Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't either, it's just what I would prefer and think is proper. Ike and Elincia are main characters in both games. Micaiah can only represent RD. So with Ike + Elincia, you get double representation of Tellius right away. This wouldn't be the case if it's Ike + Micaiah. For better representation of both to start off, Ike and Elincia together would be best. Micaiah can be a third member of that focus though, who knows? The fourth might be Sothe or Soren in that case.

I'd love to see Soren, as he's my favorite Tellius character, but I'm not sure if he's main enough to get in.  Maybe we'll have a PoR Focus of Ike, Soren, Titania, and Elincia.  I wouldn't mind getting any one of them.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'd love to see Soren, as he's my favorite Tellius character, but I'm not sure if he's main enough to get in.  Maybe we'll have a PoR Focus of Ike, Soren, Titania, and Elincia.  I wouldn't mind getting any one of them.

I hate Soren, so I'd rather him not be there yet, personally. I can see why he's liked, he is written pretty well, but he's such a dick. It's understandable why he's like that, but I think his dickishness was overdone.

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't either, it's just what I would prefer and think is proper. Ike and Elincia are main characters in both games. Micaiah can only represent RD. So with Ike + Elincia, you get double representation of Tellius right away. This wouldn't be the case if it's Ike + Micaiah. For better representation of both to start off, Ike and Elincia together would be best. Micaiah can be a third member of that focus though, who knows? The fourth might be Sothe or Soren in that case.

The two characters they picked to represent Elibe in the first Focus round were Lyn and Roy. Being involved in multiple games is not a requirement: they just picked the most iconic main male and female characters from the continent as a whole. For Tellius, that's Ike and Micaiah.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

The two characters they picked to represent Elibe in the first Focus round were Lyn and Roy. Being involved in multiple games is not a requirement: they just picked the most iconic main male and female characters from the continent as a whole. For Tellius, that's Ike and Micaiah.

Then my argument still stands. Elincia is more iconic because she's in both games and has a trophy in Smash as well as Awakening DLC. Micaiah only has one of these three things.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Then my argument still stands. Elincia is more iconic because she's in both games and has a trophy in Smash as well as Awakening DLC. Micaiah only has one of these three things.

You're making up arbitrary criteria. Micaiah is the main character of Radiant Dawn.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

You're making up arbitrary criteria. Micaiah is the main character of Radiant Dawn.

lolwut? I'm not making up anything. Elincia IS in both games as a main character, she DOES have a Smash trophy, and she DOES have Awakening DLC. Look it up. And Micaiah is A main character of RD, not the only one. Ike and Elincia are main characters as well, though admittedly, Elincia holds less spotlight.

Elincia may sadly not be as popular as the other two, but popularity alone doesn't mean you're iconic. Marth has four games and status as the first ever lord, Ike has two games, a lot of western exposure, and Smash, Roy has Melee debut and some popularity in Japan as well as Smash in general. Their popularity is a bonus, though a big one in the cases of some of these characters.

Unfortunately, I can definitely see the first Tellius focus being PoR Ike and Micaiah, even though I don't think that's how it should be.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

man

Ayra's probably not gonna be any time soon but

if I draw all 4 poses for her and send it to NoA and tell them they can use it for free will I have a shot of them taking it

I do wonder what the next focus will be, though.

That's a thought.  I could send in some of my horrible artwork and then it will take focus off the other "bad" artwork in the game like Ogma's muscles or Eliwood's eyes.

It would also get me Titania early.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

man

if I draw all 4 poses for her and send it to NoA and tell them they can use it for free will I have a shot of them taking it

Lol. That is a brilliant idea, and, although I doubt it would work, Ayra coming early would certainly be welcome. It would also be interesting to see how they implement astra if they let her keep it. 

Just now, immatx said:

Lol. That is a brilliant idea, and, although I doubt it would work, Ayra coming early would certainly be welcome. It would also be interesting to see how they implement astra if they let her keep it. 

I'm no Senri Kita but I think I'm at least better than whoever drew Catria, maybe (okay granted I just really don't like Catria's art, girl deserves better)

Astra is in the game already (Lyn, Ryoma, Anna, and Virion has it, maybe someone else but I don't remember), but maybe they'd give her a different version as the OG Astra user? I just hope her implementation differentiates her enough from Lyn.

8 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I'm no Senri Kita but I think I'm at least better than whoever drew Catria, maybe (okay granted I just really don't like Catria's art, girl deserves better)

Astra is in the game already (Lyn, Ryoma, Anna, and Virion has it, maybe someone else but I don't remember), but maybe they'd give her a different version as the OG Astra user? I just hope her implementation differentiates her enough from Lyn.

Whaaaaat? I didn't even notice. Anna a Virion having astra is ruining the tradition. +150% to attack makes sense though. 

Looking at her right now (currently doing a fe4 play through), id assume she'd end up similar to lucina, but with higher spd and lower atk. Her skill stat is pretty insane but idk how that would translate. If she had astra and nihil as a slot A that would be crazy good XD

Just now, immatx said:

Whaaaaat? I didn't even notice. Anna a Virion having astra is ruining the tradition. +150% to attack makes sense though. 

Looking at her right now (currently doing a fe4 play through), id assume she'd end up similar to lucina, but with higher spd and lower atk. Her skill stat is pretty insane but idk how that would translate. If she had astra and nihil as a slot A that would be crazy good XD

Oh yeah, Cordelia has it too. Apparently Astra is the prereq to Galeforce or something. 

Oooh, Nihil, I forgot about that but that'd certainly be interesting. Pavise? Nope, breaking right through that. Vengeance? Haha nope. Would be great. 

