Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So, about

Hide contents

Zacharias being Bruno, the Askr Trio must be idiots if they don't know who their close friend is behind a tiny mask, unless he somehow magically changes into a completely different person when the mask comes off.

Spoiler

Masks in anime-style media seem to always have that property when the wearer is trying to hide their identity and their identity is not supposed to be blatantly obvious to the audience. It's literally everywhere.

But, yeah. That doesn't make it any less dumb.

The few times where in-story characters actually recognize people wearing masks are typically when it's played for laughs (e.g. the character is trying super hard to hide their identity, but makes accidental slips every two words and the other characters are purposefully playing along) or when it's not supposed to hide their identity in the first place (e.g. a masquerade ball of politicians where everyone is supposed to be recognizable to everyone else, but the masks are there so that they don't have to admit they met people they probably shouldn't have).

32 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So, about

Reveal hidden contents

Zacharias being Bruno, the Askr Trio must be idiots if they don't know who their close friend is behind a tiny mask, unless he somehow magically changes into a completely different person when the mask comes off.

Spoiler

Its like Ash in Pokemon not being able to reconise Team Rocket even if they did not cover their face.

10 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Ahahahahaha. I just realized everyone everywhere always ranks Leo near the very bottom of the tier list.

Leo.

Red. Mage. Cavalry.

Ahahahahaha.

As if I needed more reasons to not look at tier lists.

Gamepedia's tier list, at the least, ranks units without buffs. Leo is pretty damned terrible if he doesn't have access to buffs, but ranking units without buffs is dumb to begin with.

I don't know how other tier lists come up with their rankings, but I really wouldn't trust this game's community to be good at it to begin with. Other games, like Pokémon and fighting games in general, have competitive communities that actually know the ins and outs of their games' mechanics and much larger sample sizes for realistic match-up data (not to mention unlimited access to all characters).

48 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gamepedia's tier list, at the least, ranks units without buffs. Leo is pretty damned terrible if he doesn't have access to buffs, but ranking units without buffs is dumb to begin with.

I don't know how other tier lists come up with their rankings, but I really wouldn't trust this game's community to be good at it to begin with. Other games, like Pokémon and fighting games in general, have competitive communities that actually know the ins and outs of their games' mechanics and much larger sample sizes for realistic match-up data (not to mention unlimited access to all characters).

Even Pokemon and Fighting Games need like months to actually comes up with accurate tier lists. It took like 2 years or something for Tangrowth and Amoongus to stay in OU

Regarding the whole mask thing, funny enough the effectiveness of Mask Disguise in FE is pretty low

FE15 MK is excused through him not meeting Cellica for like ten years

That FE7 meme is a camouflage instead of a mask and its proven uneffective

Sirius only met 3 person:

Ogma - have no business knowing who he is

Vergil - Literally knows who Sirius is from the get go

Nyna - Sirius disguise is so bad, a girl who just recently being cured of dark dragon hypnosis art(tm) is able to recognize him

Other people who wear masks (from memory):

Zelgius: It takes some time, but Ranulf sees through it as soon as he meets the unmasked version.

Lucina: She's copying a person who doesn't even exist until she breaks cover.

Azura: Only wears the 'mask' (veil) for one scene, and somehow squeaks by.

I feel like, apart from them and Sirius (and Conrad), there's someone I've missed... but I've no idea who.

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Zelgius: It takes some time, but Ranulf sees through it as soon as he meets the unmasked version.

I feel like, apart from them and Sirius (and Conrad), there's someone I've missed... but I've no idea who.

Gerome does, though his is surprisingly effective.  Legion wears one, but I'm not sure if I want to know what's under there.  And then there's Percy.

31 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

To be fair:

Zelgius: is not wearing just a mask, his disguise working for a while shouldn't be that strange if he's careful about his voice (although Greil saw through it immediatly).

Lucina: There shouldn't be anyone able to recognice her anyway, even if she wasn't wearing a mask.

9 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

To be fair:

Zelgius: is not wearing just a mask, his disguise working for a while shouldn't be that strange if he's careful about his voice (although Greil saw through it immediatly).

Lucina: There shouldn't be anyone able to recognice her anyway, even if she wasn't wearing a mask.

In Path of Radiance, the Black Knight has a very soft voice (Greil's Death). In Radiant Dawn, Zelgius has a much deeper one (The River Crossing). I think an attempt was made.

15 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

In Path of Radiance, the Black Knight has a very soft voice (Greil's Death). In Radiant Dawn, Zelgius has a much deeper one (The River Crossing). I think an attempt was made.

