Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

29 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Mozu has joke growths because she has joke bases. She never gets tanky enough to be bulky---as in, literally never catches up to any character with actual bulk---so she's glass cannon offense only, and we already have Niles and Elise. Villager bases are actually 'passable' in Fates, but Mozu's personal bases means that her growths don't fix any of her bulk issues ever, and we already have all the glass cannons we need in Nyx, Niles, Elise, Samurai!Jakob (give him a Kodachi and he turns into Ryoma, I'm not joking---10 from L&D and 5 from Swordfaire is more than enough to OHKO until the endgame), Felicia, etc. etc.

All 3 of my Mozus turned out quite nicely and I think a lot of that had to do with her reliability in her growths. She had just enough bulk to go with her power & speed and spectacular luck.

My proper phys/mag glass cannons would just get really unlucky in one of their key stats. I think one of my Felicias just did not ever want to get magic despite her solid res. It was rough going in places. Nyx NEVER turned out remotely well (nor did Kaze but he was never really a cannon).

Still you're right. Joke class or joke bases, sometimes both (I think all of the FE8 characters had dire bases?), define the archetype. The ests don't since they're just defined by low starting level outside the start of the game, ina standard class/bases, and great growths

e: Course I say that but my Hayatos generally come out similarly to my Mozus. Maybe fates had a different est

Edited by r_n

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, r_n said:

All 3 of my Mozus turned out quite nicely and I think a lot of that had to do with her reliability in her growths. She had just enough bulk to go with her power & speed and spectacular luck.

My proper phys/mag glass cannons would just get really unlucky in one of their key stats. I think one of my Felicias just did not ever want to get magic despite her solid res. It was rough going in places. Nyx NEVER turned out remotely well (nor did Kaze but he was never really a cannon).

Still you're right. Joke class or joke bases, sometimes both (I think all of the FE8 characters had dire bases?), define the archetype. The ests don't since they're just defined by low starting level outside the start of the game, ina standard class/bases, and great growths

FE8 characters are generally their FE7 counterpart but better. This is kind of the main reason Seth is so broken, he took Marcus, and already ridiculously overpowered character, put it in a weaker game, and give him the best growth spread in the game. Garcia is also a better version of Dorcas

.....and then theres Marisa which is just who the fuck created this thing

24 minutes ago, r_n said:

I personally never use Nyx because Elise basically beats her at everything (Elise has lower skill, but 70 luck growth fixes hit rates, and in everything else Elise just stomps Nyx into the ground), Niles has very consistent growths because his speed is so high and you don't need STR when bows have like 50 MT---hit rates are iffy, but eh---and worst comes to worst you have the kill boots, save Shura option.

Anyway, if your Mozu turns out better than your Nyx or your Kaze that's usually more of a RNG thing than anything Mozu actually has going for her. Even Kaze should be keeping up in STR until x/10 or so.

Edit: Mind, my only experience of Mozu is of her bulk being reliably being total dumpster. And I more than enough people with total dumpster bulk to add another one that needs 30 levels before they actually overtake anyone at anything. She's like the reverse Jakob. Jakob takes the entire game of being a Vantage L&D Sword-faire Elbow Room monster of a Great Knight\Paladin before falling off, and she takes the entire game of being 'that one unit worse than Niles as an archer, than Azura as a lancer, than, I don't know, Selena as a Kinshi or something' before finally getting to the level of being 'about 5 points worse in every stat than Camilla.'

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

I personally never use Nyx because Elise basically beats her at everything (Elise has lower skill, but 70 luck growth fixes hit rates, and in everything else Elise just stomps Nyx into the ground), Niles has very consistent growths because his speed is so high and you don't need STR when bows have like 50 MT---hit rates are iffy, but eh---and worst comes to worst you have the kill boots, save Shura option.

Anyway, if your Mozu turns out better than your Nyx or your Kaze that's usually more of a RNG thing than anything Mozu actually has going for her. Even Kaze should be keeping up in STR until x/10 or so.

Edit: Mind, my only experience of Mozu is of her bulk being reliably being total dumpster. And I more than enough people with total dumpster bulk to add another one that needs 30 levels before they actually overtake anyone at anything. She's like the reverse Jakob. Jakob takes the entire game of being a Vantage L&D Sword-faire Elbow Room monster of a Great Knight\Paladin before falling off, and she takes the entire game of being 'that one unit worse than Niles as an archer, than Azura as a lancer, than, I don't know, Selena as a Kinshi or something' before finally getting to the level of being 'about 5 points worse in every stat than Camilla.'

Jesus none of my Mozus were that fragile, that's crazy. Maybe I got blessed.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

I mean, I could also be unlucky, but between Elise and Mozu, Elise is usually the 'tankier' one. -_-

my elise had like 10 def and needed 2 hp consumables. Like 34 res tho, which is all you can really ask of her. My Azura had 8 Def. One file had 12 but I think I threw some boosters at that one. Meanwhile my mozus had ~mid 20s in both def & res.

