You're On a Deserted Island...

Mermaid or Fish Woman?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Mermaid or Fish With Lady Legs?

• Mermaid
    • Fish With Legs
    • 100% FISH, BABY, I'M PESCETARIAN ;)

I'd go with the mermaid with the top half human but my justification is going to be nerdy as fuck.

The top half fish mermaid wouldn't survive long because it has gills, therefore will die from asphyxiation. The gills of a fish has a lot of tiny strands, that take in oxygen for the fish. Due to water being denser than air, they're able to expand their gills and oxygen can cover a lot of its surface area, allowing them to take-in more oxygen and breathe. When the fish is brought on land, their gills cannot expand, and collapses on-top of itself, almost like moist paper. This causes the mermaid with the fish top half to have a hard time breathing, and eventually dying because she pretty much has a collapsed lung and cannot breathe at all.

Furthermore, fishes have a 3-second memory! So you'd probably get easily frustrated with the fish top half mermaid. I know this myth is untrue.

i want the mermaid. because she's pretty and she can get me fish from the ocean to eat which i would not want to do because I hate water.

Well, let's face it, if humanity's survival depends uniquely of me, the world is screwed anyway...

I'd chose the fish, because he's the one with the highest survival skils.

Fish with legs. I've already got loads of mermaids and fish friends already, a bit of variety never hurts!

Be sure to choose hermaphrodite in that case, for even more variety!