Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Thanks for the input, guys! I'll build their base setup while I get new SI fodder.

@MaskedAmpharos some cool setups there.

Regarding Ryoma, mine is +def -hp, so swap is something I'm looking for to tank some hits here and there. I'd like the fury/vantage set as it provides better bulk; I'll give priority to vantage because vantage on ranged users is ridic. Regarding special I'll see if I get draconic aura. Althoughhhh I'm thinking Bonfire/Ignis might be a better option. Bonfire on +def ryoma adds the same as Draconic Aura with 50atk. With fury 3 bonfire adds 16 dmg and da adds 15 dmg. Or ignis in which case it'll add 26dmg with 33 def ryoma.

Regarding Takumi, I'll keep Close counter as I already have a Klein with 42 base atk, so I'll throw vantage/qr depending on which I get first.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Thanks to the help from the temporary SP increase, I have both my most beloved boys complete. <3

Capture_2017-04-29-22-11-32_zpstt1wdrdr. Capture_2017-04-29-22-12-24_zps06220l4j.

Okay, so my knight in shining armor there still lacks Armored Blow 3, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :P For now, he and my badass mercenary are the best they can be!

Azura has all her skills now too, but she still needs three more levels and she's also done! Ephraim needs more work next! Well, as soon as I get him the right skill fodder. xP

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Thanks to the help from the temporary SP increase, I have both my most beloved boys complete. <3

Capture_2017-04-29-22-11-32_zpstt1wdrdr. Capture_2017-04-29-22-12-24_zps06220l4j.

Okay, so my knight in shining armor there still lacks Armored Blow 3, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. :P For now these guys are the best they can be!

Azura has all her skills now too, but she still needs three more levels and she's also done! Ephraim needs more work next! Well, as soon as I get him the right skill fodder. xP

Ooh... that Bonfire from Frederick is going to hurt!

4 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Ooh... that Bonfire from Frederick is going to hurt!

Yeah, it's almost always a guaranteed 1-hit KO for him! lol He's also barely scratched by even sword units thanks to his high def. Only two or three units in the whole game can have a higher base def than him.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, it's almost always a guaranteed 1-hit KO for him! lol He's also barely scratched by even sword units thanks to his high def. Only two or three units in the whole game can have a higher base def than him.

Maybe a Killer Axe + in the future, should you ever get fodder for it?  If Fredrick gets attacked once, he'll have Bonfire ready for your turn. Or if you attack first, it'll fire off when he gets attacked on enemy phase. 

Just now, Eridras said:

Maybe a Killer Axe + in the future, should you ever get fodder for it?  If Fredrick gets attacked once, he'll have Bonfire ready for your turn. Or if you attack first, it'll fire off when he gets attacked on enemy phase. 

I actually would prefer to give him a Brave Axe+ if I give him a new weapon. He'll hit twice! And thankfully, I hate Camilla, so I'd be just fine with dumping a 5 star version.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I actually would prefer to give him a Brave Axe+ if I give him a new weapon. He'll hit twice! And thankfully, I hate Camilla, so I'd be just fine with dumping a 5 star version.

True, I have a 4 star, +Atk, -Res Fredrick I'm considering giving that treatment to. I think I'd want to give him Deathblow, though. Two 52 attack hits is nice!

1 minute ago, Eridras said:

True, I have a 4 star, +Atk, -Res Fredrick I'm considering giving that treatment to. I think I'd want to give him Deathblow, though. Two 52 attack hits is nice!

Yeah, that could work well too, but Armored Blow is good for me here since that extra def on top of +def lets Freddy hardly ever get damaged at all on player phase. :P

And that's a great nature for Freddy, you definitely ought to train him!

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, that could work well too, but Armored Blow is good for me here since that extra def on top of +def lets Freddy hardly ever get damaged at all on player phase. :P

And that's a great nature for Freddy, you definitely ought to train him!

My Frederick is -Atk, like all my other guys, so I've never gotten around to using him.

I think I'm going to try to build up my Orb supply again.  I'd like to get a better Natured Soren eventually, but he shares Green with Titania this Focus.  I love Titania, too, but I managed to get a second Titania who's not -Atk, and I've already been pretty lucky the last couple Banners.

