Random Filler Mafia The First - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ITPs don't have the same win condition as town, so there is always the possibility they're lying to save their own hides. Furthermore ITPs side with the alignment that's easier to win with. You can't keep an ITP around to help town because if the tide turns in scum's favor they're going to try and joint with scum unless they're like, ITP doc who wins by stopping kills or something. Not to mention sometimes scum will fakeclaim ITP if people cut ITPs too much slack.

Read Toonami Mafia starting here if you want a good example of why ITPs can be complete and total fuckjobs from the PoV of town

Gorf is going to build a wall to keep the ITPs out and he's going to get Snike to pay for it with leftover bounty money from that game

This is also why Via is anti-Trump, incidentally

Edited by Prims

It was a fair possibility that you were cult. Everyone else had already claimed non-itp and we knew there was one in the setup, so if you claimed itp but something non-hostile, it would be believable and we'd be less likely to lynch you. If you were a recruit and not a leader, that would have been a very solid cult play.

If it had not been at the possible expense of hurting our chances of winning, I'd have tried to help you win, but that wasn't the case this game. I can only say that I'm sorry it didn't work out.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on this

It's not like you cost me the win, but.... I'm salty. Mostly because all of the arguments for my lynch were nonsensical and badly thought out.

EDIT: This was a response to Prims

Edited by Arctic Fox

Trump being the last maf and you not being cult were both uncertainties. But possibly lynching the last mafia (esp. one known to be a lawyer) is a smaller gain than possibly lynching a cult leader just because of how much faster cult can reach parity. Trump would have been the suboptimal lynch given what we knew at the time.

Also... it's unfortunate but had we lynched Trump d3, the game still would've ended there and you would've been prevented from earning more prediction points.

I didn't get a single prediction point lol

I thought you guys had established me as a cult recruit..... in which case there was no point in lynching me as I would just have been replaced

You could've been either leader or recruit from our pov, really. Lynching a recruit would've still been valuable since the flip would give us confirmation that a cult did exist.

I would just have been replaced

There can be more than one recruit at a time, so delaying parity is still valuable.

I don't get why you claimed or the logic behind your predictions (why not the claimed cop????).

I figured the mafia didn't want to risk attacking a likely doctor target

You could've been either leader or recruit from our pov, really. Lynching a recruit would've still been valuable since the flip would give us confirmation that a cult did exist.

There can be more than one recruit at a time, so delaying parity is still valuable.

By day 3 it's already too late to hold them back in that way. The cult would maintain their number but the total number of players would dwindle, resulting in a quick cult win.

Had I been a cult recruit you would have lost by lynching me.

Had I been a cult recruit you would have lost by lynching me.

It's hard to say tbh, I think the potential lylo announcement could have led us to play differently. We could still win in such a case if during n3 Gorf shot cult, the leader was nursed, or the recruit target was shrink'd. Not a guaranteed loss, but yes, the game would be much more difficult if we lynched recruit!you while the game was 3/1/3.

@AF: hypothetically speaking, if you were town and somebody claimed non-hostile ITP in this setup, would you trust them completely?

I think you should have been given a safeclaim, or your wincon altered so you could still win after dying.

see why i don't like the lynch all itps automatically rule lol

altho you probably shouldn't have claimed warlock so readily :(

Edited by Quote

i realize it's optimal play but like it turns playing itp into playing mafia basically, hostile or not, except the mafia also wants you dead so what's the pointof being itp. basically why i dont like playing itp anymore :( that's just me tho

also since everyone knows the itp policies here i feel like this means hosts should exclude super fucking hard-to-win itps like survival-based ones and lynchers (non-hostile itps whatever u wanna call them) bc you are giving people an unwinnable role in a place like sf but again that's just me. if itp is going to be included in a game they should be pretty powerful considering everything's probably stacked against them

also im mexican & love being itp #bantrump #destroytrumpwall2016

Edited by Quote