If FE7 was it's own anime series.

torifae

• 1 month later...
Uwe Boll should make it.

This. JK

I think he means that 4kids would likely end up dubbing it and therefor ruining it regardless of how good it may have been.

Yeah...4Kids....the reason anime should NEVER come to america.

Also, for the pairings, EliXNinian LynXHector.

There was a LORD OF THE RINGS CARTOON?! Oh well, it had to be better than the Zelda cartoon...

Excuuuuse me, princess!

The other problem with it is that it's obscenely long, and the Balrog fight is not only copped out of completely but the Balrog is nowhere near as epic as in the live action trilogy by Peter Jackson. Thankfully, Benzai of ThatGuywiththeGlasses.com compiled the top five WTF moments in the LotR cartoon right here. Watch it, and be prepared to laugh at it. At least the incidental music was tolerable.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Gandalf also kind of looks like Santa as well, except with a gray cloak.

As for an FE7 anime itself, I would definitely watch if the voice talents were okay, but I wouldn't be consistent with it. Let's hope that if they do do one, that at least we get Funimation to do the dub (since they pretty much fixed One Piece after what 4Kids did with it).

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

And yes, there was a Lord Of The Rings cartoon, if you remember well, back in 2004 they gave the cartoon movie on Cartoon Network(United States).

And the Zelda cartoon wasn't that bad I guess.

Right, like when they'd hit someone with a sword they would just l ike throw them a few feat or just fall in the floor instead of cutting them, and there is blood in Fire Emblem(They only mention it, not show it), in the chapter that chapter with that you're in the boat Lyndis mentions "There's alot of blood" to Ninian.

It'd fail.

And because it would be made by Nintendo, it would be double fail.

Wait, what's the first way it would fail? Just because it is what it is it fails?

And because any actual fighting would probably be censored, it'd be triple fail.

Uh, they have Adult Swim for a reason, you know. How do you think they managed to get away with localizing the Inuyasha anime? (Note: Blood appears at 7:50 or so.)

Fire Emblem isn't exactly a TV kind of thing.

Then by that token, Braveheart isn't a movie kind of thing.

Edited by Herr Wozzeck

Uwe Boll should make it.

Uwe Boll hasn't made anything that shouldn't be burned in a bonfire since Postal. He's horribe.

Anyways, if the Anime is ever made, I sure hope IG or Gonzo produce it. They always release top-notch anime. As for the dubbing company, while Funimation is getting better, they still censor most of thier stuff. I'd prefer Viz, Manga, or ADV to get it. And yes, I just endorsed ADV, especially since their Zone of the Enders dubs were actually better than the original subs, both in scripting and Voice Acting.

That wasn't too bad I think...better than Lord of the Rings cartoon version anyway.

I own that version! Saw it when I was like 12 I'd say. Watched it before the live action one because my parents thought I wasn't ready for it. Thinking back, isn't it funny that Borimir gets owned by at least six arrows!?

Hey, the anime didn't look that bad to me. I remember financial problems being the only reason why it didn't continue on.

Really? I thought for sure it stopped because the producers realized that they'd have to kill someone off to make it like FE. But the problem with that is that it would displease fans of that character and they'd get hate mail. If they let all characters live, then they'd still get hate mail because people would ask "Yo! How come no one dies?" It's a no win situation for the producers there.

When it comes to another FE anime, the first was really cool I'd say, but I'm curious to see if after about ten years of anime the fanbase would grow exponentially like Pokemon's because of their anime. My fear with this is that, there's also the possibility of it being dumbed down like Pokemon's anime after its first series.

However, it's not as likely to happen that way because FE is a violent and dark series as it is. I'd support another anime.

Edited by Yourgranny

Yeah, actually, it kinda is...

Oh, by the way, I looked up the reason why the original Fire Emblem anime failed. Apparently, there was a severe lack of advertising for she show, so no one tuned in to watch it the two episodes it aired. Coupled with the fact that many of those who did watch it dismissed it as a Record of Lodoss War clone, it's understandable why it went under. The series was mismanaged, and because of that it died quickly.

Also, doesn't Uwe Boll generally stay away from directing animated endeavors?
He hasn't directed anything animated yet, thank God. He does have an anime counterpart though, known for his roll in directing the Gundam SEED series: Fukuda.

I can't remember his first name for the life of me...