Tellius Recollection (Vol 2) Translation / Discussion Thread

Kirokan

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Wait, so Kyza is actually kind of gay for Ranulf? That didn't seem to be the implication in the English version, so I guess that was left out...even though Heather's obvious advances towards women were left in. That's really dumb. A lesbian woman is fine, but a gay man is a no-no? Seriously?

Yeah, apparently Kyza speaks like a stereotypical gay in the Japanese. In the US it was turned into a studiousness and uptightness, like a good officer. 

His support dialogue wasn't translated quite exactly the same as his Base Conversation with Lyre, and offers a hint of his gayness.

Spoiler

C support – addressing

Type 1: ___, I hope you are faring well in these troubled times.
Type 2: Why, it’s ___! I would like to offer my services if you need them.
Type 3: Why, it’s Queen ___. Your Majesty, I am at your service if you need me.
Type 4: Duke Tanas. You look…oh, never mind. It would be rude of me to even mention it.
Type 5: Why, my lord lion king. Sir! I live to serve you.
Type 6: Why, it’s Prince Kurthnaga. On behalf of Gallia, please feel free to call on me whenever you like.
Type 7: Why, it’s Empress ___. My skills at yours to call on.
Type 8: Why, it’s General ___. Any command from you is like a command from the lion king himself!
Type 9: Why, it’s General ___. Let me know if you would like me to assist you.
Type 10: What do you know, it’s King Tibarn. I hope everything is going swimmingly.
Type 11: Why, it’s Elder ___. I hope you’re holding up, gentle sir.
Type 12: Why, it’s King Naesala. I trust all is well, sir.
Type 13: Why it’s King ___. Long time no see, young prince.
Type 14: Why it’s Prince ___. Lovely as ever, I see.
Type 15: Why it’s Princess ___. Fabulous outfit, I daresay. I hope you are holding up well.
Type 16: Why it’s Duke ___. I trust all is well, sir.
Type 17: The famous tactician! You’re looking fit. I trust your plans are working out.
Type 18: Oh…Captain ___…hello! If only we could secret away and…catch our breath! I trust all is well.

C support – addressed

Type 1: Good to see you! I hope you’re feeling as fabulous as I am.
Type 2: Hello. Good to see you’re in fighting form, even now.

The words I bolded are what I mean. As you can see, there is a lot which isn't gay. But men using "fabulous", "lovely" and what looks to me like a euphemism for sex, indicates either a heterosexual flirt like Sain, a true poetic type like Bastian (his Lucia love is apart from his poetics), or gayness. It doesn't have to be, but I think it's a fair indicator of one of these things.

Devdan/Danved might also be gay or transgender. And I agree that it's strange that Heather remained intact, but the men got tweaked.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, apparently Kyza speaks like a stereotypical gay in the Japanese. In the US it was turned into a studiousness and uptightness, like a good officer. 

His support dialogue wasn't translated quite exactly the same as his Base Conversation with Lyre, and offers a hint of his gayness.

Reveal hidden contents

C support – addressing

Type 1: ___, I hope you are faring well in these troubled times.
Type 2: Why, it’s ___! I would like to offer my services if you need them.
Type 3: Why, it’s Queen ___. Your Majesty, I am at your service if you need me.
Type 4: Duke Tanas. You look…oh, never mind. It would be rude of me to even mention it.
Type 5: Why, my lord lion king. Sir! I live to serve you.
Type 6: Why, it’s Prince Kurthnaga. On behalf of Gallia, please feel free to call on me whenever you like.
Type 7: Why, it’s Empress ___. My skills at yours to call on.
Type 8: Why, it’s General ___. Any command from you is like a command from the lion king himself!
Type 9: Why, it’s General ___. Let me know if you would like me to assist you.
Type 10: What do you know, it’s King Tibarn. I hope everything is going swimmingly.
Type 11: Why, it’s Elder ___. I hope you’re holding up, gentle sir.
Type 12: Why, it’s King Naesala. I trust all is well, sir.
Type 13: Why it’s King ___. Long time no see, young prince.
Type 14: Why it’s Prince ___. Lovely as ever, I see.
Type 15: Why it’s Princess ___. Fabulous outfit, I daresay. I hope you are holding up well.
Type 16: Why it’s Duke ___. I trust all is well, sir.
Type 17: The famous tactician! You’re looking fit. I trust your plans are working out.
Type 18: Oh…Captain ___…hello! If only we could secret away and…catch our breath! I trust all is well.

