Can anyone give me an explanation on the formula for the kids Base Stats?

Avalanche

I've been recently getting my buddy into FE and he had some questions about the Fates kids, mainly if there were any differences between how they were handled in Awakening. I've been able to explain everything, with the exception of how their bases are calculated. I'm aware that a simple explanation is "Higher leveled = Stronger", but I've never really understood the calcs on the Base Stats page, so I figured I'd ask about the exacts for myself.

From what I understand, if the parents pass a specific stat threshold, the child will receive 1 extra point in said stat. I.E., if Saizo passes a certain amount of Skill, Asugi will receive an additional +1 to his base. I believe that each parent can do this twice, leading to an overall net gain of +4 to any given stat.

Am I totally off?

I... I said that I checked the Base Stats page and just wanted some clarification if I was understanding it correctly. I even mentioned the page you linked by name.

Edited by Avalanche

That's my bad, read the post on my phone and missed the part about the base stat page. Typically people asks these things and neglect reading the site's info.

I'm not sure about the statement "leading to an overall net gain of +4 to any given stat." (you'll have to play around with several samples using that formula to see if that's ultimately) but you're right about about the parents requiring a certain threshold in a stat to grant a bonus to their kid. Ultimately though, the parents don't grant too much of a bonus to their children's base stats because of the (C/10) +2 cap so even if you were to maximize the stats of the parents, you could probably see like a +2 to +5 bonus at best depending on the kid's level. The lower the kid's level, the lower the gain from the parents become because of that cap.

Edited by Sirius

The formula is quite complex.

Let's call "C" children "base stat" before inheritance in one field, when he's is level 10 + N (here, N is always under 10, because they came unpromoted). We'll see a real example after.

C = Child's absolute base stat + ( N * child's full growths rate).

Then you calculate inheritance, "I". I = (Father's personal stats - C)/4 + (Mother's personal stats-C)/4. It can't be negative, and can't exceed (C/10) + 2. So, for every 4 points each parent's stats are higher than the children's, you had one +1 to the children's 'final' stat.

Let's take the example of a level 20 Sakura!Asugi, with magic. He has a 50% growth in magic. So, his base Mag, before inheritance and adding class bases, is 4 + (10 *50/100) = 9. If Saizo's Mag is 13, you add +1. If Saizo's Mag is 17, you add +2, etc. But you can't add more than (9/10) +2 = 2.9 rounded to 2. So even if Saizo had 21 Mag, you can't add more than +2, and Sakura's Mag would not even matter either. Usually, you won't add more than 3.

Finally you add the result and his class' base stat (0 for a Ninja) to the child's base stat, C . Asugi's Mag will be 9+2+0=11. Phew, we're done.

EDIT: Is there a formula for Offspring seals ? I can't find one on SF.

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

The formula is quite complex.

Let's call "C" children "base stat" before inheritance in one field, when he's is level 10 + N (here, N is always under 10, because they came unpromoted). We'll see a real example after.

C = Child's absolute base stat + ( N * child's full growths rate).

Then you calculate inheritance, "I". I = (Father's personal stats - C)/4 + (Mother's personal stats-C)/4. It can't be negative, and can't exceed (C/10) + 2. So, for every 4 points each parent's stats are higher than the children's, you had one +1 to the children's 'final' stat.

Let's take the example of a level 20 Sakura!Asugi, with magic. He has a 50% growth in magic. So, his base Mag, before inheritance and adding class bases, is 4 + (10 *50/100) = 9. If Saizo's Mag is 13, you had +1. If Saizo's Mag is 17, you add +2, etc. But you can't add more than (9/10) +2 = 2.9 rounded to 2. So even if Saizo had 21 Mag, you can't add more than +2, and Sakura's Mag would not even matter either. Usually, you won't add more than 3.

Finally you add the result and his class' base stat (0 for a Ninja) to the child's base stat, C . Asugi's Mag will be 9+2+0=11. Phew, we're done.

EDIT: Is there a formula for Offspring seals ? I can't find one on SF.

You know what, I think I was getting the false impression of the whole "+4 Net Gain" thing from simply misreading the inheritance stats being divided by 4. Thanks for clearing that up!

I guess my only remaining question is if the +2 to a specific stat is applicable to both parents, or simply stays at +2. For example, if both Saizo and Sakura met the requirements to pass 2 more Magic to Asugi, would his base go up by 4 or 2. Sorry if it sounds confusing, it's just the best way I could phrase it.

You know what, I think I was getting the false impression of the whole "+4 Net Gain" thing from simply misreading the inheritance stats being divided by 4. Thanks for clearing that up!

I guess my only remaining question is if the +2 to a specific stat is applicable to both parents, or simply stays at +2. For example, if both Saizo and Sakura met the requirements to pass 2 more Magic to Asugi, would his base go up by 4 or 2. Sorry if it sounds confusing, it's just the best way I could phrase it.

You're welcome.

No, it's the whole inheritence that's limited to +2 here. If Saizo adds +2, Sakura can't add nothing more.

Sorry to bump this, but I just want to make sure I'm putting this into practice properly. So let's say I'm recruiting Percy at Level 10. His absolute bases will be..

HP: 6
Str: 4
Mag: 0
Skl: 6
Spd: 6
Lck: 15
Def: 8
Res: 4

In order to increase these, I would need to have his parents Personal Stats be 4 points higher in order to gain the bonus point. So if both Arthur and Effie had a Personal Strength of 8, would Percy gain +2 to his Personal Strength base when I recruit him? I'm pretty sure that's correct, but I just want to be sure I'm getting it.

Let's see. His absolute base strength is 4. N=0 so it's his base strength before inheritance too and his class bases. You can add (4/10)+2=2 points through inheritance maximum. If Effie has 8 Personal Str (don't forget to remove her class' base strength), then (8-4)/4 =+1, same for Artur, so +1. 1+1=2 and 2<=2. So yeah, his base strength will be 6.

Then add +6 from Wyvern Rider's base strength. His real base strength is 6+6=12.