Disney entering another Golden Age?

Tactician Robin

I'm gonna back up Fire Emblem Fan here.

What about Disney movies like Bambi and Dumbo? Those stories aren't based on any outside source material (at least as far as I know) but are still fondly remembered. They were stories with animals that have morals to teach (Bambi dealing with coming of age and accepting loss and Dumbo dealing with accepting otherness). Zootopia is in the same vein: a moral story being taught through the animal kingdom. A modern day fable as it were.

I know Bambi was based on a book, not sure about Dumbo.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still don't get my point because you didn't actually respond to the idea that these are stories that are retold over thousands of years rather than a few thousand days. The closest you came to even contesting that point was Sherlock Holmes and that's barely a hundred years old. Compare it to St. George and the Dragon (nearly 900 years). But whatever.

​I will say this, though. Thanks for admitting that not being tribalistic is an ideology.

Okay, you know what? I was trying to have a civil discussion, but since you seem insistent on being a condescending little prick (I mean, seriously: "I find it disingenuous" "But whatever" "Thanks for admitting that" can you be anymore of a condescending prick?), fine. And if I get a warning for this, then so be it, but I'm not gonna sit here and let you talk down to me like that.

Get the fuck off your damn high horse, you pompous ass. I get your point. I understand it. You've made it perfectly clear multiple times. Maybe if you got off your disgustingly arrogant and condescending horse and actually read my responses, then maybe you could actually see that everything I've said was in response to the idea, and maybe you could wrap your tiny little mind around WHY Sherlock Holmes was my point of reference. We're gonna have to agree to disagree, because you're on a very high horse, and it's clear you're not getting down.

And for the record, I didn't "admit" anything. Maybe if you actually read my post, you'd see exactly what that was in response to.

I'm gonna back up Fire Emblem Fan here.

What about Disney movies like Bambi and Dumbo? Those stories aren't based on any outside source material (at least as far as I know) but are still fondly remembered. They were stories with animals that have morals to teach (Bambi dealing with coming of age and accepting loss and Dumbo dealing with accepting otherness). Zootopia is in the same vein: a moral story being taught through the animal kingdom. A modern day fable as it were.

I know Bambi was based on a book, not sure about Dumbo.

Dumbo was based on a story written by Helen Aberson and illustrated by Harold Pearl for the prototype of the novelty toy "Roll-a-Book."