Conquest

MeddlingMage

So far through this run on Conquest (Currently on Chapter 16), I have over 60,000 in the bank and have not used the Money DLC map and I barely bought any skills. I think the only Skills I bought was Renewal for Niles, Vantage on Odin (for the Nosferatu/ Vantage combo), Live to Serve on Elise (because I'm never going to let her be a maid), and Certain Blow and Death Blow on Arthur (however I only have Certain Blow active on Arthur now. I currently have 5 units that has been promoted and they are Niles (who is a Bow Knight), Odin (who is a Sorcerer), Sabrina [MU] (who is a Nohr Noble), Anna (who is an Adventurer), and Elise is a Strategist.

So far I have to say this run of Conquest is pretty fun.

I started off buying skills in my first few runs as well. After a while, the game's challenge just became trivial and I forgot why I needed to buy skills in the first place. :/

There's still a lot of fun to be had in experimenting with class setups that can be obtained through A+ and S-rank, and there are some characters that can put in massive amount of work with classes and skills they can only get from marrying the Avatar. I haven't explored all of them yet myself, but I will say that Xander with Lancebreaker may very well be one of the most broken things in this game.

Yep. When I played my last run of Conquest. I bought a lot of skills early on and I was basically destroying everything with ease. Having to go to the Money DLC after every chapter so I can buy Skills. This time I barely bought any skills. I'm going to be buying skills, but I'm waiting to I start making the kids to buy the skills. I figured buying Certain Blow on Arthur and Live to Serve on Elise isn't really that broken. So I went ahead and bought them. Its so much and more challenging to play Conquest this way.

I do use the Boo Camp DLC, the Museum DLC, and I did use Anna's DLC (just so I can have a second Archer for Chapter 10). I wasn't planning on turning Mozu into an Archer this time around, so I went to the Anna DLC, I used 3 units that I recruited from other peoples' castles and just ran through the Anna DLC. I only used the Boo Camp DLC and the Museum DLC like 4 or five times combined.

Edited by MeddlingMage

I always avoid buying skills because I wind up forgetting about the main story and concentrating on making everyone have a nifty skill set. I figured after I beat each route clean a little new game plus esque style of play wouldn't hurt. Course that just made most of my future runs pretty boring and easy. Gonna agree that experimenting with friendship seals keeps it fun though. Part of the entertainment comes from having units in classes they aren't usually in. At least in my opinion.