Ace Attorney Mafia - Game Over (Won the Lawsuit!)

solrocknroll

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toren do you have thoughts on more than the possibility of SB being vigged? What do you think of Eury/Refa? Do you agree/disagree with the cases they've made or that we've made against them and why?I also got a message yesterday yay.Refa > Eury >>> Toren > Dragonflare.

To be honest, I don't really trust the Eurywagon. The evidence against her doesn't seem too strong, and her most recent defense didn't seem scummy to me. (A mafia would normally have a more aggressive defense, they have more to lose, after all). Unfortunately, I'm getting a null for Refa atm

elaborate

It wasn't exactly a strong case, but SB was my biggest scumread at the time. I didn't like how he went after Proto so much but kept his vote on Kirsche. He was also pretty quick to vote for Kirsche (and switch his vote to Proto after the host confirmation). There were also a few other minor things that made me think that he was a maf, but I doubt that they're worth mentioning (tunneling, doubting his townreads, etc.) Again, not a very strong case...but it paid off in the end.

one more thing @Riptor

my Proto case was followed? SB voted Proto before I did. and I'm just sayin if I were scum why would I almost immediately sheep him. if I am scum that's a super lazy sheep and bro I know my d1 was lazy but I am not that lazy bro. bro

I scanned Eury's iso. as I said d1 I dismissed her because I thought her first post was town (confession: I didn't really read it) and that was why I refused to switch to her wagon yesterday.

(disclaimer: I realize Eury's been super busy with life and I used the same excuse for shit content yesterday, I'm not gonna go into it & I'm not gonna fault Eury for explaining her situation either.)

(another disclaimer: I am so behind I haven't fully read other people's Eury cases so if I'm repeating a bunch of stuff then whoops I guess I'll find out when I'm done catching up)

I don't like her last post like, at all. I'm talking about this post. this is ~meta~ and I'm sorry, but town!Eury is usually more aggressive than scum!Eury and considering the fact she didn't vote yesterday and explains it away as "I wasn't interested in voting anyone" even though she had the time to write up a giant post anyway is scummy to me. I'd understand if she didn't have the time to but she specifically states she wasn't interested in it. we were into page 5 at the time of her first hugepost and there was enough to vote on and she had a LOT to say about people and just. didn't really do anything.

I read her vote history since that was something I hadn't done yesterday and her vote was still on Refa until like halfway through the day when she just unvoted him and that seems really out-of-character to me for some reason.

reading through her first content post and there's a lot of waffling but especially on Elieson which really bugs me for some reason. there's a LOT of content on Elie and it doesn't really go anywhere. it reads like padding which is ironic because she criticizes Elie for fluff in his posts. (I saw what she said about Kirsche yesterday though and left her alone because I agreed with her--Kirsche not being the kind careless enough to scumslip in his literal first post, I mean)

I feel like I wouldn't be bothered so much if it were just a bunch of words on the game in general but it's a lot of talk about Elie and that's scummy imo. I'm not assuming they're scumbuddies but a lot of waffle on one person (whether scum or town) that doesn't end in a vote is scummy and I usually vote for it. she even calls Elie's vote on her easy but is still hesitant to vote for him. it reads scum hesitant to get too aggressive against someone casing her. this is the hugest reason why I want to lynch her.

her defense against Elie's response is basically, "yeah I realize I promised content but how does that make me worse than inactives, you should have voted for an inactive instead."

she also calls Riptor's case/vote on Kirsche easy and didn't do anything about that either. I dunno, I'm feeling better about this than yesterday.

PEDIT: thank u Gaius for your drunk shitposts drunk mafia posting is the best

I ctrl+fed "SB" and it isn't in Eury's wallpost so I'm not reading it! You can't make me!

STOP BEING LAZY SB.

also does this feel like a maf interaction to you guys

Naps are nice.

^^Also forgot to mention this but part of the reason I voted Proto over Eury yesterday was because I actually was fine with most of Eury's content with the big issue being that she didn't vote.

Eury, something that's bothering me about your post is that you seem almost apathetic about several people voting you. Why doesn't that bother you?

