{Question} Optimal Pairings

WinterOkami

Oh my another thread about this, why can't this guy just learn for one damn time how to make the right pairings.

After weeks and weeks, still confused.

Sometimes I just make my pairings according to stats but the skills that go with it make me change my mind, to therefore mess up on some pairings and vice versa. After realising my mistakes or seeing some units not be as strong as they're supposed to {Like Forrest for example who should be deadly but seems like Sakura wasn't the right choice} I end up erasing my savefile and starting over again.

So yeah here I am again, hopefully for the last time...

So for Kana I want a fast physical Kana taking in consideration that I have M!Corrin w/ +Str -Mag. I saw that when marrying Hinoka and Kagero, some of the stats were already capped. Then again Kana's personal skill has to do with Dragon stones and the strength from them is magic based so what is the real thing to go ? *Mind Blown*

I play on CQ and REV

For Conquest I don't think I'll marry 2nd gen children but on REV definitely since it's my main savefile

So for the other children how I want them to be:

Ignatius: Physical Tank

Velouria: Physical Sweeper

Hisame: To be honest I don't know his strongest version

Midori; Same, I heard Master Ninja was good but she is supposed to be an Apothi-thingy

Nina: Same

Caeldori: Same

Selkie: Same

Forrest: Same

Mitama : Same, not sure if priestress or onmyoji

Asugi : Same

Sophie : Same

Siegbert : Same

Shiro: I believe he is supposed to be a tank but with Kagero he was so fast and strong, yet frail because if 4 ennemies showed they would end killing him or leaving him near death.

Dwyer: I handed up having her be too magic orientated and I was obliged to have him use a flame shuriken to do damage, not sure if staff bot or balanced butler

Rhajat : Magic Sweeper

Shigure: Fast killer, I feel like he needs a father with strong tec/str because when I had Corrin!Shigure he used to prok Astra all the time and kill who ever showed up to the point where he'll kill the ennemy and will block the second hit because he got the dual guard up.

Percy : Physical Sweeper

Kiragi : Physical Sweeper

Soleil : Balanced Tank/Sweep

Here it is, hope I am not bothering and if I am sorry.

Thanks in advance for the help.

My Hisame's a critbeast swordmaster. His high skill combined with Gamble and Death Blow means he crits a lot.

Midori... I mainly end up using her as a money maker.

Nina I usually end up recruiting for completionist's sake, so I can't really help you there.

Caeldori. *shrug*

Selkie Likes to be a little tanky, since the morpher-exclusive skill, Grisly Wound, activates much like the Seal moves.

Forrest can be a godly Strategist if you give him a mother with a good Magic stat. a high magic stat means he'll both be dealing plenty of damage with tomes and healing your units a lot.

Mitama, Priestess unless you give her a good magical mother.

Asugi... I don't really like him. XD

Sophie makes a fun tank/support unit. I have one in my logbook whose skills are Pavise, Aegis, Luna, Sol and Amaterasu. I like having her either standing next to or paired up with Kana so he can use Nohrian Trust on her skills.

Siegbert I use as another tanky support with a similar skill set to Sophie

Shiro has great skill and strength stats, especially if his mother is Kagero. not too shabby on the defensive end, either, but I love having him as a Spear Master with Pavise and Aegis to boost his durability while he mows down enemies.

Dwyer I paired with Mitama for access to the Great Master class, since spear type weapons do more damage than Shuriken.

You seem to know what you want from the rest of the kids.

I usually have Nina as a magic leaning shining bow user/support.

Elise gives her good magic but kind of tanks her skill. Nyx gives her pretty good mods, highest magic she can get iirc, and it gives her a Hoshido class. Felicia makes her a glass cannon. And Corrin as her mom can really do anything for her.

Nina's interesting because she also does okay with a physical mom. She can go either way, really.

Mitama does better as a physical unit due to Azama's mods.

Here's the pairings I'll be using in my next Revelation's run:

Shiro x MU

Hayato X Azura

Jakob x Peri

Silas x Selena

Kaze x Mozu

Ryoma x Kagero

Takumi x Hana

Saizo x Rinkah

Kaden x Hinoka

Hinata x Setsuna

Azama x Orochi

Subaki x Felicia

Xander x Effie

Leo x Sakura (I think our problem with Sakura!Forrest was RNG. He has a huge max Mag stat with Sakura.)

Benny x Oboro

Keaton x Charlotte

Arthur x Camilla

Odin x Nyx

Laslow x Beruka

Niles x Elise

Granted, I realize some of these pairings aren't optimal, but I did this to emphasize the children I like the best.

I usually have Nina as a magic leaning shining bow user/support.

Elise gives her good magic but kind of tanks her skill. Nyx gives her pretty good mods, highest magic she can get iirc, and it gives her a Hoshido class. Felicia makes her a glass cannon. And Corrin as her mom can really do anything for her.

Nina's interesting because she also does okay with a physical mom. She can go either way, really.

Mitama does better as a physical unit due to Azama's mods.

Nina's growth rates are better in Str but few of her mothers actually give her Str bonuses so I think I'll go your way with a magic Nina

Thanks

Edited by WinterOkami

Also please don't forget about Kana, I still don't know who to pick for her mother to have an op samourai {Since her best assets are supposed to be str and speed}

Mitama gives decent Str and Speed, depending on her mother.