C support – addressed

Type 1: Good to see you! I hope you’re feeling as fabulous as I am.
Type 2: Hello. Good to see you’re in fighting form, even now.

The words I bolded are what I mean. As you can see, there is a lot which isn't gay. But men using "fabulous", "lovely" and what looks to me like a euphemism for sex, indicates either a heterosexual flirt like Sain, a true poetic type like Bastian (his Lucia love is apart from his poetics), or gayness. It doesn't have to be, but I think it's a fair indicator of one of these things.

Devdan/Danved might also be gay or transgender. And I agree that it's strange that Heather remained intact, but the men got tweaked.

Very strange. I can only hope that the reasons for this were not related to them possibly being gay.

Yay Naesala! RD redeemed him in my eyes. In PoR he was little more than a cartoon villain to me in terms of his writing, with no real reason for his actions other than his own selfish desires. RD fixes that and makes him a deeper, more understandable character.

Edited by Anacybele

So they made clear that the Kilvas Blood Pact had a loophole, nice to have that clarified. Though had Naesala known about Sanaki's captivity sooner or the loophole (whichever he didn't know), he could have skipped on betraying Tibarn.

Naesala might have been made a little too nice in RD (don't want to get into any sort of argument over this), overall is he quite awesome even so. Love his bad boy design (even though it's a little too modern), like his relative moral ambiguity, the contrast with Tibarn. I love his personal battle theme Wheeling Corby; playing it in my head I can see him swiftly hitting a foe, dodging the counter like it was nothing, and then I hear the cawing of a Tear proc, which I feel the force and fluidity of! 

I'm not advocating for SRW "personal battle themes for everyone!", but I did love how the three playable Laguz Kings got exclusive battle themes. It indicates them being cuts above the rest, majestic, important, and very powerful. Wouldn't mind if this was the case with a handful of PCs in each game in the future.

I like how the personal themes were handled in RD, it was appropriate for the characters that had them as they were not only powerful but important characters. It didn't feel intrusive to the gameplay. I liked how each theme matched the character's personality and circumstances, like Dheginsea's theme being imposing but with a little sad hint to it.

On 8/1/2017 at 11:58 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

So they made clear that the Kilvas Blood Pact had a loophole, nice to have that clarified. Though had Naesala known about Sanaki's captivity sooner or the loophole (whichever he didn't know), he could have skipped on betraying Tibarn.

Naesala might have been made a little too nice in RD (don't want to get into any sort of argument over this), overall is he quite awesome even so. Love his bad boy design (even though it's a little too modern), like his relative moral ambiguity, the contrast with Tibarn. I love his personal battle theme Wheeling Corby; playing it in my head I can see him swiftly hitting a foe, dodging the counter like it was nothing, and then I hear the cawing of a Tear proc, which I feel the force and fluidity of! 

I'm not advocating for SRW "personal battle themes for everyone!", but I did love how the three playable Laguz Kings got exclusive battle themes. It indicates them being cuts above the rest, majestic, important, and very powerful. Wouldn't mind if this was the case with a handful of PCs in each game in the future.

Ah was that not clarified in the English version of the game? I don't recall despite playing just last year, but if not I should look into the Japanese game text and make an article on it for the wiki/records' sake. : )

On 8/1/2017 at 10:24 PM, Anacybele said:

Yay Naesala! RD redeemed him in my eyes. In PoR he was little more than a cartoon villain to me in terms of his writing, with no real reason for his actions other than his own selfish desires. RD fixes that and makes him a deeper, more understandable character.

I found him charming in an odd way in FE9 as well, but indeed FE10 really helped him. It also helped me forgive Sephiran for leaving a bad taste in my mouth in FE9's ending. xD

Today's!

