Pokemon GO is OUT!

Alex95

I recently looked at a YouTube video about Pokemon GO that was posted yesterday and I did saw that they mentioned a lot of info about some of people died and some of them got into trouble playing Pokemon GO like by playing the game while driving (I seriously wish people don't use their phones while driving) and people have accidentally walked into forbidden territory and got caught by the Police.

But, I kinda really worried about Pokemon GO getting this type of tragedy since Pokemon is popular, but I feel very sorry about those people getting into some of deaths in accidents.

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, there is a lot of common sense problems with Pokemon GO. It's a game, that's pretty much it. If you wouldn't do it anyway, playing a game, however popular, isn't going to make it right.

Look up from your phones every now and then, huh?

Well, I don't play games from Phones and I do use my mom's iPad to play Miitomo. But, is Pokemon GO compatible for iPads or is it just Phone devices only? And if I downloaded Pokemon GO, I'll probably watch out where I am going to walk to make sure that I don't get caught in those type accidents in the future like those two host saids.

Edited by King Marth 64

For those who haven't started playing Pokemon Go yet, there's a neat little choice you can make with your starter Pokemon:

If you keep walking away from Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, they'll keep respawning to where you're walking away from, and if you continue doing that, a Pikachu will spawn along with those three and you can choose the Pikachu as your starter instead.

My neighborhood is similar; spawn rates are quite low. Not abysmally so, but quite low. My advice would be to head for grassy areas, then check the nearby Pokemon to see what you're close to.

I'm interpreting my immediate area's barrenness as an excuse to foray solid distances out in search of Pokemon, but to each his own

Yeah, I have. I've even checked in trees and such. I literally live in the woods. I live right next to the river as well, I'm not a big fan of water Pokemon but I'm going to try and check there.

Well, I don't play games from Phones and I do use my mom's iPad to play Miitomo. But, is Pokemon GO compatible for iPads or is it just Phone devices only? And if I downloaded Pokemon GO, I'll probably watch out where I am going to walk to make sure that I don't get caught in those type accidents in the future like those two host saids.

If your iPad has a GPS, it'll work. Otherwise, it's gonna suck (yes, I tried).

---

The good news: Phone upgrade is a go.

The better news: I think Meowth is a decent Pokemon, and so was the Pidgeot next to it.

The bad news: Need to talk to my cell phone provider tomorrow to set up the data plan.

My local shopping malls have a LOT of good stuff in it.

Decided to give this as go via APK (I live in the UK; the game isn't out officially over here yet). It's an interesting idea. I'm not really an "outside" person, so to speak, but I might go for a walk now and then to see if I can catch a few 'mons. The nearest Pokéstop is the place where I used to work, though. Seems like I'm never going to get away from that place, haha.

So sad how I can't install the apk, I need android version 4.4 and my phone can't go above 4.3 =(

Any chance that the version requirement will be lower when it actually hits the app store for the Netherlands?

Ok, I downloaded Pokemon GO in the iPad yesterday and I caught a Charmander. Also, I did see IGN post about Pokmemon GO shows a Facebook post from the Police mentions that there were numerous people keep going inside the Darwin Police Station and alot of people mentioned that there is a Sandshrew in the Police Station. (they said that the Police aren't too happy about it) But, the Police keeps mentioning to alot of people who got Pokemon GO to not go in to the Darwin Police Station and you don't need to go to inside in order to get the PokeBalls. And they also mentioned that there was a report of a player spotted a Gastly in a Hospital and a Caterpie in a Strip Club. (that sounds way to bizarre)

But, I got a question about the locations for Pokemon GO, do we have to not go inside of the random building if we haven't visited that place before in order to buy items/healing Pokemon for Pokemon Shops and Pokemon Centers or is some of them can with cautious of our surroundings?

Edited by King Marth 64

Be in the general vicinity, and you should be able to visit a PokeStop/catch a Pokemon. For example, one of my Pokestops is a decorative structure inside of a shopping mall. I was well away from the benches next to said structure, and got my stuff anyway.

EDIT: Can't play, because the game wants me to verify my account, and the Pokemon Trainer Club is STILL doing maintenance.

Edited by eclipse

Be in the general vicinity, and you should be able to visit a PokeStop/catch a Pokemon. For example, one of my Pokestops is a decorative structure inside of a shopping mall. I was well away from the benches next to said structure, and got my stuff anyway.

Seconding this. The mall near my house has the pokestop be a structure inside one of the food places, but I was able to access it from a nearby store without going into the food place.

My phone crashes a lot when playing this (i have a new phone coming though) but there's quite a lot of pokemon near my house.

So after some ~magic~, this thing finally works.

Apparently, I live on Mt. Moon or something, because the Pokemon I caught were three Zubats, a Paras, a Clefairy, and a random-ass Ekans who didn't get the memo. Someone used a lure a couple of blocks from where I live. Would still be out there, but I need to take my laundry in first.

Game crashes when I catch Pokemon, when I level up, and when I get close to an unfamiliar PokeStop, and my phone is new. Still, it was interesting to see all the people out and about, catching stuff.

Took a nice walk outside. Found a nice spot between two PokeStops with lures. I've got a ton of Eevees, though I'm still a little mad that an Abra ran away from me.

I think the lures will be back tomorrow night.

That's good to know tbh. It really sickens me how some people would use a freaking Pokemon game to mug someone.

(I haven't been to a Pokestop yet. But the nearest one is a Longhorn steak house... Dunno why Pokes wanna go there but hey why not?lol)

You can thank Ingress for that. It's also why one of the local churches is a gym.

The muggings don't surprise me. In order to catch Pokemon, you need to have a smartphone out. Still sad, though.

Someone called the cops on us when we were playing at 11:00 p.m. tonight and we got questioned. That was spooky

How many people were with you playing Pokemon GO during at that time? And besides that, what did the cops told you guys about like some what the safety reasons or other things when other people didn't notices you guys were playing Pokemon GO?

Speaking of which, does anyone know when they say when the server will be coming comeback online?

Edited by King Marth 64

How many people were with you playing Pokemon GO during at that time? And besides that, what did the cops told you guys about like some what the safety reasons or other things when other people didn't notices you guys were playing Pokemon GO?

Speaking of which, does anyone know when they say when the server will be coming comeback online?

3 other people were with me, the cop basically asked for our personal info and then said we werent doing anyhting wrong and left. The area is about as safe as you can get, but most people living around here are old and probably haven't heard of the game