Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Hatred is irrational and generally not fine. She's literally ten and in position of power in the first game, and thirteen and much more mature in the second.

Her brattiness in the first game might actually be an act (bad pun not intended).

I reserve my hate for fictional characters, which I think is fine.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, Rezzy said:

I reserve my hate for fictional characters, which I think is fine.

I mean, I hated Serra at first but she just started sticking to me. Just let her grow on you yknow? You already Jinxed yourself by saying you hate her so you are probably gonna get her, better get used to it somehow!

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Hatred is never fine.

I use hatred hyperbolically, like how I hate onions.  It's not consuming me at night or anything.  It's mostly tongue-in-cheek.

14 minutes ago, unique said:

i like sanaki because she always seemed like the only competent politician in any of these games

Why bother with politics when you can just fight them with your "army" (as in more of a small collection of often quirky, often super, soldiers) and to hell with the consequences. More applicable for some games/leader characters than others of course.  

To the general topic at hand. Ah the joys of not really hating any characters. I cap out at moderate dislike (and that isn't necessarily their whole character) and apathy for characters here. Hate is a strong word to me even in a fictonal context. 

Edited by goodperson707

If I got a character I hated a lot (which is rare, as I tend to have a high tolerance for character personalities), all I'd do is silently send 'em home. It's not like I'm risking sickness by risking obtaining someone I don't want, so I'm not gonna weep in agony if I get someone I hate. :P

To hate or not to hate!

Speaking about it, a lot of characters have grown on me that I was indifferent to, maybe the art, their poses, their lines or gameplay. There might be a lot of reasons altogether. For instance, Robin was the first unit to grow on me. I hated him a lot because of being a bad avatar (awakening didn't help either), I was like ehh. But as soon as I got him in Heroes I absolutely like him a lot, Smash also helped a bit.

Next is Catria because I like her VAing, she's good at killing stuff and threaten atk helped me a lot. Same with Palla, although I didn't find her usefulness to equal Catria's.

Then came Lon'qu, his art is cool and proc'ing Glimmer is awesome to me. In awakening I found him pretty boring and his potential as a unit was kinda limited with his class and skill pool.

On the bad side there's Serra. I loved her since I got that FE7 poster somewhere (dunno if Club Nintendo magazine or just got it on ebgames or gamestop), but her art here is horrible, at least not my tastes. And her annoying personality was deepen with her VA. Good job I guess.

And the list might continue.

On a more serious note, Klein is absolutely ridiculous with Olivia. He one rounds even knights that it's not fun. Hone, atk, dance, atk. That's 2 units dead in a turn. His enemy phase is tricky because he can be one rounded as well, specially by ninjas, archers or any fast melee unit but he can be a good mage killer as well, just in the case he procs Quick Riposte and one rounds the mage in return. Gonna troll at the arena tomorrow with him, Olivia, Lyn and Effie.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm really impressed at how both the Japanese and English voices of Serra managed to make her ten times more annoying than her text already implies. Good stuff to both of them.

They clearly saw Matthew's Nightmare.

11 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

On a more serious note, Klein is absolutely ridiculous with Olivia. He one rounds even knights that it's not fun. Hone, atk, dance, atk. That's 2 units dead in a turn. His enemy phase is tricky because he can be one rounded as well, specially by ninjas, archers or any fast melee unit but he can be a good mage killer as well, just in the case he procs Quick Riposte and one rounds the mage in return. Gonna troll at the arena tomorrow with him, Olivia, Lyn and Effie.

Ew, I'll look for your name and make sure I avoid you at all costs in arena.

13 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I'm really impressed at how both the Japanese and English voices of Serra managed to make her ten times more annoying than her text already implies. Good stuff to both of them.

ADORE ME!!

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Really? I felt like she wasn't obnoxious enough to be as fun as I'd hoped. Her voice sounds too serious.

As for the characters, I want all of them. Even the ones I don't like.

Just now, Othin said:

Really? I felt like she wasn't obnoxious enough to be as fun as I'd hoped. Her voice sounds too serious.

As for the characters, I want all of them. Even the ones I don't like.

Well, maybe her English voice could be a teeny bit higher, but I think it's pretty good.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Same, I've always thought her voice didn't suit her at all. Edit: And she kinda sounds bored and disinterested in everything.

And she sounds like she has a bit of a Southern accent in some of her lines, but that may just be me.

Edited by Robert of Normandy

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I use hatred hyperbolically, like how I hate onions.  It's not consuming me at night or anything.  It's mostly tongue-in-cheek.

Honestly speaking, if by any chance you pulled Sanaki, what would you do?

33 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Same, I've always thought her voice didn't suit her at all. Edit: And she kinda sounds bored and disinterested in everything.

And she sounds like she has a bit of a Southern accent in some of her lines, but that may just be me.

that's what I was thinking too

serra's one of my favorite characters so I was kinda disappointed

There were actually a few characters that surprised me in terms of voice (Ephraim is the first that comes to mind, for instance) but ah well. :'DD Doesn't take away too drastically from my enjoyment of my love of certain characters so not a huge, huge deal!

I've never really been fond of Setsuna or Felicia. But now I think they're both candidates to be my next avatar's son's mother. Or Effie. Always Effie.

Oboro has also gone up my list of likeable units, out of the "don't care about" zone.

Remember the popularity polls for the calendar art? Yeah, the Ike and Lyn ones have been released, and they're two separate calendars. So there's no need to worry about your favourites being on the same one as someone you dislike.

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Remember the popularity polls for the calendar art? Yeah, the Ike and Lyn ones have been released, and they're two separate calendars. So there's no need to worry about your favourites being on the same one as someone you dislike.

Link? Not everybody is following every social media in existence. 

7 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Thanks! Here's the original tweet and here are the calendar pages.

Ike:

C5vau4SUoAAyzxy.jpg

Lyn:

C5vav1cVAAAPgUa.jpg

Edited by Vaximillian