090 Soren

111 Nealuchi

So here we have Soren's lengthy profile! It reminded me of how much I liked him (and felt bad for him). I did like how it explores why he felt awkward with Skrimir suddenly being extra into him, when it talks about how he's used to laguz having totally ignored him before, and now here's the future king asking him to come sit next to him. xD

The last lines about forging his own path would be more akin to "forged his own destiny." I had already uploaded everything though so didn't change it on the sheet, but its changed on the blog post raw script... maybe I'll change it in the final edition later on.

Nealuchi's is fun with it talking about how he's not just old, but older than the other birds! Just how old is he...? Were they counting Lehran? xD

58 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

I found him charming in an odd way in FE9 as well, but indeed FE10 really helped him. It also helped me forgive Sephiran for leaving a bad taste in my mouth in FE9's ending. xD

Heh, nice! I'm glad SOMEONE agrees with me that RD helped Naesala. Other people actually say RD ruined him. :/

I think Soren is a very well written character, I just can't like him for the simple fact that I feel his attitude was taken too far even despite his backstory. His rudeness turned me off.

Wow, Nealuchi is damn old, that's for sure. I don't think they were counting Lehran though. lol This also shows that even in old age, laguz still kick ass!

2 hours ago, Kirokan said:

Ah was that not clarified in the English version of the game? I don't recall despite playing just last year, but if not I should look into the Japanese game text and make an article on it for the wiki/records' sake. : )

Actually it was, but it's easily missed since it's only brought up in the Lekain-Naesala support. And when I was looking at that boss convo, I also found that it was Sephiran who tipped Naesala off about the loophole in the Blood Pact (their boss convo makes it explicit). That's nice to know.

Thank you for Soren's profile. I did notice how he changed from PoR to RD. In PoR, Soren can be quite sharp in his language and doesn't care what others think of it because it's the truth. But Soren does cull the edge of his language in RD, he's more sensitive to the reaction of others, though he doesn't water down the contents of the message. Compare his portraits even, I think they soften his expression a little in RD (but maybe I'm reading too much into it). Soren's change is quite realistic- turning the introvert to a total extrovert after 3 years is very unreasonable, the gradual but palpable shift Soren shows is quite plausible.

The Skrimir/Laguz bit was good, and gives a more subtle take on the effects of racism. I guess it's Soren indifference towards fame, his want to avoid having Skrimir realize he's Branded, and also a dislike for Laguz stemming from his prior bad experiences. And we have a splendid more vocal contrast in Soren's near attack on Lethe and Mordecai in PoR. 

I agree with the profile that little would change if Almedha told Soren the truth of his heritage, he'd have no interest in being a king, nor the notoriety that'd come with it. If Ike were king though or Ike bade Soren to serve someone... well Soren would become one incredible minister. No charisma, no sociability, but incredibly efficient and dedicated to his job, the ideal bureaucrat in working in the shadows, just as he is as a tactician.

Would Soren take a moment to himself and reflect on his great and yet terrible parentage? Yes. Would he make a big public emotional deal of it? I don't think so. Though knowing of his origins would give him a shelter in Goldoa if he wished to take it, and were he not to leave Tellius with Ike, or choose to hang out with Stefan.

On Nealuchi- they said he was the oldest of all the three Bird Tribes? The PoR artbook put the average Heron life expectancy at 300, and Raven at 210. Nealuchi has to be one heck of an exception, or maybe its Lorazieh is younger than him (which is certainly reasonable). Had the Massacre not happened, maybe there would be birds older than him alive, maybe.

21 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Heh, nice! I'm glad SOMEONE agrees with me that RD helped Naesala. Other people actually say RD ruined him. :/

I think Soren is a very well written character, I just can't like him for the simple fact that I feel his attitude was taken too far even despite his backstory. His rudeness turned me off.

Wow, Nealuchi is damn old, that's for sure. I don't think they were counting Lehran though. lol This also shows that even in old age, laguz still kick ass!

I can see why people may feel that way. It finds a way to try to forgive Naesala's actions by blaming it on the Blood Pact rather than making him out to be a character that has selfishness as a trait. In a sense I can see why those who prefer him to have a darker side to want it to stay that way.

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually it was, but it's easily missed since it's only brought up in the Lekain-Naesala support. And when I was looking at that boss convo, I also found that it was Sephiran who tipped Naesala off about the loophole in the Blood Pact (their boss convo makes it explicit). That's nice to know.

