Has anybody made a 0% growth mod/hack?

FEF

I'm currently in the middle of proving a 0% growth run of Birthright Normal mode is possible. I've made it up to chapter 15 so far. It's a pretty janky setup, basically I'm playing the levels normally, then resetting before I save and repeating the map but with OP units from online castles. So I prove that the level is beatable with base-stat units, and then beat it without gaining any EXP.

The truth is it's a lot more complicated than that, there are all sorts of exceptions and workarounds. It's fun, but also kinda annoying. I'd like to work my way up to harder difficulties (my calcs suggest that the final boss of Birthright should be beatable without growths, if you can ever get there in the first place), but working out some of these kinks is a real pain. I haven't hacked my 3DS, but I bought a Japanese one for Fates that I don't believe has been updated in a while and so could probably run homebrew mods and such. I'd gladly take the time to crack it if such a mod exists.

I've been meaning to 0% growths the Fates games for months, but my attempts at hacking the game have all failed with the game failing to load and freezing after putting all the modified files together into a ROM. Would really like to play through these too.

I've been meaning to 0% growths the Fates games for months, but my attempts at hacking the game have all failed with the game failing to load and freezing after putting all the modified files together into a ROM. Would really like to play through these too.

Ahh, I see. Well, let me know if you ever manage to get it working!

On that note, though - has anybody done such a mod for Awakening?

Ahh, I see. Well, let me know if you ever manage to get it working!

On that note, though - has anybody done such a mod for Awakening?

Will do. My random reclass run is approaching the endgame and I'll want something extra challenging when that's over. Going back to 0% growths runs is a good idea.

Yes.

I'm at about chapter 11 with Anna recruited on my LTC run on Hard (the turn counts are as good as they could get), and FinalInsanity from Reddit has already finished the game on Normal also in a pretty efficient manner. LTCing Awakening is just about the most frustrating experience I've ever had playing Fire Emblem because of the unpredictable AI behaviour coupled with RNG. Need to return and finish it though, as aside from several super-tough rout maps this game is quite LTC-friendly.

Neat stuff! Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can actually use that now that I think about it, since I don't have Japanese Awakening, and my English 3DS is up-to-date. But I'll look into seeing if there's not some way to make it work, and that'll certainly keep me busy for a while.