Fire Emblem if (파이어 엠블렘 if)'s page is updated!

Great Merchant

http://nintendo.co.kr/3DS/software/bfwj/index.html

파이어 엠블렘 if's page is updated with more information!

First link (starting from left) shows some localization details. Interestingly, names from both Japanese version and North American versions are used.

Corrin = 카무이 (Kamui)

Azura = 아주라 (Azura)

Hinoka = 히노카 (Hinoka)

Ryoma = 료마 (Ryoma)

Xander = 잰더 (Xander)

Camila = 카밀라 (Camila)

Elise = 엘리스 (Elise)

Anankos = 아난코스 (Anankos)

Jakob = 제이콥 (Jakob)

Takumi = 타쿠미 (Takumi)

Anna = 안나 (Anna)

Leo = 리오 (Leo)

Felicia = 펠리시아 (Felicia)

Llewelyn = 루웰린 (Llewelyn)

Yato = 야신도 (Korean name for Yato)

Raijinto = 뇌신도 (Thunder God Blade)

Iron Bow = 철의 활 (Bow of Iron)

Steel Lance = 강철의 창 (Spear of Steel)

Naginata = 월도 (Moon Blade)

Nosferatu = 리자이어 (Resire)

Falcon Knight = 성 천마 무사 (Holy Sky Warrior)

Kinshi Knight = 킨시 무사 (Kinshi Warrior)

Ballistician = 슈터 (Shooter)

Witch = 마녀 (Witch)

Second link demonstrates DLCs: first wave dlcs and the Third Route. Third link shows some promotion videos with Korean narrators, which makes me think that this game should include Korean VAs. Fourth one is introduction of New Nintendo 3DS Fire Emblem if Edition.

Edited by Great Merchant

Seems like the character names save Kamui/Corrin follow the English localised versions while the names of weapons categorical features and game mechanics come from the Japanese counterpart.

[Personal impressions]

- So even Elise is pronounced like the English version instead of the German-inspired(?) Japanese pronunciation? I guess I'm too used to seeing '엘리스' used for 'Alice' while '엘리제' for 'Elise'.

- '리오' for Leo? I can overlook localisation decisions like '아주라' (Azura) and '잰더' (Xander) over '아쿠아' (Aqua) and '마크스' (Marx) and such despite them being somewhat awkward in Korean script, but '리오' is a rather unconventional transliteration of the name ('레오' being the more conventional choice, despite '리오' being the closer to 'Leo' in pronunciation, at least in American English). Now that I think about it though, I think the localisers did this so that the names best fit the English voice-overs. In fact, this is probably why the character names save Kamui follow the NA localisation; many of these names (especially the Royals') appear in cutscenes or voice clips, while the Avatar's name does not since this is the one that the player decides.

- Interesting how they used the Sino/Korean variant ([偃]月刀, [언]월도) for the Naginata (薙刀); considering their similarities and the relative familiarity the former has over the latter, I think that's a cute localisation decision.

- 킨시 무사 instead of 금치 무사 for Kinshi Knight (金鵄武者) does come across as a bit bizzare since the class in the JP edition is written in Chinese script (Kanji) and as such it is somewhat more commonplace to use a direct Korean transliteration of the corresponding Chinese characters. I can only guess that the localisers understood Kinshi as being a distinctly Japanese artifact, hence going with the direct transliteration of the Japanese pronunciation instead of the Kanji. I guess my reaction simply boils down to a matter of personal preference, but I can't help but wonder how Onmyoji (陰陽師) would be localised though...

- The standard weapon names read clunky. Unlike the Japanese possessive particle 'の' the Korean '의' should be used rather sparingly. I personally would have preferred 강철창 to 강철의 창 for the Steel Sword (鋼の剣) and such, but, oh well, not like it's a huge problem or anything.

- I personally don't mind the Korean version using the English voices much, but gotta say, listening to Hinoka and Ryoma's English voice-overs on top of the Korean narration in that trailer does sound a bit awkward.

- lol at 00:40 in that trailer, toning down Thorn In You (Roar) in favour of Azura's water splashing sound effect.

I don't think I have any strong opinions though, just glad that the Korean audience is finally getting some information about the game.

Edited by Aggro Incarnate

Based on released information only characters' name came from North American version. Everything else like weapons, classes, support conversations, and etc all follows Japanese version. So, North American version's censorship most likely do not exist in this game, at least for supports.

i.e) Male Corrin and Felicia S rank support

NA version: I will never let anything tear us apart.

Korean version: 평생 동안, 내 곁에 있어야 해. (You should stay with me forever.)

Korean translation follows very closely to Japanese version.

Another example is paradise scramble.

NA version: paradise

Korean version: 남국 (Southern state)

This also follows closely to Japanese version.

So it's just the "usual" format. Just the whole licensing thing with the JP song for Renka for the VAs being North American. That's good news I take it.

Edited by shadowofchaos