Thank you for Soren's profile. I did notice how he changed from PoR to RD. In PoR, Soren can be quite sharp in his language and doesn't care what others think of it because it's the truth. But Soren does cull the edge of his language in RD, he's more sensitive to the reaction of others, though he doesn't water down the contents of the message. Compare his portraits even, I think they soften his expression a little in RD (but maybe I'm reading too much into it). Soren's change is quite realistic- turning the introvert to a total extrovert after 3 years is very unreasonable, the gradual but palpable shift Soren shows is quite plausible.

The Skrimir/Laguz bit was good, and gives a more subtle take on the effects of racism. I guess it's Soren indifference towards fame, his want to avoid having Skrimir realize he's Branded, and also a dislike for Laguz stemming from his prior bad experiences. And we have a splendid more vocal contrast in Soren's near attack on Lethe and Mordecai in PoR. 

I agree with the profile that little would change if Almedha told Soren the truth of his heritage, he'd have no interest in being a king, nor the notoriety that'd come with it. If Ike were king though or Ike bade Soren to serve someone... well Soren would become one incredible minister. No charisma, no sociability, but incredibly efficient and dedicated to his job, the ideal bureaucrat in working in the shadows, just as he is as a tactician.

Would Soren take a moment to himself and reflect on his great and yet terrible parentage? Yes. Would he make a big public emotional deal of it? I don't think so. Though knowing of his origins would give him a shelter in Goldoa if he wished to take it, and were he not to leave Tellius with Ike, or choose to hang out with Stefan.

On Nealuchi- they said he was the oldest of all the three Bird Tribes? The PoR artbook put the average Heron life expectancy at 300, and Raven at 210. Nealuchi has to be one heck of an exception, or maybe its Lorazieh is younger than him (which is certainly reasonable). Had the Massacre not happened, maybe there would be birds older than him alive, maybe.

I agree, his FE9 portrait looks much more "pointed" compared to his "softer" FE10 portrait. The rest of your points I agree with as well.

Yes, they say among all three... xD but it's possible that, as you said, the massacre may have cut out a lot of the elderly...

Today we have the three royal siblings of this site's namesake:

112 Reyson

113 Leanne

114 Rafiel

Just six profiles left now! Four dragons and two goddesses.

On 8/7/2017 at 5:10 AM, Zelgius said:

I have to admit, reading Soren's profile makes me feel a little sorry for Almedha.

Right? I think the important part is that she was probably content in a way knowing that her son chose his own path (and hence being proud of how he grew up) rather than being stuck in eternal longing.

Nothing too notable from the Heron trio. Rafiel stated being the most powerful of the Herons was a nice detail though. Perhaps that explains his natural 4x Vigor power? Leanne being the least experienced in Galdrar is most likely, and I guess that'd explain why she's only 2x even transformed. Reyson... he's more experienced than Leanne, but by virtue of being less Orderly is weaker when no in Heron form? (I shouldn't bother trying to come up with an explanation for a gameplay difference.)

And on the topic of Rafiel- what in the world could have possessed him? He, a fragile Heron, walked what would amounted to probably at least a week, on foot, alone, never being noticed by Beorc, all the way to the Desert of Death, while possessed. By the way, Hetzel is Duke of Asmin, an island. Either Rafiel was staying somewhere on the continent and not in Hetzel's primary estate, or he swam possessed across a channel with those heavy clothes and big broken feathery wings.

On 8/10/2017 at 3:56 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nothing too notable from the Heron trio. Rafiel stated being the most powerful of the Herons was a nice detail though. Perhaps that explains his natural 4x Vigor power? Leanne being the least experienced in Galdrar is most likely, and I guess that'd explain why she's only 2x even transformed. Reyson... he's more experienced than Leanne, but by virtue of being less Orderly is weaker when no in Heron form? (I shouldn't bother trying to come up with an explanation for a gameplay difference.)

And on the topic of Rafiel- what in the world could have possessed him? He, a fragile Heron, walked what would amounted to probably at least a week, on foot, alone, never being noticed by Beorc, all the way to the Desert of Death, while possessed. By the way, Hetzel is Duke of Asmin, an island. Either Rafiel was staying somewhere on the continent and not in Hetzel's primary estate, or he swam possessed across a channel with those heavy clothes and big broken feathery wings.

