Mass Stabbing in Japan

Rezzy

i heard Japan also has an issue with "Tall Poppy Syndrome"

where while its bad to not be "normal" in a sense of being "worse" then average, its also horrible to be better then average then your looked down on, insulted, and will be taken down a peg by those around you.

i could be wrong as i don't live in japan, so please correct me if they do not have an issue here, but i have heard Japan's culture really disapproves of the individual person not falling in line.

Not only Japan but Asian as a whole, standing out too much will make you look like a rebellious individual who looks down on the others and a threat to your superiors. Of course, this was generally toned down in the modern era but it's still a thing in many company, band and team or party. It's not rare for the superstar of a football team to be isolated by his teammates. If you are good then you have to be humble and generous to everyone. A slightest hint of cockiness will make people hate you. In Vietnam, Korea and China, it's a common problem.

That's my experience in Asian countries, I dont live in Japan so I dont know how bad it is in Japan.

Edited by Magical CC