Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Soul~! said:

I'm going to check it out after school. It's actually good that you mention this in regards to non-rooted phones (or in this case, where Bluestacks isn't), so thanks.

Non-emulators can get pass SafetyNet via Magisk even now, I believe. But Magisk is a bitch to install on emulators since you can't 'flash' a rom (I still haven't figured out how to install it, actually), and, according to the internet, a 100% reliable source of information, even Magisk can't hide the fact that the emulator is an emulator from SafetyNet.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

27 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Windsweep, on the other hand... Given the standard 'deal with Hector' tactic is 'walk him into a sword so his QR doesn't activate,' Windsweep could troll some people using slower swords to counter Hector.

Hector's PS stats: 26, 29, 33. We'll assume he maintains Distant Counter here, because without it, he's going to get slaughtered by BLUE mages.

26 speed allows him to sweep base Alfonse, Chrom, Eldigan, Hinata, Seliph, Xander, Zephiel. 29 speed adds neutral Stahl, Laslow, Tobin, and Luke. 33 speed gives him Eliwood, Alm, Roy, Palla, Ike, Draug, Corrin, and Cain. Any additional speed, such as via a speed boon or Fury, may tip any of these units out of range.

There are some nice, common counterkills caught in this net, now that I see it. Funnily enough, if Speed boon Hector has the +Spd seal, he catches Olivia, too. If you want to surprise the enemy give him Fury on top of the +Spd seal, you get all the way to Sweeping neutral Lucina.

EDIT: Got so caught up in the calcs that I forgot Phantom Speed takes the Seal slot. Oops. Forget I ever brought this up.

Unfortunately, the fact that most units with this high of speed get given Speed buffs of some kind neuters him, so realistically, this'll work best on Alfie, Xander and Eldigan. And the latter two totally escape with Hone Cavalry.

Edited by phineas81707

On a seperate account, anyone else go through crashes on iOS? My game just keeps closing back to Home Screen without any kind of warning or error message. It just randomly closes. At this point, I'm just willing to give up and say it's due to hardware issues (iPad Mini 2,5; iOS 9.3.5). Heard it's RAM-related, but then that wouldn't explain how I can run the game for a good thirty minutes or so at times (whereas I feel it should be outright incompatible, otherwise).

And no, my device isn't jailbroken or anything. And I've tried the many reboot solutions such as Home Button+Power/Block-button (hard reset), re-installing, re-installing via iTunes as well as an entire system Factory Restore.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Hector's PS stats: 26, 29, 33. We'll assume he maintains Distant Counter here, because without it, he's going to get slaughtered by BLUE mages.

26 speed allows him to sweep base Alfonse, Chrom, Eldigan, Hinata, Seliph, Xander, Zephiel. 29 speed adds neutral Stahl, Laslow, Tobin, and Luke. 33 speed gives him Eliwood, Alm, Roy, Palla, Ike, Draug, Corrin, and Cain. Any additional speed, such as via a speed boon or Fury, may tip any of these units out of range.

There are some nice, common counterkills caught in this net, now that I see it. Funnily enough, if Speed boon Hector has the +Spd seal, he catches Olivia, too. If you want to surprise the enemy give him Fury on top of the +Spd seal, you get all the way to Sweeping neutral Lucina.

Unfortunately, the fact that most units with this high of speed get given Speed buffs of some kind neuters him, so realistically, this'll work best on Alfie, Xander and Eldigan. And the latter two totally escape with Hone Cavalry.

Hector, like Odin, has the hp to panic ploy everyone he's expected to fight. If he's on a defense team this makes stacking buffs a lot trickier, since it makes positioning requirements quite strict, particularly if you're trying to stack class buffs (one hone and you're -6/-6, lawls). But yes, high speed units tend to go L&D or Fury 3, both of which makes it harder to windsweep the very fastest units.

Off-topic:

Odin might even have a niche now. His theoretical healer version is immune to ORKOs thanks to panic ploying anyone who can hit him, but his regular version should be able to abuse the buff advantage and his good speed to get some KOs via the brokeness of -blade.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Hector, like Odin, has the hp to panic ploy everyone he's expected to fight. If he's on a defense team this makes stacking buffs a lot trickier, since it makes positioning requirements quite strict, particularly if you're trying to stack class buffs (one hone and you're -6/-6, lawls). But yes, high speed units tend to go L&D or Fury 3, both of which makes it harder to windsweep the very fastest units.

A +Spd Fury Eldigan escapes =Spd Hector's Windsweep on innate speed alone- not sure how desired +Spd is for Eldigan generally, but it is a thing. Though yes, with Panic Ploy, I could see Xander definitely being on the wrong end of Armads.

4 hours ago, Soul~! said:

On a seperate account, anyone else go through crashes on iOS? My game just keeps closing back to Home Screen without any kind of warning or error message. It just randomly closes. At this point, I'm just willing to give up and say it's due to hardware issues (iPad Mini 2,5; iOS 9.3.5). Heard it's RAM-related, but then that wouldn't explain how I can run the game for a good thirty minutes or so at times (whereas I feel it should be outright incompatible, otherwise).