I was wondering about this part too xD I feel like, the fact he doesn't remember and such, he probably just went so crazy he ended up doing some sort of magic that caused him to teleport, much like the warp staff/the Black Knight's warp powder...

31 minutes ago, Kirokan said:

I was wondering about this part too xD I feel like, the fact he doesn't remember and such, he probably just went so crazy he ended up doing some sort of magic that caused him to teleport, much like the warp staff/the Black Knight's warp powder...

Ah the Galdrar of Warpskip! Where was that during Part 4? The three Herons combined in the atmosphere of pure Order Ashera created could have easily sent all the judgement survivors right to the heart of Sienne! Of course that'd mean no Baselard, Laguz Gems, Vague Katti, and Stefan. No Volke, no Balberith tome (possibly none of the Anima Rexes either), no Fortify, nor time for Caineghis and Giffca to make to Sienne with the Urvan, and no Goldoa battle either, so perhaps it was for the best the Herons forgot the ultimate song.

Your answer does make more sense than the alternative though.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah the Galdrar of Warpskip! Where was that during Part 4? The three Herons combined in the atmosphere of pure Order Ashera created could have easily sent all the judgement survivors right to the heart of Sienne! Of course that'd mean no Baselard, Laguz Gems, Vague Katti, and Stefan. No Volke, no Balberith tome (possibly none of the Anima Rexes either), no Fortify, nor time for Caineghis and Giffca to make to Sienne with the Urvan, and no Goldoa battle either, so perhaps it was for the best the Herons forgot the ultimate song.

Your answer does make more sense than the alternative though.

Maybe they could only warp themselves, so would be futile for the three frail birds to confront all the people in Begnion. xD

Um.
UM.
You've given me a treasure trove about my favorite Fire Emblem games. Thank you to you and the others who worked on this and the first volume!

I do have a question that has probably been answered elsewhere, however: who released these books? Nintendo? Intelligent Systems? I mostly ask because I thought Ashunera found the Zunanma rather than created them herself, but a line from the first volume says otherwise.
Really, this increases my desire to play through again.

Again, thank you. This is a real treasure.

At last, here are the final character profiles! With this complete, I just have to translate and upload the extended portraits, and this project is finally complete! Almost there!

117 Dheginsea

118 Kurthnaga

120 Ena

121 Nasir

122 Ashera

123 Yune

On 8/12/2017 at 5:29 AM, Phazon Archon said:

Um.
UM.
You've given me a treasure trove about my favorite Fire Emblem games. Thank you to you and the others who worked on this and the first volume!

I do have a question that has probably been answered elsewhere, however: who released these books? Nintendo? Intelligent Systems? I mostly ask because I thought Ashunera found the Zunanma rather than created them herself, but a line from the first volume says otherwise.
Really, this increases my desire to play through again.

Again, thank you. This is a real treasure.

Sorry about that! It never pinged this reply to me, and I was busy getting the last profile pages done. To answer your question, it is published by ambit in cooperation with Nintendo and Intelligent Systems : )

Can you point out which line in the first volume says that? I may be able to take another look at it, or perhaps it is yet another slight difference between the JP and EN versions.

Thank you once again for all your hard work Kirokan.

Of the dragons- Dheginsea was fairly good character. He was willing to accept injustice in the present moment, not because he liked it or didn't care, but because even if there was injustice now, if the alternative was a potentially goddess-awakening war of liberation from injustice, that would be far far worse. Dheg trusted that he and Lehran could presumably persuade Ashera "Well there has been some fighting, and some problems in Laguz-Beorc relations, but the Medallion never broke, so the covenant held and Yune must be allowed back into you. And now that you've returned, all those problems can taken care of in a blink of an eye."

Nasir was quite good in PoR, and his RD role had continuity with his prior one. He never came off as an old mentor figure, even though he was a senior member of Ike's group in PoR, he was more nuanced than that. I just wish we had more details on Dheg's disputes with Nasir and Almedha.