Of course you voting Elieson would be helpful, and I'm not sure how you can argue against that? Elie had like 2, maybe 3 people voting him at the time. Additionally, it helps people get a better read on you when you're putting your money where your mouth is.

Why should it bother me? I'm confused about this point. To be honest, I only seemed to have 2-3 votes on me total- so why are you questioning me not really caring much about it? I'm not sure if you're expecting me to have a similar reaction to that of OMGUS or something super defensive, but all in all I'm not overly concerned about it? Honestly, the only reason that it probably seemed bad was that I was one of the potential lynch candidates with the time going down, that's about it?

one more thing @Riptor

my Proto case was followed? SB voted Proto before I did. and I'm just sayin if I were scum why would I almost immediately sheep him. if I am scum that's a super lazy sheep and bro I know my d1 was lazy but I am not that lazy bro. bro

I scanned Eury's iso. as I said d1 I dismissed her because I thought her first post was town (confession: I didn't really read it) and that was why I refused to switch to her wagon yesterday.

(disclaimer: I realize Eury's been super busy with life and I used the same excuse for shit content yesterday, I'm not gonna go into it & I'm not gonna fault Eury for explaining her situation either.)

(another disclaimer: I am so behind I haven't fully read other people's Eury cases so if I'm repeating a bunch of stuff then whoops I guess I'll find out when I'm done catching up)

I don't like her last post like, at all. I'm talking about this post. this is ~meta~ and I'm sorry, but town!Eury is usually more aggressive than scum!Eury and considering the fact she didn't vote yesterday and explains it away as "I wasn't interested in voting anyone" even though she had the time to write up a giant post anyway is scummy to me. I'd understand if she didn't have the time to but she specifically states she wasn't interested in it. we were into page 5 at the time of her first hugepost and there was enough to vote on and she had a LOT to say about people and just. didn't really do anything.

I read her vote history since that was something I hadn't done yesterday and her vote was still on Refa until like halfway through the day when she just unvoted him and that seems really out-of-character to me for some reason.

reading through her first content post and there's a lot of waffling but especially on Elieson which really bugs me for some reason. there's a LOT of content on Elie and it doesn't really go anywhere. it reads like padding which is ironic because she criticizes Elie for fluff in his posts. (I saw what she said about Kirsche yesterday though and left her alone because I agreed with her--Kirsche not being the kind careless enough to scumslip in his literal first post, I mean)

I feel like I wouldn't be bothered so much if it were just a bunch of words on the game in general but it's a lot of talk about Elie and that's scummy imo. I'm not assuming they're scumbuddies but a lot of waffle on one person (whether scum or town) that doesn't end in a vote is scummy and I usually vote for it. she even calls Elie's vote on her easy but is still hesitant to vote for him. it reads scum hesitant to get too aggressive against someone casing her. this is the hugest reason why I want to lynch her.

her defense against Elie's response is basically, "yeah I realize I promised content but how does that make me worse than inactives, you should have voted for an inactive instead."

she also calls Riptor's case/vote on Kirsche easy and didn't do anything about that either. I dunno, I'm feeling better about this than yesterday.

PEDIT: thank u Gaius for your drunk shitposts drunk mafia posting is the best

Bolded: TBH I've been tired as fuck this entire week- I've been garnering less than 2-3 hours per night of restful sleep, and once I hit the 16.5 hour double shift, I've been fucking exhausted. Insert moving shinanegans, having to deal with relatives of friends being complete pricks and such during said move, and other things, my in-depth effort/interests this far have been far below par. Which isn't necessarily the fault of the other players or this game itself- just hasn't been a good week for me. Sorry.

And as kinda sorta explained in another post, I legit forgot to unvote Refa because I had no real legitimate reason to be voting him at the time. If my forgetfulness strikes you as being off, then there's nothing I can do about that except apologize for being tired this week.

Can't disagree with the stuff against Riptor, but nothing felt bad enough at the time to remember voting for. But again, my focus has been utter shit, and whatever energy I've had this week has been dedicated to moving IRL and work shit, so I'm not overly surprised if stuff like jet lag is carrying over to Mafia game posts. I know it's not helping townside, so I can see where things are coming from against me, but there's not much more I care to say in terms of defense or response because it literally boils down to me having a rough week and not really having the time to put full blown effort into this game currently.

also does this feel like a maf interaction to you guys

Uh, I don't know how joking/responding to non-case comments/points is unusual to even town!me? I've done it all the time as both sides, so I'm not sure how it's explicitly being noted as directly a Maf interaction in this case.

