1. 1. What style of fighting game do you want to see

• Soul Calibur
    • Marvel vs Capcom
    • Guilty Gear
    • Tekken
    • Street Fighter
    • SNK style
    • increase the NaCl levels, just keep adding them to smash

I'm not too familiar with Fighting games in general, the only one I frequently play smash aside is Touhou 14.5, which wouldn't easily work for obvious reasons because people in Fire Emblem can't fly without mounts.

So... I guess maybe something like ULiL on the ground or whatever. I guess.

Out of these options, Tekken is my favorite. And I do think Tekken's style could work, I mean it does have a boxing raptor! However, I think Soul Caliber's style would work the best. It regularly has characters wielding weapons, and it could really give each character unique moves even if they have the same weapon.

I'm not too familiar with Fighting games in general, the only one I frequently play smash aside is Touhou 14.5, which wouldn't easily work for obvious reasons because people in Fire Emblem can't fly without mounts.

So... I guess maybe something like ULiL on the ground or whatever. I guess.

then why not th12.3 without flight

But no, TIE's got my idea. Something like Dissidia (EX Mode would be Class Change, hee). I wouldn't mind KoF (old ones, mind. the new ones don't seem to hold the same sort of feel to 'em), Tekken, or Soul Calibur, either.

I did have a sort of idea about this sorta thing, and it involved premade character pairs, and the ability to cancel moves by switching characters.

then why not th12.3 without flight

But no, TIE's got my idea. Something like Dissidia (EX Mode would be Class Change, hee). I wouldn't mind KoF (old ones, mind. the new ones don't seem to hold the same sort of feel to 'em), Tekken, or Soul Calibur, either.

I did have a sort of idea about this sorta thing, and it involved premade character pairs, and the ability to cancel moves by switching characters.

Because I really hate Hisoutensoku's spell card system, pretty much. ULiL is just more natural to me or something like that.

But this is a bit off topic I guess.

Personally, I'd like it if an FE fighter tried to establish its own identity rather than aping an existing game. That aside, I'd rather it be a traditional 2D fighter, since I tend to prefer those more.

I think something Tag based could really work well for an FE fighter, especially since dual attacks seem to be a series staple going forward. What I'd be interested in seeing is something like the dedicated assist characters present in the first MvC game. FE has an absolutely massive cast of characters, but if whoever was making this hypothetical game wanted it to be really well polished, I can't see them having more than a 20 character roster at the absolute most. That's hardly enough to fit all the main characters from each FE, let alone a lot of the potentially interesting side characters. Having a category of dedicated assist characters could allow a bunch of those types to be included in a role beyond a background cameo or something.

Apologies if this wasn't in the spirit of this thread was meant for, but it's something I've been thinking about for an FE fighter for a while now.