You're On a Deserted Island...

Mermaid or Fish Woman?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Mermaid or Fish With Lady Legs?

• Mermaid
    • Fish With Legs
    • 100% FISH, BABY, I'M PESCETARIAN ;)

So this is a question I see pop up here and there on the internet. I think it was at least 10 years ago that I first saw it.

You're on a deserted island. I suppose there's enough resources to eat and drink till you die, you probably won't be killed by wild animals or die of exposure. No plague.

You have a choice of a single companion. You can either be accompanied by a mermaid, or a fish with a waist and legs.

mermaid%20or%20fish%20lady.jpg

Well, I'm adding an option. You can also be accompanied by a giant fish.

7240_mermaid%20or%20fish%20lady.jpg

You know, I guess the fish keeps the sort of curl of a tail the mermaid had, so it's not a completely normal fish. I wouldn't eat it if I were you. It's the only companion you'll get.

Oh, and in order to expand the pool and allow more people to vote according to their heart's desire, the companion can be whatever gender you wish, including nonbinary ones. But you can't have two of two different genders or something.

Oh and I think some fishes change their genders so if you go 100% fish you could make it a fish that can change between a man and a woman...fish.

Edited by PP UP

oh hell no not the reverse mermaid shit again.

is this just the tits or ass question

When I first saw it, the TC said something like "well, if you picked the mermaid, you're a disgrace to your species, because only the reverse mermaid has, well, you know, so how will you continue the species with the mermaid? You shouldn't just go to the mermaid because she can talk with you."

You know, cuz I bet things will work out if you want to raise a family with the reverse mermaid.

Edited by PP UP

Mermaid, since she has human intelligence, we can figure out how to get off the island, or I can ride her to the shipping lanes.

Fish because looking at the Mermaid reminds me of Starbucks.

(Where's the Mermen?????)

Oh, and in order to expand the pool and allow more people to vote according to their heart's desire, the companion can be whatever gender you wish, including nonbinary ones. But you can't have two of two different genders or something.

Use your imagination for the merman because I don't have art skills. The picture has been around since I've first seen the question bandied about.

Edited by PP UP

I should've specified myself more oops. I meant that @ the poll itself.

Ya, I'm not using the poll to indicate gender preferences. The focus is, if you have to have some fish, well then, where? If you want a merman, vote mermaid.

EDIT-Maybe I should make some sort of caveat that you somehow know civilization is destroyed, but if you want to focus on escape, then good luck in your attempts.

EDIT2-You know, I'd think 100% fish might be a better swimmer than the mermaid. Just saying, you might want to think about changing your votes if you're trying to get off the island.

Edited by PP UP

EDIT2-You know, I'd think 100% fish might be a better swimmer than the mermaid. Just saying, you might want to think about changing your votes if you're trying to get off the island.

It's not so much how well they can swim as opposed to communication if they find someone.

I was ready to believe you, but if you look around, it seems like either is acceptable. Wikipedia lists pesca before pesce, but the url for the page is pescetarian, not pescatarian.

ah youre right. thats actually very interesting, it seems to just be a nuance between the multiple romance languages

Ya, I'm not using the poll to indicate gender preferences. The focus is, if you have to have some fish, well then, where? If you want a merman, vote mermaid.

EDIT-Maybe I should make some sort of caveat that you somehow know civilization is destroyed, but if you want to focus on escape, then good luck in your attempts.

I civilization is destroyed, then I guess escape is pointless, but having the fish tail probably makes it a better swimmer, not to mention being able to follow instructions and contribute to the escape plan.

I'm not sure I'd be able to be aroused enough to be able to make staring into fish eyes during intercourse an experience I'd want to ever entertain that option.

I'm voting Mermaid/man because 1) having someone to actually talk to & possibly get help and 2) fish with legs is just creepy. If I were to go with the full fish, sure, I'd get a meal or three, but then what?

Also Spongebob.

I wonder how fish with legs will feel when it finds out it's less popular than a fish.

I think it will die of air before it can ever feel sad or know any emotions. Fish head still has gills to breathe unless it's some kind of super fish whose gills serve as lungs and entertaining the thought of intercourse with the damn thing feels creepy since you'll need to be in the water for it to even breathe and not die out by the end.

So yeah, I'll pick the mermaid. She'll teach me about the dolphins and how humans polluted Atlantis. And hey, mermaid blood apparently gives immortality and an eternal youthful exterior so there's also a boon there if she ever decides to share some with me. Unless you understandably don't want to live to be that old and turn into a grump.

Edited by Raguna

I choose the mermaid/merman, the last thing I want to see is a huge fish head on legs that will creepily stare at me and run around naked. And mermaids can talk and that's neat.