FE4: Binary, in English... ?

CappnRob

So I was browsing the google when I came across this image:

FE4_pairings.png

It gave me a giggle, but something also caught my eye - Arthur's damage is wrong. At 20 magic, he should be packing 50 damage with Forsetti, not 45. All divine weapons do 30 damage base in vanilla FE4.... but in Binary, that damage is dropped to 25. So.... is this an english patch of Binary I never knew about? DOes anyone know anything about this? I always wanted to give Binary a whirl but can't be assed to remember what the commands are in moonspeak.

I should add that Sety has Resire there, which he cannot use in the vanilla game since Sages have B Light and Resire needs A Light. Someone's messing with their hacks/cheats. And I'm pretty sure it isn't Binary. There's not much in the way of English patches, the only one I know of is at http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=22563. Maybe the screens were taken from that.

Edited by Darrman

Those screenshots are not from binary. (or at least from an earlier version than the one that was LP'd here: http://lparchive.org/Fire-Emblem-4-Binary/Update%2009/ ) Binary updates the sprites of many of the weapons to use their fe5 sprites. This includes the fortify staff, which looks nothing like the the vanilla fe4 sprite used in that screen shot. It's more likely that the screenshots were taken using the lightly hacked versions of the pretranslted rom that float around the internet. I have heard people complain that they had a hard time finding an unhacked rom, so someone using the wrong rom on accident seems likely.

Edited by sirmola