My hope is that Soren gets the 4* treatment.  I'm guessing Ike will stay at 5* only, but we've not had any Greens added to the 4* Pool since launch, so I think we might see both Titania and Soren as 4* in May.  If Soren and Titania both get 4*, I guess Mist will stay at 5*, but I was lucky enough to get her, too.

I don't know if I should merge my Titanias.  I don't know if Emerald Axe or Guard would ever be worth passing to someone.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

My Frederick is -Atk, like all my other guys, so I've never gotten around to using him.

I think I'm going to try to build up my Orb supply again.  I'd like to get a better Natured Soren eventually, but he shares Green with Titania this Focus.  I love Titania, too, but I managed to get a second Titania who's not -Atk, and I've already been pretty lucky the last couple Banners.

My hope is that Soren gets the 4* treatment.  I'm guessing Ike will stay at 5* only, but we've not had any Greens added to the 4* Pool since launch, so I think we might see both Titania and Soren as 4* in May.  If Soren and Titania both get 4*, I guess Mist will stay at 5*, but I was lucky enough to get her, too.

I don't know if I should merge my Titanias.  I don't know if Emerald Axe or Guard would ever be worth passing to someone.

Dang, Freddy too, Rezzy? That's so lousy. >.<

Yeah, me too, after IS made me spend money on trying for Ryoma and Azura. :P Plus, if I do it right, I'll have lots of orbs again by the time CYL Ike is out! Or RD Ike or some kind of summer variation if IS uses that idea I came up with or something similar. lol

Ike will stay 5 star only, I don't ever see IS lowering his possible rarity. :P Titania will probably stay 5 star only too.

When/if I do get CYL Ike or some other variation of him, I'll mostly use them on different teams. Well, unless somehow one is an axe and the other is a lance for whatever reason. :P That'd be decent coverage.

Edited by Anacybele

So, question, of these 3 choices which would you pick: keep and get Zephiel's Life & Death 3, give him Attack 3, or Fury 3?

Just checking defense wins, noticed I managed a second one with my ragtag team, and the leader was a 5* Zephiel with Eckesachs, Attack +3, Wary Fighter 3, and Threaten Attack 1. Swap and Bonfire are listed as unlearned skills. Retribution is learned, Reprisal is unlearned, and Life & Death is completely ignored. Someone was not happy with Zephiel's Life & Death. I get what they're trying to do, but Fury 3 might have been a better option and with the x1.5 cost of inherited skills, they might have been better off getting at least L&D1, Swap, and Threaten Attack 3 if possible rather than Attack 3. Something also makes me think this was a 4* Zephiel and not a 3* since they could have amassed enough SP going from 3* to 5* to get more than the skills they got.

Lv. 35 Zephiel, though... I've a feeling either M!Corrin or Oboro killed him. And then there's Selena with Armorslayer and F!Robin being a mage. Yeah...

Just now, Kaden said:

So, question, of these 3 choices which would you pick: keep and get Zephiel's Life & Death 3, give him Attack 3, or Fury 3?

Just checking defense wins, noticed I managed a second one with my ragtag team, and the leader was a 5* Zephiel with Eckesachs, Attack +3, Wary Fighter 3, and Threaten Attack 1. Swap and Bonfire are listed as unlearned skills. Retribution is learned, Reprisal is unlearned, and Life & Death is completely ignored. Someone was not happy with Zephiel's Life & Death. I get what they're trying to do, but Fury 3 might have been a better option and with the x1.5 cost of inherited skills, they might have been better off getting at least L&D1, Swap, and Threaten Attack 3 if possible rather than Attack 3. Something also makes me think this was a 4* Zephiel and not a 3* since they could have amassed enough SP going from 3* to 5* to get more than the skills they got.

Lv. 35 Zephiel, though... I've a feeling either M!Corrin or Oboro killed him. And then there's Selena with Armorslayer and F!Robin being a mage. Yeah...

I took Life and Death off my Zephiel. I think lowering his defense defeats the purpose of him being an armored unit. Just my opinion though!

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Since Guard pretty much completely stops the special from charging (rather than removing 1 point of charge when combat starts, I misunderstood it before), it actually seems like a pretty good skill. Basically Nihil.

