Slightly worried about the future

jdb1984

I just completed Chapter 9 in Birthright. Where they give you a Master Seal and two level 10 units.

I wonder, is the game telling me that it's only going to get harder, and that I should promote a level 10 or over unit now?

most Fire Emblems give you master seals or something of similar at around chapters where most people are at base level 10. It really doesn't get much harder until the last few chapters if you're not grinding.

IIRC, Chapter 10 in Birthright is a bit of a difficulty spike (because enemy Ninjas are hell) but nothing that you'll need to prematurely promote people for. As kingddd said, Birthright doesn't really get challenging until the last few chapters.

I personally recommend promoting people at Level 15 if you aren't grinding (promote Sakura and Azama at Level 13 so they can start attacking)

Edited by The Geek

Considering that levels do not reset like in Awakening, I highly recommend waiting until a unit reaches level 20 before you promote. The only exceptions are healers, like Sakura, who you might want to promote so they gain some method of attack. However, unless you end up using Eternal Seals in the future and grind them up, they will always be slightly worse than they could be if you had waited.

You shouldn't have too much problem with just using unpromoted units for now, and imo, it's not worth potentially crippling your units in the future just to gain a slight edge now.

But it's up to you in the end.

There are only a couple of maps that are close to being challenging on Birthright, but as long as you don't mess up you should be able to finish the game without getting stuck in any chapter. Remember to use the Seal at level 20 or you'll waste a ton of levelups and you'll need to buy eternal seals which are very expensive.

Edited by Petersheikah