Map tile issues

Galap

I've been having some problems with getting certain map tiles to display correctly from a map made with mappy. I've not been having problems on my previous maps (which used a different tileset)

The map is supposed to look like this:

NHt9ElG.png

but it ends up like this:

JDdgOTu.png

I double checked the tileset that I'm putting into the nightmare chapter data editor, and it's correct. Anyone know what's going on?

EDIT: I'm trying to get around this problem and the one i posted in the event assembler thread by using Tiled. But I keep getting the error "Tilechange without ID. No Data written to the ROM". I think it's because the layers are supposed to have this property called ID, but I don't see that. My program looks a little different than the ones in screenshots in tutorials. Does TiledMapInserter not work with newer versions of Tiled?

Edited by Galap

I resolved the issues with Tiled (needed to give the main layer the property "main"). Inserted the new map, but the problem persists.

Inserting it (along with the events and tile changes) to the prologue chapter of a clean rom does not cause the problem.

Edited by Galap

I find it pretty suspicious that the map and events work in a clean ROM, but not the project ROM. Sounds like something may have gotten overwritten along the way.

Shot in the dark: Do you have duplicated entries for Object Set 1 and 2 in the Chapter Data editor?

New discovery: inserting it to chapter 3 (the chapter it's supposed to be) of a clean rom DOES cause the problem. EDIT: actually nevermind that rom was a backup but not clean. let me test putting it to ch 3 of a clean rom.

Object set 1 is plains&castle and object set 2 is none.

Edited by Galap

OK, yes inserting it to chapter 3 of a clean rom does not cause the problem either. something must have gotten messed up at some point, I guess.

Damn it now I have to put all my palette edits and stuff back in (I noticed the problem and then after I couldn't initially solve it I was like 'ok I'll deal with that later' and did some palette stuff).

I think I know what the problem was, too.

TODAY'S LESSON: don't insert event data at the same offset as a previous version of it if the earlier one is longer than it, even if you use 'end guards'. The game will try to execute whatever is in the abandoned hanging tail and most likely bug out or crash.

Edited by Galap