Edit: A Hector with guard, for example, laughs at any sword users relying on Moonbow or another Special to 1RKO him.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Dang, Freddy too, Rezzy? That's so lousy. >.<

Yeah, me too, after IS made me spend money on trying for Ryoma and Azura. :P Plus, if I do it right, I'll have lots of orbs again by the time CYL Ike is out! Or RD Ike or some kind of summer variation if IS uses that idea I came up with or something similar. lol

Ike will stay 5 star only, I don't ever see IS lowering his possible rarity. :P Titania will probably stay 5 star only too.

When/if I do get CYL Ike or some other variation of him, I'll mostly use them on different teams. Well, unless somehow one is an axe and the other is a lance for whatever reason. :P That'd be decent coverage.

I don't think we're getting CYL Ike until around September or so, so there's plenty of time before then.

It's hard to say who will be 4*, it seems the major characters stay 5*, but Eirika and Seliph got the 4* treatment.  Soren, Titania, and Mist are all pretty prominent characters, but at least 2 of them have to be 4*, if the pattern holds.

I think it will probably be quite a while before we get RD Ike, but maybe he'll have Urvan.  It would be nice for variety, since there aren't many Axe Lords.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I don't think we're getting CYL Ike until around September or so, so there's plenty of time before then.

It's hard to say who will be 4*, it seems the major characters stay 5*, but Eirika and Seliph got the 4* treatment.  Soren, Titania, and Mist are all pretty prominent characters, but at least 2 of them have to be 4*, if the pattern holds.

I think it will probably be quite a while before we get RD Ike, but maybe he'll have Urvan.  It would be nice for variety, since there aren't many Axe Lords.

Yeah, agreed, but who knows what we could possibly get before then. Like I said, we could get RD Ike or a summer themed Ike or something. :P

True that, yeah. I'm still predicting Soren and Mist to get the 4 star treatment tho. And in the case of Eirika and Seliph, they were in a focus that also included Ephraim and Julia who are also main characters. So that focus was all main characters.

I'd say RD Ike getting Urvan is a 50/50 shot. I think IS will give that to him only if Greil isn't going to be in the game. Otherwise, I think RD Ike will also go Ragnell.

14 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Since Guard pretty much completely stops the special from charging (rather than removing 1 point of charge when combat starts, I misunderstood it before), it actually seems like a pretty good skill. Basically Nihil.

Edit: A Hector with guard, for example, laughs at any sword users relying on Moonbow or another Special to 1RKO him.

That's even better than Nihil, then, if it still lets Titania use her own Special.  I guess it's better than those Sweep skills that seem to do more harm than good, since you can't double with them.  I need to level up my good Titania.  I've been working on Ike, Soren, and Est.

I've got a lot of new units I need to level, now.

Yeah, agreed, but who knows what we could possibly get before then. Like I said, we could get RD Ike or a summer themed Ike or something. :P

True that, yeah. I'm still predicting Soren and Mist to get the 4 star treatment tho. And in the case of Eirika and Seliph, they were in a focus that also included Ephraim and Julia who are also main characters. So that focus was all main characters.

I'd say RD Ike getting Urvan is a 50/50 shot. I think IS will give that to him only if Greil isn't going to be in the game. Otherwise, I think RD Ike will also go Ragnell.

We might get Greil eventually, but I feel that would likely be years down the road, once we've started to exhaust the supply of playable units.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

We might get Greil eventually, but I feel that would likely be years down the road, once we've started to exhaust the supply of playable units.

Yeah, but the supply could definitely stay pretty steady if IS pumps out more FE games or FE-related games with plausible characters like FE Warriors the way they are. If FE Warriors has several OCs, they're definitely candidates, and then FE Switch is on the way too.

29 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I took Life and Death off my Zephiel. I think lowering his defense defeats the purpose of him being an armored unit. Just my opinion though!

Letting him take damage to use his health pool for Reprisal seems neat, though. Still risky.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

"Ragnells, woody...

Ragnells everywhere......"

Its gonna be nasty, assuming he actually does get the Ragnell. Distant counter units flying out the wazoo!

2 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I actually have Reinhardt and Azura, so I don't actually struggle with them in the arena. But it really says something that their most reliable counter is just stronger cancer.

What do you mean? Cecilia can only 3HKO Roy with Magic :v