NX Betting Pool

I don't think I have to explain that we're not really gambling

I will bet 2 brave swords, a bolt axe, and one fully trained Mozu lol

so with the NX announcement on the horizon I'd thought it would be fun to bet on what it'll be

I'm going to bet that it's NOT going to be a hybrid

It will be more like the PS4 pro rather than the og PS4

no gamepad

the controller will be more simmilar to the Wii U pro controller with analog triggers

I think that it will be revealed either Thu, or Fri or those days next week including Wed.

update https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/788900063833493504 ignore that spoiler

the trailer will be at 9am central and according to Nintendo Japan it'll be 3 miniutes long

I'm going to reserve the next space to quote those who got it right

Edited by Captain Karnage

I recall hearing that there was confirmation that it WILL be a hybrid though... But who knows if that was actually true. I'd be very surprised if it isn't, though.

But anyway, I'll just bet two things.

1. It'll be a hybrid like what I heard. :P

2. Luigi's Mansion 3 is coming as a launch title (as another rumor I saw some time ago said), partly as a nod to the original GC game that was also a launch title!

I'm just betting that second one because I REALLY want it. lol I mean, Luigi's Mansion and Zelda right off the bat? I couldn't ask for a better starting gaming duo! (well, I guess unless a Tellius remake/new game was in it, perhaps. XD)

Edited by Anacybele

I bet my current avatar and name at the NX having forced motion control gimmicks AND a VR-related perihalp AT LAUNCH.

In power, barely reaching the Ps4.

Real name? Nintendo Nexus O.O

I bet my MANY corrupted FE5 saves it was literally thought up by some Nintendo Exec going "Hmm, profits are way down, we need a new gimmick to bring in customers"

fr fr tho, I want a cartridge based console or handheld. I'm fine with a hybrid, but ONLY if Nintendo doesn't think some games NEED to be played both on the go and at home for level progression.

Along with betting video-game related items. The other thread's tone is closer to what I expect out of General Gaming. If TC wants to run a betting pool, that's fine, but that really doesn't belong in a more serious subforum.

On my Twitter account (that no one was paying attention to), I predicted that the console will be called the Nintendo Playhouse (off of Nintendo Treehouse) or Nintendo Vision. So let's see how close I am.

Among games

* That new Mario game

* More footage from Breath of the Wild

* Dragon Quest X or XI localised

* New Smash Bros.

* Pokemon MMORPG (which will never happen)

The console

* Full support of Wii and Wii U controllers and peripherals

* Backwards compatibility with Wii U

* Maybe a way to put 3/DS games on screen as well (similar to the Game Boy Player)

* I just want it to look cool and be functional

Along with betting video-game related items. The other thread's tone is closer to what I expect out of General Gaming. If TC wants to run a betting pool, that's fine, but that really doesn't belong in a more serious subforum.

No it was kind of a play on words, as in betting on what the NX will be.

Could you please move this back

-It won't be a hybrid (well that's my personal hope, anyway)

-It will use cartridges

-Metroid Prime 4, Luigi's Mansion 3, and a Super Mario will be launch titles

-More Breath of the Wild teasers

-Backwards compatible with the Wii U and support for Wii games like the Wii U has

-Very large Virtual Console, with Mother 3 being a surprise launch for it worldwide

I don't think I have to explain that we're not really gambling

I will bet 2 brave swords, a bolt axe, and one fully trained Mozu lol

so with the NX announcement on the horizon I'd thought it would be fun to bet on what it'll be

I'm going to bet that it's NOT going to be a hybrid

It will be more like the PS4 pro rather than the og PS4

no gamepad

the controller will be more simmilar to the Wii U pro controller with analog triggers

I think that it will be revealed either Thu, or Fri or those days next week including Wed.

update https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/788900063833493504 ignore that spoiler

the trailer will be at 9am central and according to Nintendo Japan it'll be 3 miniutes long

I'm going to reserve the next space to quote those who got it right

Your original post.

If I were to take this at its intent, it's a speculation post on what the NX will bring. Except that already exists here. If I take this at face value, I put it in Forum Games, because that's exactly what you're running. However, FFtF gets a lot more traffic than Forum Games, which is why it's here. I can either move this back to General Gaming, lock the topic on accounts of being a duplicate, then warn you for double-posting (because your second post has no place whatsoever in a non-spam topic), or I can move it here, and hopefully you get a more light-hearted view on what the NX will bring.

Your call.

EDIT: Forum names are hard.

Edited by eggclipse

I'll bet a Shiny Zorua that it's just going to talk about specs. No new games.

As for the hardware itself...

-Hybrid

-No Carts

-Touch Screen

* Maybe a way to put 3/DS games on screen as well (similar to the Game Boy Player)

Oh my goodness I would love that.

No more 3DS capture devices! We can do it all from the NX!

Also I'm betting on it being called the Nintendo Next. I dunno, that just sounds like something they'd do...

Maybe how the naming has been for the last while has tainted my faith in Nintendo.

Edited by TrueEm