A ridiculous contrast with Azura who doesn't. fucking. bother. at all

The only thing closest to "disguise" in that scene is how energetic the dance are

39 minutes ago, JSND said:

A ridiculous contrast with Azura who doesn't. fucking. bother. at all

Theonly thing closest to "disguise" in that scene is how energetic the dance are

I still want a Fates-themed tempest so that we can get that veiled Azura.

I’m not as keen on the maps themselves though.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I still want a Fates-themed tempest so that we can get that veiled Azura.

I’m not as keen on the maps themselves though.

What do you imagine her skills would be?

Definitely not keen on having more Fates characters though. I personally didn't like them much

6 minutes ago, Catria! said:

What do you imagine her skills would be?

Definitely not keen on having more Fates characters though. I personally didn't like them much

At the very least, Sing and some lance. Tobin got the whole set, so why can’t she get the whole set either.

I’m fine with anything. They added half of the Gaiden/E:SoV cast recently.

Really want Conrad to form a mask theme team now

It would be a dream if Veiled Azura has Lance Valour. Will make SP grinding easier, especially since Summer Robin is a limited time unit.

Speaking of disguises- a very obscure one is Ryoma being disguised as a Nohr Knight when you meet Scarlet in Birthright. Lance Knight Ryoma for being the fastest Knight?

Edited by mcsilas

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It would be a dream if Veiled Azura ha Lance Valour. Will make SP grinding easier, especially since Summer Robin is a limited time unit.

Speaking f disguises- a very obscure one is Ryoma being disguised as a Nohr Knight when you meet Scarlet in Birthright. Lance Knight Ryoma for being the fastest Knight?

Doga is the fastest knight

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

It would be a dream if Veiled Azura ha Lance Valour. Will make SP grinding easier, especially since Summer Robin is a limited time unit.

Speaking f disguises- a very obscure one is Ryoma being disguised as a Nohr Knight when you meet Scarlet in Birthright. Lance Knight Ryoma for being the fastest Knight?

Depending on the rest of his stats and new skills, he might put Effie out of business. Brave Lance Effie is scary enough, but a Quad Effie is insane.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Am I the only one smelling a future Bruno GHB? I think once his identity and motives are uncovered he might end up being recruitable.

If

Spoiler

he winds up being Zacharias, Veronica might throw a bit of a temper tantrum that he's not her big brother, and considering now she has a shapeshifter that can do Bruno's job, she might be able to fire him. Overcome with madness, we might be able to defeat him and convert him to our cause.

15 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Am I the only one smelling a future Bruno GHB? I think once his identity and motives are uncovered he might end up being recruitable.

I think both Bruno and Veronica will somehow end up being recruitable eventually, but as Heroes original characters, I think they'll be handled somehow different, probably one-ofs like the Askt trio but through later story chapters.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think both Bruno and Veronica will somehow end up being recruitable eventually, but as Heroes original characters, I think they'll be handled somehow different, probably one-ofs like the Askt trio but through later story chapters.

Free Reinhardt counter? (Because the best counter currently being a 5* locked pull probably doesn't help his dominance...)

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

Masks in anime-style media seem to always have that property when the wearer is trying to hide their identity and their identity is not supposed to be blatantly obvious to the audience. It's literally everywhere.

But, yeah. That doesn't make it any less dumb.

The few times where in-story characters actually recognize people wearing masks are typically when it's played for laughs (e.g. the character is trying super hard to hide their identity, but makes accidental slips every two words and the other characters are purposefully playing along) or when it's not supposed to hide their identity in the first place (e.g. a masquerade ball of politicians where everyone is supposed to be recognizable to everyone else, but the masks are there so that they don't have to admit they met people they probably shouldn't have).

Though I guess there's the excuse of superhuman brain telepathy that transcends time and space that helps people recognize him.

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Doubtful he'll be a GHB, especially since those have been exclusive to legacy characters.

More likely a future story chapter will involve recruiting him, like with the Askr royals.

Okay, is it just me, or does the story make no sense anymore?

Spoiler

First Bruno is actually some dude named Loki, now we're supposed to believe he's Zacharias like we originally guessed?

Seriously, what's going on with this? I'm really confused. It's like IS is just throwing shit out there now.

Well, I've gotten myself up to 70 orbs. I don't want to pull on these new banners, but I would like some skill fodder and a 5 star axe other than Frederick. But I also don't want Summer Tiki. I wouldn't mind a better Summer Freddy either, but that's a bit lower priority. So conflicted...