiyuki

Blue Gender

Gasaraki

Evangelion

Gaogaigar

Getter Robo

Full metal panic

Nadesico

Super Robot Wars OG Divine Wars

All of the Miyazaki works

Chobits

City Hunter

Lupin

Oh my Goddess

Patlabor

Real bout high school

Devil Hunter Yohko

Cowboy bebop

Bubblegum Crisis

Ghost in a shell

Noir

Madlax

Love Hina

Gun Frontier

Harlock Saga

Gokusen

Cromartie high school

Vampire Princess Miyu

Getter Robo

AIR

Kanon

Clannad

Ehh... I could keep going, but I think I'll just post a picture of my family's collection nearing the end of 2007 which I have watched most of it with my dad. Well not even counting all of the downloaded stuff we have burned on DVDs which contains a hell of a lot more than what's double stacked in these shelves.

>>PIC<<

Of course I wouldn't suggest all of them since my dad just got them on impulse, but a lot of them were good.

Does anyone know why Fox and I can't find Kanon volume 6 on DVD? It had two release dates, but no one carries it. The other 5 were cake to get. What the hell is up with the last volume?

Alongside some other anime licenses, the license for Kanon was transferred from ADV Films to Funimation in July. The October release date is the correct one because the transfer happened right before the sixth volume was originally scheduled to come out. I was able to buy it only a couple of days ago; if you can't find it anywhere, Amazon should have some copies in stock.

Edit (2008.10.23):

As the price stands right now, it would have been cheaper for me to buy the DVD from Amazon than from a store.

Edited by Wist

It makes me sad to say I've never read a manga before... maybe I should. I'd really love to read Groove Adventure Rave's manga, since that was finished, unlike the anime, which ended at like, 1/3rd the way through the storyline...