Halo VS Metroid

torifae

It is an adventure game, just like the other Metroid games except Pinball and Hunters. Anyone with half a brain knew that, yet you and Fox keep insisting otherwise.

It's not solely an FPS, I know that, but the element is there. You're being over-specific on genres.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you guys making things so difficult? I've already refuted that Metroid isn't a shooting game. Do you shoot in this game? Yes. So if Metroid should be classified as a adventure game then Halo should be a adventure game as well because you get to travel and all that other stuff like Metroid do. In "space-time theme".

Why are you guys making things so difficult? I've already refuted that Metroid isn't a shooting game. Do you shoot in this game? Yes. So if Metroid should be classified as a adventure game then Halo should be a adventure game as well because you get to travel and all that other stuff like Metroid do. In "space-time theme".

Some people want to be over-specific. Doesn't this work for you?

I'd say it as a First-person adventure/shooter but yes, that's pretty much it.

?_?...did you even pay attention to what Red Fox of Fire even said?

If you and Fox think classification (or anything in general) is simple, then you're both simple-minded.

I'm through for now. You two can keep naively believing that Metroid is a shooter all you want to, but don't cry to me if you get flamed/insulted by anyone who says and proves you wrong.

boy you are the only one that's denying the fact that metroid is a shooting game and no halo wouldn't be an adventure game since you don't have to look around for anything specific unlike in metroid you can go back to places you have already been to, halo you can't just go back and forward as you please. that's the difference between an adventure/FPS and an FPS

If you and Fox think classification (or anything in general) is simple, then you're both simple-minded.

I'm through for now. You two can keep naively believing that Metroid is a shooter all you want to, but don't cry to me if you get flamed/insulted by anyone who says and proves you wrong.

For the love of God, man. Do you not shoot in Metroid Prime? Maybe in super-specific terms it isn't a shooter, but don't you wonder why movies are always classified under many different genres? Because genres combine.

For the love of God, man. Do you not shoot in Metroid Prime? Maybe in super-specific terms it isn't a shooter, but don't you wonder why movies are always classified under many different genres? Because genres combine.

Genres are not supposed to combine, otherwise, there can and will be some outrageous results. They are supposed to be one or the other.

Is Halo an FPS?

Look at these:

Halo's GameFAQs page

Metroid Prime's GameFAQs page

They have the exact same genre classification.

Genre: First-Person > Action > Shooter > Sci-Fi
Genres are not supposed to combine, otherwise, there can and will be some outrageous results. They are supposed to be one or the other.

Not to mention, that's one of the most outrageous things I've ever heard.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Is Halo an FPS?

Look at these:

Halo's GameFAQs page

Metroid Prime's GameFAQs page

They have the exact same genre classification.

Not to mention, that's one of the most outrageous things I've ever heard.

lol GameFAQs [/joke post]

For the record, Halo has more FPS elements than any other one. Therefore, it's an FPS game. Metroid games (except Pinball and Hunters) have more adventure elements than any other ones, making them adventure games. Is that too hard for you to grasp?

And just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's outrageous.

lol GameFAQs [/joke post]

For the record, Halo has more FPS elements than any other one. Therefore, it's an FPS game. Metroid games (except Pinball and Hunters) have more adventure elements than any other ones, making them adventure games. Is that too hard for you to grasp?

And just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's outrageous.

The only lol about GameFAQs is their boards. Everything else is good, accurate info.

The element of shooting is still there. You can't deny that. Sure, it's more adventure than shooter, but you still shoot, so it can be classified as part shooter. Is that too hard for you to grasp?

So you're calling me stupid, now? How nice of you.

AND NOT TO MENTION HALO IS ADVENTUROUS ALMOST AS MUCH AS METROID BUT METROID HAS MORE. WHICH MAKES IT EVEN MORE BETTER THAN HALO COULD EVER AFFORD. THEREFORE THEY'RE PERFECTLY COMPARABLE. I'LL SAY THIS ONCE AND FOR THE LAST TIME. THEY'RE BOTH SHOOTING GAMES, THEY'RE BOTH FIRST PERSON GAME, THE CHARACTER'S IN EACH OF THEIR GAME'S HAVE SUIT'S ENABLING THEM TO SHOOT DOWN STUFF YOU SEE ON YOUR TV, AND THEY'RE BOTH SET IN A "SPACE-TIME" THEME. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLS. JUST BECAUSE YOU IGNORE OUR VALID POINTS, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT METROID ISN'T A SHOOTING GAME. THIS DEBATE IS A JOKE BEYOND ALL HOPE FOR HUMANITY.

Edited by Gulcasa

Actually, I think the argument is that Metroid somehow doesn't deserve the label of FPS.

Which is silly, because there do exist unique fps'es like STALKER and the like