Maybe Adept/Continue too, since that's a Fe4SM thing. Slot A seems to be more of an offensive skill while Slot B seems to be more defensive (in general), so something like Continue/Nihil would work for A/B, maybe.

If we get a Tellius focus, I'll like it to be Ike (Red Sword), Micaiah (Blue Tome), Soren (Green Tome) and Sothe (Colorless). You get four popular, important characters and one of each color.

7 hours to the next focus!

EDIT: Huh, I just noticed that both focuses are ending tonight, so we should be getting two new ones.

Edited by Jave

48 minutes ago, Jave said:

If we get a Tellius focus, I'll like it to be Ike (Red Sword), Micaiah (Blue Tome), Soren (Green Tome) and Sothe (Colorless). You get four popular, important characters and one of each color.

7 hours to the next focus!

EDIT: Huh, I just noticed that both focuses are ending tonight, so we should be getting two new ones.

We might just get one, considering we only had the Family Bonds one at first, this cycle.

I would love to get the first 3.  I'm neutral on Sothe, but I don't dislike him.  Is Sothe all that popular?  I guess he might fit the green haired boy criteria of @eclipse or @Glaceon Mage, but I've not seen either of them mention him before.

@Thane I just realized that Heroes has better world building than Fates, insomuch that this World is called Zenith, and Fates' world has no name.

Edited by Rezzy

I'm super, super hopeful for Tellius. I'm not a big fan of Micaiah at all, but I do love Soren, Sothe, and Elincia alongside all of the bird tribe laguz! Since we haven't heard anything about what the next upcoming focus is, my fingers are crossed for any one of these guys. :'D

28 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would love to get the first 3.  I'm neutral on Sothe, but I don't dislike him.  Is Sothe all that popular?  I guess he might fit the green haired boy criteria of @eclipse or @Glaceon Mage, but I've not seen either of them mention him before.

Well, he barely made it to the Top 100 in the popularity Heroes poll, at #97. Also, combining PoR and RD versions, he's the overall 7th most popular Tellius character (After Ike, Micaiah, Mia, Nephenee, Soren and the Burger King).

I just realized that Heroes has better world building than Fates, insomuch that this World is called Zenith, and Fates' world has no name.

Now that you mention it, Fates really never had a name for the entire continent, only the individual kingdoms. That's funny.

I'm interested in Laguz and other non-Manakete shapeshifters coming to Heroes. I wonder if weapons super effective against mounted units, like F!Robin's tome, will become super effective against shapeshifters as well? Or will they add new Beastkiller weapons?

Almost got 5* Sharena to Level 40. She is getting rather ridiculous. On the turns she's not supporting, she wrecks house.

We might just get one, considering we only had the Family Bonds one at first, this cycle.

@Thane I just realized that Heroes has better world building than Fates, insomuch that this World is called Zenith, and Fates' world has no name.

Don't really care much for Sothe in RD, he's really clingy tbh.

PoR Sothe's alright, I guess, never thought much of him there besides using him over Volke because I'm stingy.

I'd rather see Elincia than Sothe tbh.  Particularly since she's so useful in this FE8 green hair hack like goddamn healer on Pegasus as a Jagen settle down game.

2 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

man

Well, you'd technically be sending it to the wrong folks, since NoA doesn't decide who gets in.

11 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Now that you mention it, Fates really never had a name for the entire continent, only the individual kingdoms. That's funny.

I'm interested in Laguz and other non-Manakete shapeshifters coming to Heroes. I wonder if weapons super effective against mounted units, like F!Robin's tome, will become super effective against shapeshifters as well? Or will they add new Beastkiller weapons?

Almost got 5* Sharena to Level 40. She is getting rather ridiculous. On the turns she's not supporting, she wrecks house.

I could see the Cavalry weapons working against beast laguz, bows working against bird laguz, and dragons working like manaketes.  That would keep them from having to add new weapons.

In the contrary I think they'll expand Genealogy and Sacred Stones. We might get new chapters by mid march or something along the lines, with new batches of characters. However, at this point I don't know what to expect on new updates. We're getting the skill inheritance mechanic, though.

= EDIT =

Speaking of weapons, we don't have magic effective against armors.

Edited by Quintessence
Extra comments

49 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I just realized that Heroes has better world building than Fates, insomuch that this World is called Zenith, and Fates' world has no name.

For what it's worth, Zenith was invented by the localization. It's called "Shiten" (至天) in the Japanese version, which according to my sources roughly means "Reaching Heaven" or "Highest Sky" (the prologue is called "World of the Highest Sky" [至天の世界], which is arguably more of a description than an actual name). "Zenith" means "a highest point or state" either literally or figuratively, so you can see where the localizers got it from.

Edited by Lightchao42

15 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Well, you'd technically be sending it to the wrong folks, since NoA doesn't decide who gets in.

yeah but NoA could talk to NoJ, I mean I don't speak Japanese

I could ask Rey to send something to NoJ for me instead tho

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

For what it's worth, Zenith was invented by the localization. It's called "Shiten" (至天) in the Japanese version, which according to my sources roughly means "Reaching Heaven" or "Highest Sky" (the prologue is called "World of the Highest Sky" [至天の世界], which is arguably more of a description than an actual name). "Zenith" means "a highest point or state" either literally or figuratively, so you can see where the localizers got it from.

Yeah, Zenith is a bit of a generic word to use, but I think it's probably good they went with that over Shiten, since that sounds like shit, which isn't something you want people to associate your game with.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Sothe's only redeeming quality is his hair color.  He's competing with the likes of Stefan, so yeah. . .