Fates censorship?

AmericanBuizel

So, I'm wondering, if we're so pissed at the censorship for Fates, how come we're not marching down to NoA HQ with torches and pitchforks in hand and demand that they stop censoring the games as well as forcing them to treat us better?

I'm not even pissed at the petting mini game being removed, I'm pissed at the changing of characters' personalities, the removal of drugs and alcohol, the removal of religious references, removal of character development, etc.

Have you seen Effie's character in Fates? She was changed from this gentle giant to this b*tch that only cares about her muscles.

Edited by AmericanBuizel

I'm not even pissed at the petting mini game being removed, I'm pissed at the changing of characters' personalities, the removal of drugs and alcohol, the removal of religious references, removal of character development, etc.

Again, maybe you should be a tad more specific and bring up a few examples of censorship, like where it happens and how it affects the game or the characters.

Have you seen Effie's character in Fates? She was changed from this gentle giant to this b*tch that only cares about here muscles.

That is not censorship.

Again, maybe you should be a tad more specific and bring up a few examples of censorship, like where it happens and how it affects the game or the characters.

How about this?

That is not censorship.

How is that not censorship? If that isn't unnecessarily changing a character's personality, I don't know what is. NoA is modern day 4Kids entertainment.

How about this?

How is that not censorship? If that isn't unnecessarily changing a character's personality, I don't know what is. NoA is modern day 4Kids entertainment.

You seem to misunderstand what censorship is. Here's the literal definition of a censor:

a person who examines books, movies, letters, etc., and removes things that are considered to be offensive, immoral, harmful to society, etc.

Changing Effie's character, while you could argue it being unnecessary, is part of the localization of the game. Beruka and Saizou's support falls under the same category. Localization means trying to adapt the work of fiction to a different setting where different cultural norms and values apply - it can fail terribly, or it can work. Regardless of result, it is not censorship.

The only thing that really comes to mind that I would call censoring is not being able to dress female Kanna in a bath towel. If you want to raise your pitchforks for that, then go ahead, but I think I'll sit that one out.

localization teams know more about their job than you ever will.

the fates international release is fine.

Okay, then how come companies like FUNimation have done better jobs than Treehouse?

Oh, so you're against people with opinions? Thanks for exposing your true colors.

right your opinion of "nintendo america censored fire emblem fates with their localization"

so in addition to not understanding what localization is or its repercussions you also have no idea what censorship means. it's hard to even call this an opinion when it's just so completely wrong in every way.

please go back to reddit, sf doesn't need you

Oh, so you're against people with opinions? Thanks for exposing your true colors.

It's less about opinions, and more because everyone on this site is tired of this subject.

everything that has to be said about it has already been said.

Edit:

"American Buizel"

That sounds fam... OH IT'S THAT GUY.

37U6R8x.png

nbD9ua3.png

Don't even give the OP the time of day, guys.

I knew that name was familiar!

He's from the comment section of your videos, isn't he?

Edited by Water Mage