(*´-`*)ノ hi everyone

moxis

I've known about Serenes Forest for ages now; I always used it to help me when I was playing the older Fire Emblem games. I'm usually a lot more serious about story and characters rather than strategy. I've played the GBA games, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. I'm also finishing Awakening at the moment, and it was the hype of it that finally convinced me to create an account here. I'm thinking about buying Fates but, believe me, the lack of dual audio is making me reconsider.

I've used forums in the past but it's not my usual format. I actually joined specifically to post the theory I've been writing on the timelines of Awakening, which I've been thinking about all week but I didn't know where to share online. Figured here would be the best place. But since I joined and all, might as well make the most of it! I feel like I'm a little late, especially since I don't even have Fates. Any guidance or advice on where to go next is greately appreciated! (Like, where to post that convoluted and possibly outdated great wall of text of mine. The Awakening section, I'm guessing?)

Anyway, thanks and see you around!

Hello! Welcome to our lovely Forests!

Yes, Awakening is the very definition of fun and hype! Glad someone else thinks that :3

Uhmm, I'll say yes, Awakening is the place (since I don't quite recall a Theorizing section existing, I think) but you could always ask a mod about it, if the word of a dinosaur isn't good enough for you :P

And I'm excited to read a new theory on Awakening, so go for it :3

Have a great time!

Hello welcome!

To be honest, you barely even notice the lack of dual audio. In story scenes there is dual audio everywhere, just not in supports. They had to do that. I reccomend buying Fates because it is a great game!

Make yourself at home!

Thanks guys! Glad to be here.

Michelaar, what do you mean, dual audio everywhere in story scenes?

(I'll probably end up giving in after all, knowing myself. :P I'm sure I can get used to the dub eventually, despite my stubborn aversion.)

By the way and for future reference, is there some sort of user tagging system in this forum? As in, having a user be notified that I mentioned them in a post.

Welcome to the community, Moxis.

There are fanpatches that replace the english dub with the original audio from the Japanese version, but if you do give up, remember that Xander and Ryoma sound objectively good in the dub.

I can understand how you feel about playing the game without the original jp audio, but I find the game enjoyable regardless. How soon you may get used to it depends on your own personal views on it sure, but Fates is a great game and I think well worth trying even without the original jp audio.

I don't know about tagging users for activity. I think if you add some one to your friends list or they add you to theirs (its weird how it seems to work), they get notices about your activity on the forums. I think that's how it works, I don't know for sure. That's as far as I can think about letting specific users know about your activities. it may not be possible at all, I suggest asking a staff member about it.

Anyways, welcome to the forums and I look forward to your theories about Awakening! Have fun!

Edited by ___

Ah well, you've all convinced me, I think I'll have a go at the dub! I'd never get round to using patches on my 3ds, and you're right, it's just a matter of getting used to the voices. But first things first-- I still have to finish Awakening, lmao.

Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

Thanks! ...and yes, yes it is. so, so hot. here in hell (spain)

btw I already made that topic I mentioned, its somewhere in the Awakening section if anyone wants to have a look!!