Votals 2.1: a whole Lotta trouble

Eurykins (3) L-3: GP, Elieson, Quote

Dragonflare7 (2): Gaius, JB

Quote (1): Riptor

Toren (1): Refa

Refa (1): Kirsche

Not Voting: Dragonflare7, Toren, Eurykins

Phase ends in 35 hours on August 20th at 6:00 P.M. CST/GMT-5.

With 11 left alive, it takes 6 to hammer.

Edited by Enigmar

I was mad about inactives because I couldn't get a read on them.

Yeah but if you were actually that annoyed you would be fine to lynch them over someone who has been posting and your logic of "didn't get a chance to claim" doesn't really make sense because it applies to both of them. As for your reads, I understand that you may have put work on them but I just don't think the reasoning is very strong.

I dunno if the switch to Toren would come from scu, but then your tone reads maf ugh pls.

Well yeah. Obviously nothing's changed because I hadn't been able to post until now, and I'm no insomniac, lol?

Just because you haven't been able to post for a while doesn't mean you haven't been able to read. Thoughts on Refa, Dragonflare, Toren, Elie (now) and people's interactions with SB? Literally anything more than just one line responses to criticism.

@GP: If anything dragon's buddies would be telling her to flake more because flaking op.

PEDIT: Ok Eury responded some more apparently whoops. Eury you're gonna be lycnhed today just fyi at this rate. Proto was lynch with 3 votes. I get that IRL sucks but I don't give free passes.

##Unvote

##Vote: Eurykins

Might be worth claiming tbh.

Oh yeah Gaius should translate wtf he was saying when he was drunk. It was funny but "master kirsches Eury towns" is hard to decipher.[/quote

Working on translating right now, I mostly stand by what drunk!Gaius said, but will support with quotes and shit

gaius the best

SB was my biggest scumread at the time. I didn't like how he went after Proto so much but kept his vote on Kirsche. He was also pretty quick to vote for Kirsche (and switch his vote to Proto after the host confirmation). There were also a few other minor things that made me think that he was a maf, but I doubt that they're worth mentioning (tunneling, doubting his townreads, etc.) Again, not a very strong case...but it paid off in the end.

is this a fucking softclaim vig or something

first you allude to the fact that SB was vigged instead of any other form of nightkill (paranoid gunner, SK, redirect???), now you're saying SB was your biggest scumread... Actually, are those all your reasons for thinking he was scum D1?

idk this jsut strikes me as so off esp the bold/underlined part

PEDIT: Ok Eury responded some more apparently whoops. Eury you're gonna be lycnhed today just fyi at this rate. Proto was lynch with 3 votes. I get that IRL sucks but I don't give free passes.

##Unvote
##Vote: Eurykins

Might be worth claiming tbh.

yeah i suppose i'm going to sheep this to say that i'm not sure why Eury is so nonchalant. She was hella close to getting lynched D1, now she's a fairly popular target, and her response feels so... meh.

i understand where riptor is coming from wrt quote but that's legitimately how he plays every d1 lul (though i understand that meta isn't an excuse for scummy play)

gaius the best

first you allude to the fact that SB was vigged instead of any other form of nightkill (paranoid gunner, SK, redirect???), now you're saying SB was your biggest scumread... Actually, are those all your reasons for thinking he was scum D1?

Thoughts on Toren passing Vigilante for SK? I also felt something extremely wrong with his thought progressions. Like if he felt strongly about SB why not talk about it before?

I understand meta isn't an excuse for scummy play but like there's also that if I was scum that means I just sheeped my scumbuddy all day for no reason

I still want to lynch Eury because despite her responses to the votes on her she still hasn't really done anything when she's had multiple opportunities to and it's just bugging me a lot

So nauseous. The ick is going around.