And no, my device isn't jailbroken or anything. And I've tried the many reboot solutions such as Home Button+Power/Block-button (hard reset), re-installing, re-installing via iTunes as well as an entire system Factory Restore.

Mine has started freezing sometimes since the latest update - more than it used to. Sometimes it doesn't load for several minutes, and loading times as a whole seem increased. Not sure if it's similar, but, yeah, I've been struggling. I was watching a youtuber last night who also crashed out a few times - not sure what device they used. Mine is an Android, though.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

All right, looking at the other seal... for whom might the Resistance +1 seal be a boon?

Julia? I really have no idea XD

If Phantom Seal Hector ever becomes an issue, would putting a Phantom Seal on my Xander counter the issue? Or does it only work for the unit attacking? I'd assume it would work both ways?

19 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

If Phantom Seal Hector ever becomes an issue, would putting a Phantom Seal on my Xander counter the issue? Or does it only work for the unit attacking? I'd assume it would work both ways?

Phantom Spd only affects Windsweep and Watersweep. It doesn't affect the actual combat speed used for doubling 

Just now, Korath88 said:

Phantom Spd only affects Windsweep and Watersweep. It doesn't affect the actual combat speed used for doubling 

I meant if a character I'm facing has the skill seal... can I counter that skill seal by also having the skill seal? Not talking about doubling - I just want to keep on using my methods to avoid QR from Hector if possible lol

I suppose Xander can survive it, even if not... unless it's one of the few Hectors who has a good special...

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I meant if a character I'm facing has the skill seal... can I counter that skill seal by also having the skill seal? Not talking about doubling - I just want to keep on using my methods to avoid QR from Hector if possible lol

I suppose Xander can survive it, even if not... unless it's one of the few Hectors who has a good special...

I don't believe Hector doubles. He's also unlikely to get a special with any charge when he initiates combat.

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Yeah, if both units have the seal the effects are essentially negated, but does your Xander have Windsweep or something?

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Yeah, if both units have the seal the effects are essentially negated, but does your Xander have Windsweep or something?

I meant if Hector has it... it was being discussed earlier in the chat lol I wanted to avoid it being used against me...

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

All right, looking at the other seal... for whom might the Resistance +1 seal be a boon?

I guess its best use is to increase an Iceberg/Glacies-unit's damage, or to make your res tank a bit more tanky.

A couple of notes:

Last night I was thinking we need a flier healer :(, and suddenly I came up with the idea of an armored healer. Imagine an armored healer with ward/goad armor, physic and Imbue, lol it'd be funny.

Also, the game has made me spent 60 orbs on tempest banner essentially for nothing as I'm doing the 5 battle with flier emblem and clair, and a 1.4 bonus unit won't actually do that much 8{

Edited by Quintessence

The Phantom Speed Hector discussion makes me want to pull for Alm so I can give my +Spd Hector Windsweep alongside Panic Plow from one of my Luke. He could potentially prevent a +Spd Lucina from countering if both him and her got a +4 Spd buff while she's affected by Panic Ploy (37 Spd for Hector vs 35 for Lucina).

Just now, Quintessence said:

Here's me hoping to pull Alm with an accumulated 3.75% chance of getting him!

Me at 4% pulling red on the Fury banner shrugging.

I thought training up Mae to use her for tempest would be a pain, but holy shit, weapon exp skills are amazing.

Hopefully I can pull one with a better nature before this banner ends.

Think we'll get a new BHB or a new GHB next week or the week after?  

I personally think if we get another BHB, that's a hint at a major hero release because we would only have 5 new units.  I'm not sure how many we normally get, but I'm thinking 4 for two banners, at least 2 GHBs, and now 1 tempest which would equal 11 new units.  

I would think this hints at a major story update where we will unlock new Askr characters, but we'll see.

Edited by Lushen

I definitely want a Mae as well with the high population of red units on this Tempest Trial.

Speaking of Tempest, my team so far is horse emblem with someone who will shine forevermore ~

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170707-155559.png

Look at that sexy speed that reaches 50 when blow n' hone!

I didn't know final map was Berkut's map because I haven't finished my first playthrough but choosing The Sacrifice and the Saint as its piece is awesome because it is by far my most favorite among the OST :awesome:

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Think we'll get a new BHB or a new GHB next week or the week after?  

I personally think if we get another BHB, that's a hint at a major hero release because we would only have 5 new units.  I'm not sure how many we normally get, but I'm thinking 4 for two banners, at least 2 GHBs, and now 1 tempest which would equal 11 new units.  

I would think this hints at a major story update where we will unlock new Askr characters, but we'll see.

im guessing a new ghb would come after the next banner if Clarisse Legion is any indication

Next GHB, Eremiya? Linus? Sonia? Hardin? Garon? Gangrel? Aversa?

= EDIT =

Aversa would be a pretty nice addition as a red mage flier. Raudhrblade plox

Edited by Quintessence