Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Allen?

I'll wait for the edit cause I had no idea Allen was in this game XD

Unless you mean Alfonse? 

@Elieson has yet to refer to "Alfonse" by name, using psuedonyms like "Alfred" or "Alfredo". I was simply taking a bit of creative liberty by the use of "Allen".

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure I follow. I'm not currently inheriting from 5* units, anyway.

Quick Riposte 3 requires you to sacrifice a 5* unit. If you use Quick Riposte 2, then you lose out on Arena Points.

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Doesn't that only get me Quick Reposte 1, maybe 2? I'd like the third one as well. And I'd like to keep that Subaki.

I thought you only wanted Swap.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I'm pretty sure that difference is well under a single point. There's no need to assume it'll ever be necessary to spend feathers on it.

Even on my arena team, a lot of the skills I've inherited are only level 2, whether because I couldn't get to level 3 without using a 5* or because it just doesn't strike me as being worth 2k feathers. It's not a huge deal. And if it really is accessible from a 4*, I might get that 4* sometime in the future and can just inherit from it then.

The difference is about 5-10 points which is A LOT for rank 10000+. If you are satisfied with being in rank 10 000 or lower then QR2 is fine. But if you want rank 1000+ then QR3 is required.

Edited by Clogon

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

Not really, I'd like Quick Reposte for Ephraim. Someone even suggested that idea to me too.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:
>effective against fliers

Neutral Caeda gets 40 Resistance with forify fliers

Nautral Merric has 40 attack at base

#FlierEmblemCaedaIsFlippingNuts

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

-Spd is literally the worst Bane for Marth. Even -Atk can be salvaged because he has the bulk and speed to run a TA-3 set or something. So you have slightly better than 80% chance to pull a better Marth, when you do pull a better Marth.

This definitely puts things into perspective....

But this also means I have to go red/green hunting for cherches and Marths. But I need Azura in my life ;-;

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

And to answer your sig question, you will support Team Leo.

I think you're the ninth person to tell me this.

If team Leo really has this much support, I'll see what I can do ;)

5 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Quick Riposte 3 requires you to sacrifice a 5* unit. If you use Quick Riposte 2, then you lose out on Arena Points.

The difference is about 5-10 points which is A LOT for rank 10000+. If you are satisfied with being in rank 10 000 or lower then QR2 is fine. But if you want rank 1000+ then QR3 is required.

Depending on merge levels, I would agree that it matters if you want to rank in the top 1000, but I can assure you from personal experience that having QR 2 (and other skills at level 2) is sufficient to secure top 5k. 

5 minutes ago, Clogon said:

You lose out on some number of arena points by using a weaker skill, whether or not the strongest one requires a 5* unit.

Where are you getting this information about how arena points work, because a level 3 skill being worth 5-10 points more than a level 2 skill doesn't sound remotely plausible.

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

You're going to support Nohrian Scum? What would Oboro think?!

"Oboro was on the same side as Leo in Revelation" is what I keep telling myself.

Also, I'm not confirming what team I'm on lol

Seven people said I should go Julia so really it depends on who the underdog is (no matter who they are)

But if somehow in any blazing chance in the deep depths of the arctic Henry is the underdog, I'm definitely going Leo, Robin, or Julia

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

"Oboro was on the same side as Leo in Revelation" is what I keep telling myself.

Also, I'm not confirming what team I'm on lol

Seven people said I should go Julia so really it depends on who the underdog is (no matter who they are)

But if somehow in any blazing chance in the deep depths of the arctic Henry is the underdog, I'm definitely going Leo, Robin, or Julia

Nooooo D:

I'm team Linde but I guess I'll join Julia or Robin if she loses

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Nooooo D:

I'm team Linde but I guess I'll join Julia or Robin if she loses

Oh man...

I don't even know what to do anymore

Like I said before, this gauntlet is gonna break some friendships :'( 

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

It's ok as long as you don't support Tharja :Gonzales:

Would you be mad at me if I have her and I actually considered joining her team?

Spoiler

Don't get mad at me

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

It's ok as long as you don't support Tharja :Gonzales:

Would you be mad at me if I have her and I actually considered joining her team?

Spoiler

Don't get mad at me

Just now, Arcanite said:

Hide contents

Don't get mad at me

It's ok, I have her too and she's been very useful

In terms of personality though, she is lacking in many aspects :(

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Oh man...

I don't even know what to do anymore

Like I said before, this gauntlet is gonna break some friendships :'( 

Flip an 8-sided coin.