So I'm feeling better about Refa; enough to not want to vote him for next phase, but I'm still swallowing his justification on Proto (that I haven't read all that clearly).

Gaius drunkposting makes me think; if he thinks an SK was involved last night, why doesn't he out other possibilities? He's usually that kind of guy to say all the shit on his mind. Then again, he was drunk, and probably couldn't formulate words to explain it all. I'm not all that suspicious of it, but it just got me thinking of possibilities myself.

Thoughts on Toren passing Vigilante for SK? I also felt something extremely wrong with his thought progressions. Like if he felt strongly about SB why not talk about it before?

i feel like if he's only talking about this then it implies he knows something we don't?

So the more I read, the more I wonder

If an SK exists, why is there only one kill.

If a Town Vig shot SB, why is there only one kill.

Theorizing on possibilities here is helping me develop reads on a few players (JB/Toren/Gaius), because they're talking about it. I don't care if I don't know much about the roles, but stuff obviously happened that must have prevented a second kill from happening (unless it's as simple as the Maf kill got redirected to SB somehow, which would be a super weird N1 scenario to consider.

So yea, basically all this is, is me considering the chances of SB's death being the result of a second method of killing, rather than a redirection of a single method of killing. Spec on it isn't going to get me all that far, since we need more confirmation of a second kill method existing before we can really consider what it could/couldn't be. Long-term plans for a town hooker though, if we have one, is probably the biggest thing I'm considering right now with reference to role handling.

GDI I'm townreading half of the game.

Nullreads (No-reads)

Dragonflare7

Arctic Fox Lord Gaius

Forced Null Reads

Jaybee
Refa

I need to read Quote more. JB feels like he's blending in super well and nothing stands out to me about the slot. I'd be more wary of the slot but I need to read more into his posts and I just haven't had the time yet to ISO JB (and also Quote).

LG needs to not post while drunk, despite being the best drunkposter since kirsche Levibii, did you ever post while drunk I can't remember

my Tsundere relationship with Kirsche

I love you

Gaius drunkposting makes me think; if he thinks an SK was involved last night, why doesn't he out other possibilities? He's usually that kind of guy to say all the shit on his mind. Then again, he was drunk, and probably couldn't formulate words to explain it all. I'm not all that suspicious of it, but it just got me thinking of possibilities myself.

So for the line of thinking I was going for, in Pokemon Showdown an SK kill beats Mafia and would cancel their factional kill. Drunk!Gaius was online at PS and translated it, so that train of thought doesn't really go anywhere. Still something bugging me about Toren.

I am completely 180ing my positions on Eury and Elie.

Elie: When I opened I thought his interactions with SB were really damning. I thought the only post he had wrt Elie was the in total paragraph he voted him here

In hindsight I really don't like the "keep this up and I'll lynch you Eli" comment either.

I think Elieson read the first few words of my vote and ignored it though. Why is the behaviour I described not scummy independent of the player it's directed towards?

##Unvote

##Vote: Elieson

Willing to pursue this for now. I also think that his vote is uninspiring and that he's forcing the reasoning because he feels pressured rather than particularly feeling the vote.

and that wasn't the case. He continues to pressure Elie instead of what I thought looked like an endless tunnel on Kirsche and it didn't seem as likely a bus, which was my main argument against him align with things about our next lovely player

Eury:

Why should it bother me? I'm confused about this point. To be honest, I only seemed to have 2-3 votes on me total- so why are you questioning me not really caring much about it? I'm not sure if you're expecting me to have a similar reaction to that of OMGUS or something super defensive, but all in all I'm not overly concerned about it? Honestly, the only reason that it probably seemed bad was that I was one of the potential lynch candidates with the time going down, that's about it?

This apathy feels forced to me on a second read, like she's trying to go "oh look at me I'm reaction like a townie should and not blowing up like scum would" The no vote also wasn't great when she had time to do lots of walls.

More incoming

gaius the best

Yeah, I was softing. I'm a 1x vigilante.

I was barely playing on D1, admittedly. The wall posts were overwhelming and I was having a hard time responding to them. After Proto flipped town though, I ISO'd the people who voted for Proto and found it strange that SB left his final vote on Kirsche. I went on from there.