So Ena actually knew she was pregnant the whole time and just never said it? That is nice to know. If Dragon Laguz have menstrual cycles, you'd think she'd have noticed that ~20 years without a period would indicate something was up. (Then again, given the last Dragon born was Kurthnaga, so maybe it takes years for a female Dragon Laguz to go through one cycle. That or the Dragon Laguz just aren't big into reproduction.) Of course, when peace reigned in Tellius for the interlude between PoR and RD, why didn't Ena reveal it to anyone? I can understand not saying a word of it prior to the Mad King's War though- it'd be a matter of importance to the Goldoan State that Ena not leave the country to pursue her missing fiancee if Dheg or even Nasir knew she was pregnant. And this just made me realize- had the BK killed Ena in PoR like he was about to before Ike came in for the duel, he'd have killed the baby too! :o: I wonder if Rajaion could sense or if Ena whispered to him before he died that she had their child in her. 

Kurthnaga was my least favorite (well not below Gareth the playable generic or Rajaion, but below Almedha), but I didn't dislike him or anything. He was just not quite notable. He does get a point for having a double FE reference for a name.

On Ashera and Yune's profiles, I'm confused. When you wrote Yune "had an innocent, but devastating, emotional outburst with her divine power, leading to many losing their lives." do you mean the Great Flood? I my mind, I thought Ashunera was one person, whose frustrations at being unable end Laguz-Beorc struggles lead her to cry out for the Great Flood, and thus at that moment split physically in two. But the paragraph from Yune's profile I just excerpted, seems to say the formal split came first if the Great Flood is what it describes. Or is referring to the aftermath of the Great Flood- the newly born Ashera going around aiding Flood victims, while Yune is ignored and then has an outburst other than the Great Flood? I assume this outburst (a mass-berserking?) would be the thing which led to the need for Ashera to war with Yune and assemble her Three Heroes and Lehran. The Ashera profile doesn't make things any clearer.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On Ashera and Yune's profiles, I'm confused. When you wrote Yune "had an innocent, but devastating, emotional outburst with her divine power, leading to many losing their lives." do you mean the Great Flood? I my mind, I thought Ashunera was one person, whose frustrations at being unable end Laguz-Beorc struggles lead her to cry out for the Great Flood, and thus at that moment split physically in two. But the paragraph from Yune's profile I just excerpted, seems to say the formal split came first if the Great Flood is what it describes. Or is referring to the aftermath of the Great Flood- the newly born Ashera going around aiding Flood victims, while Yune is ignored and then has an outburst other than the Great Flood? I assume this outburst (a mass-berserking?) would be the thing which led to the need for Ashera to war with Yune and assemble her Three Heroes and Lehran. The Ashera profile doesn't make things any clearer.

I believe they meant the Great Flood, and what they are trying to express is how Ashunera split herself in two, with Yune being blamed for the side that acted that way. They are portraying it as Yune doing it, even if it was Ashunera who was doing it due to that compartmentalization : ) One side gives it from the perspective of just being Ashunera, the other gives it as if Ashera and Yune already existed within her (before her split) and portrayed as if it was those two arguing/one ignoring the other to express her mental state.

I hope that makes sense!

15 hours ago, Kirokan said:

Can you point out which line in the first volume says that? I may be able to take another look at it, or perhaps it is yet another slight difference between the JP and EN versions.

It's the first line under Lifespans in the first volume, found here.

After playing through the English endgame again, Yune indeed mentioned the Zunanma were the only things she and Ashera did not create. I suspect this is simply a version difference.

10 hours ago, Kirokan said:

I hope that makes sense!

Yeah I can see what you're saying now. The identity split happens internally to the point where it is formal and not just haphazard, and Yune is sealed within the body of Ashunera by Ashera who controls it. The warring between Laguz and Beorc continues with Ashera trying to amend it. Yune then revolts and the Great Flood and subsequent chaos and the body split happens.

Though I still can't see why the Three Heroes were needed, just who were they fighting? The one CG we get of them shows them fighting someone. My guesses are: one Yune accidentally berserked hordes of people. Or two, they fought to vanquish the Laguz-Beorc warring that continued after the Flood (which seems reasonable and would lay the foundation for the creation of Begnion and Goldoa), and during this captured Yune, who understandably may have wanted to flee from being captured by Ashera given what Ashera had done with her earlier.