Or use RNG to decide.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

It's ok, I have her too and she's been very useful

In terms of personality though, she is lacking in many aspects :(

Never played Awakening so I can't speak to that much

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Roll an 8-sided die.

Or use RNG to decide.

An 8 sided die eh?

That seems fair

29 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

An 8 sided die eh?

That seems fair

Turns out that 8 sided die has a picture of Tharja's face on all sides.

Seems fair still.

3 minutes ago, Birdy said:

My Ike has finally been completed! I could have just build Heavy Blade, but I thought this build might actually be pretty good, but mostly unique. What do you guys think, yay or nay?

50 Atk with Fortress Def 3 equipped is cheating.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Sorry this one is a bit late but I want to share some input.

Triangle Adept / Quick Riposte Nowi has perfect coverage vs reds due to OHKO'ing Lucina, but Fury / Quick Riposte has better matchups overall. Darting Blow is pretty tech on Julia but I'm not sure what could be better for her.

If you want to run Brave Alfred, take Luna or Draconic Aura over Moonbow. Luna does more damage to units with more than 30 Def, but Draconic Aura does more to sub-28 Def units. They all proc during the same round of combat assuming Swordbreaker, so it's a straight upgrade. Draw Back is easier to use on ranged units since they're sitting on the backline, while melee units make better use of Reposition or Swap. Reposition is most likely since I'd imagine Alfredo doesn't want to take too many hits with that speed. I'd do the same with Anna too, but it's not as necessary.

Moving Sharena's buffs is a good idea if you want to fine-tune her supporting role, unless you're looking to take advantage of Fortify Def. I replaced Rally Attack with Rally Speed on mine and put Hone Atk as the C skill, instead. Not necessary but it's more efficient, at least for my set-up; more units want an Atk buff than they do any other buff, no?

Overall, Julia / Nowi / Sharena / Olivia and Julia / Nowi / Allen / Ninian seems pretty solid, with both teams having good coverage.

Thoughts?

Ruby + neutral Olivia alright? It's all I hs e but that makes her a nice antiHec with utility until he shows up.

Alcatraz build can't have a brave sword because I lack one to donate is why :/

Sharena hone/rally shuffle sounds good tho. The Fortify Def lets Julia tank occasional merged Takumis (38 hp and 13+2 def cuts it close vs mergeds) but other than that, she does fair enough without the add'l. I'll see if I can set that up with what I have. 

I lack extra TA donation fodder (well i have a 4* -atk Selena) so not sure if i can run that nowo

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Elieson has yet to refer to "Alfonse" by name, using psuedonyns like "Alfred" or "Alfredo". I was simply taking a bit of creative liberty by the use of "Allen".

So I'm training Ryoma and Takumi but I'd like to hear some opinions on SI for them. I already gave Takumi Draw Back because that's terrifying on arena defense with a buff unit like Eirika/Sharena. So far I have nothing to give them but Vantage on them has been pretty common choices on them. Any changes on their base skills?

17 minutes ago, Birdy said:

My Ike has finally been completed! I could have just build Heavy Blade, but I thought this build might actually be pretty good, but mostly unique. What do you guys think, yay or nay?

His speed is what concerned me

Until I saw Quick Riposte 3

GG Birdy

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So I'm training Ryoma and Takumi but I'd like to hear some opinions on SI for them. I already gave Takumi Draw Back because that's terrifying on arena defense with a buff unit like Eirika/Sharena. So far I have nothing to give them but Vantage on them has been pretty common choices on them. Any changes on their base skills?

Quick Riposte is always a choice for the B

I'd keep close counter on Pineapple Head, and give Fury to Ryoma (Defiant Attack still works okay)

5 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I like Swap on Ryoma. I run him with Nino, so sometimes Nino would get rid of something twice and still be in range of things that can kill her so that's when i just, casually swap in Ryoma and let him tank shit. Also works well for applying buff/ turn1 shenanigans etc and situationally can allow Olivia to move further 1 space. I heard Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang is good for him, though I haven't done that yet out of lacking resources, and same with Fury. Fury in particular works well with vantage, but I also run Desperation/Ardent Nino, so even just hypothetically she synergizes well with that build, as she can heal him up whenever he needs a bit more HP (or just to get off her desperation), and Fury3+Hone Atk is the same level of buff as Defiant Atk except you can have it up all the time.

I prefer Vantage over Quick Riposte for Ryoma, but I have a +spd and he doubles most things without QR anyway.

Edited by Thor Odinson