Before SF

Alex95

I've heard every now and then about the site used before Serenes Forest came to be. I may be wrong on the names here: Angel Sword, FESS, or whatever. I joined in 2014 so I'm wondering what it was exactly. Enlighten a noob please?

Edited by Power Master

some old members that were okay

Yeah, I know of you and Lord Raven (and I think Raven) from then, but there may be more, aside from Vincent and Jyosua.

Time traveller, eh? I dunno...

Fixed it. Sometimes my fingers get all wibbily-wobbily.

I doubt it, but does anyone have any pics from then?

Edited by Power Master

Fixed it. Sometimes my fingers get all wibbily-wobbily.

I doubt it, but does anyone have any pics from then?

It happens... unless you're trying to cover up the truth and you travelled back from 20154 to 2014...

I'm kidding of course.

Truthfully, I haven't even been here a year yet. I'm curious about it too.

we had post count dots

HHH wasnt a thing

some old members that were okay

we were all young and dumb and now we are old and dumb

I still remember some of that.

Man, time sure flies...

FESS (and FEP) was the biggest website/forum before us, though SF's activity was much higher even when both were active forums, we were also really spammy and our community was quite young - as the FE community tended to be at that time, lol. They ended up merging with us in late 2008 either way, and some of their staff became our staff (Lord Glenn and Charlie).

Angel Sword and Angel Sword: Memories were the names of our fansite before it was SF, and run almost entirely by Vincent.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=16893

^ Here's a cool thread with some history up to 2009 if you're interested. Kind of crazy to think that we're 12 years old and still going strong, huh?!

Edited by Tangerine

^ Here's a cool thread with some history up to 2009 if you're interested. Kind of crazy to think that we're 12 years old and still going strong, huh?!

Hehe, have to thank the members for sticking with us through the good and bad times and the staff too for their busy workload.

Plus it helps that Nintendo and IS are still pushing the series : D

The webmaster is also hoping to revamp the site one more time in the distant future.

Aww, to think it finally happened 5 years later.

Edited by VincentASM

^ Here's a cool thread with some history up to 2009 if you're interested.

Awesome. I always like looking back at how things became how they are. ...That made sense, right?

Kind of crazy to think that we're 12 years old and still going strong, huh?!

Well, having a pair of herons sing certainly helps. :)

I'm a part of several different forums and sites, but I never managed to be there at the beginning aside from Nintendo Prime. Always fun seeing the history of how things occurred before I joined (and I usually join very late)

Edited by Power Master

FESS (and FEP) was the biggest website/forum before us, though SF's activity was much higher even when both were active forums, we were also really spammy and our community was quite young - as the FE community tended to be at that time, lol. They ended up merging with us in late 2008 either way, and some of their staff became our staff (Lord Glenn and Charlie).

Angel Sword and Angel Sword: Memories were the names of our fansite before it was SF, and run almost entirely by Vincent.

Was the site ever called Aveyn Knight or was/is that just Vincent's handle. Edited by PP UP

Was the site ever called Aveyn Knight or was/is that just Vincent's handle.

It might have been the URL for the Geocities site (since my Yahoo e-mail as aveyn_knight), but my memory doesn't go that far back ^^

While searching for that info, I stumbled upon my 2004 self. Yikes, what a crazy fella. Hang on, I'm still crazy.

Edited by VincentASM

i prefer to remember all the old drama and shit

luminothe, trueblade, goldie going batshit crazy, crashgordon94, the days before tang became an admin...

damn that's been a long long time

Was the site ever called Aveyn Knight or was/is that just Vincent's handle.

I dunno. I only know that to be Vincent's old username/e-mail address.

i prefer to remember all the old drama and shit

luminothe, trueblade, goldie going batshit crazy, crashgordon94, the days before tang became an admin...

damn that's been a long long time

The site and forum are a lot better off now. All those years ago we were absolutely the youngest and most immature of the bunch, but the FESS merge and passed time helped mature the community into the best our fandom has to offer. Could you imagine Nintendo associating with us 5 or 6 years ago? It'd never happen lol!