We still have no idea where the BK's armor came from given Yune suggests in the Tower she didn't come up with the idea of blessing equipment, and yet the fact she must rebless the Ragnell indicates that it's blessing of Order is harmless against a blessing of Order. So either the BK and Ashy armor have neutral blessings (Sephiran could have blessed the armor then- he is the greatest mage in Tellius), or Yune accidentally blessed armor when she revolted. Or PoR and RD are in contradiction here- writers don't always make perfect continuity between their works. 

18 minutes ago, Phazon Archon said:

After playing through the English endgame again, Yune indeed mentioned the Zunanma were the only things she and Ashera did not create. I suspect this is simply a version difference.

And yet I see a line of possible contradiction in the English version too. From the start of 4-F-4:

Ashera:
“I cannot believe you [addressing the Three Heroes and Lehran]. You are living creatures created in our image. [Emphasis mine]

So either the Zunanma were created independently of Ashunera, and when she saw them she thought they must have been created by nature in line with her form, or she created them based on what she herself was like.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah I can see what you're saying now. The identity split happens internally to the point where it is formal and not just haphazard, and Yune is sealed within the body of Ashunera by Ashera who controls it. The warring between Laguz and Beorc continues with Ashera trying to amend it. Yune then revolts and the Great Flood and subsequent chaos and the body split happens.

Though I still can't see why the Three Heroes were needed, just who were they fighting? The one CG we get of them shows them fighting someone. My guesses are: one Yune accidentally berserked hordes of people. Or two, they fought to vanquish the Laguz-Beorc warring that continued after the Flood (which seems reasonable and would lay the foundation for the creation of Begnion and Goldoa), and during this captured Yune, who understandably may have wanted to flee from being captured by Ashera given what Ashera had done with her earlier.

We still have no idea where the BK's armor came from given Yune suggests in the Tower she didn't come up with the idea of blessing equipment, and yet the fact she must rebless the Ragnell indicates that it's blessing of Order is harmless against a blessing of Order. So either the BK and Ashy armor have neutral blessings (Sephiran could have blessed the armor then- he is the greatest mage in Tellius), or Yune accidentally blessed armor when she revolted. Or PoR and RD are in contradiction here- writers don't always make perfect continuity between their works.

Yune, being emotionally unstable, probably had an emotional outburst sent the world into chaos (berserking as you said) even if her intentions were pure, which is why the Three Heroes were needed.

I feel like Sephiran having to do with that armor is the most possible thing, considering their relationship and his travels to Daein and the like. He's also the "Black Heron" so would be fitting to have a "Black Knight" at his side. But that's just speculation, and could just be a story loophole!

I feel like the "our image" probably meant "the way we wanted" rather than 'the way we are," but I'll check the Japanese for that (due to Zunanma and whatever came before them probably being more animal like...) See below!

6 hours ago, Phazon Archon said:

It's the first line under Lifespans in the first volume, found here.

When checking the English script:

Yune:
“In the very beginning of this world… there was only water, until one day a girl appeared. The girl was very clever, and she forged the first land…then she made trees and flowers, and then she created beings.”

Tibarn:
“The story of the grand creation? Heard it. Wake me when it’s over.”

Ike:
“The girl was you, right, Yune? Or are you talking about Ashera?”

Yune:
“Both, really…and neither, actually. At first, the girl was excited by her new world, and she thought of little else. Then she started feeling lonely. Everyone, every being she’d created, was different from her. Not a single person that could truly understand her. All alone, she grew sadder and sadder, crying for thousands of years. Then some creatures began to grow and change, becoming more clever and sophisticated. They tried to comfort the girl and eventually grew closer to her… That was the birth of the Zunanma. They were your ancestors…beorc, laguz, everyone.”

So the Goddess likely created what came before them, but their evolution was out of their control, which is a point the book makes too (the final lines about how people showed the potential to grow and change beyond what the gods could have imagined). : ) So I think that may be the same between versions.

Though if there is a line where she says they did not create them directly I can check the Japanese for you, but the above hints more toward the evolution thing!