I should really try out samurai jakob if I ever play any of these again, that one sounds like fun.

You know, the talk of reclassing reminds me. A fun idea for a "seasonal" banner would be to tie in with graduation month in japan: promoted banner. 4 units but they're in a different, promoted class. So something like...Kinshi Knight Takumi, strategist elise, master of arms mozu. well not al lfates characters, but an excuse for fancier artwork and a different weapon.

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

All this talk about Mozu makes me wonder something... When do you think we will get more Awakening and Fates characters?

I am guessing whenever they need a boost in sales.

Walhart can round out the Distant Counter cavalry units with his Wolf Berg. Aversa will be our red mage flier. Panne can be our first physical stone unit. Grima can be a dragon unit with Distant Counter Expiration without increasing Special cooldown and Dragonskin as its A slot.

For Fates, they could release Yukimura as a dagger cavalry. Reina can be our bow flier with Air Superiority. Layla can be another dancer. Lilith can be a ranged dragon unit.

16 minutes ago, r_n said:

my elise had like 10 def and needed 2 hp consumables. Like 34 res tho, which is all you can really ask of her. My Azura had 8 Def. One file had 12 but I think I threw some boosters at that one. Meanwhile my mozus had ~mid 20s in both def & res.

I should really try out samurai jakob if I ever play any of these again, that one sounds like fun.

You know, the talk of reclassing reminds me. A fun idea for a "seasonal" banner would be to tie in with graduation month in japan: promoted banner. 4 units but they're in a different, promoted class. So something like...Kinshi Knight Takumi, strategist elise, master of arms mozu. well not al lfates characters, but an excuse for fancier artwork and a different weapon.

Bow Knight Tobin? :P

Oh aren't there not a lot of thieves in FE? What about Thief Kellam? 

What I like about reclassing, is really silly/out-of-field combinations like General Tharja, Trickster Lon'qu, Maid Effie, Master Ninja Laslow or Onmyoji Elise.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Bow Knight Tobin? :P

Oh aren't there not a lot of thieves in FE? What about Thief Kellam? 

What I like about reclassing, is really silly/out-of-field combinations like General Tharja, Trickster Lon'qu, Maid Effie, Master Ninja Laslow or Onmyoji Elise.

Yeah those are all fun. I kind of feel like we'll get special banners like those eventually just to help fill out niches. We don't exactly have a lot of dagger-capable people in the series even if we continue to give thieves/assassains daggers

3 hours ago, Quintessence said:

What unit would fit the Est/villager role this time? Astrid? Tormod? Sothe?

PoR!Sothe has innate Blossom- which buffs his growths in exchange for reduced EXP gain. If anyone in Tellius deserves to be the trainee, it's him. But little Sothe will take forever to get in, since his RD version is the obviously preferred one.

27 minutes ago, XRay said:

Layla can be another dancer. Lilith can be a ranged dragon unit.

The former exists for what- five seconds? She didn't even have a trace of unit data- Elise's old lady did. And the latter has had more significance in Heroes being a pool toy model than they ever did in all of Fates. So in other words *readies my Brave Machine Gun* no!

2 hours ago, JSND said:

.....and then theres Marisa which is just who the fuck created this thing

Ewan has it nearly as bad, but yeah Marisa was an afterthought. How in the world did she get the title Crimson Flash?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The former exists for what- five seconds? She didn't even have a trace of unit data- Elise's old lady did. And the latter has had more significance in Heroes being a pool toy model than they ever did in all of Fates. So in other words *readies my Brave Machine Gun* no!

I tried to balance out the Hoshidans with Nohrians. I cannot think of anything interesting for the rest of the playable Nohrian cast, so I looked to others for more interesting potential. Layla is not Nohrian, but she is on Nohr's side of the continent. Lilith is in all three routes, but you do meet her in Nohr first.

Benny, Charlotte, Flora, and Nyx all seem to be pretty standard to me. Outside of giving them unique skills or optimized stat distribution, I do not think they will impact the meta like Xander or Effie.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Benny, Charlotte, Flora, and Nyx all seem to be pretty standard to me. Outside of giving them unique skills or optimized stat distribution, I do not think they will impact the meta like Xander or Effie.

Benny I could see being made into the Dual Wall to end all Walls (not a Tank- Walls don't have cannons to shoot back with). High HP and Def, with very usable Resistance, and the absolute worst Spd in the game, and meh Atk. Wary Fighter too obviously. 

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

PoR!Sothe has innate Blossom- which buffs his growths in exchange for reduced EXP gain. If anyone in Tellius deserves to be the trainee, it's him. But little Sothe will take forever to get in, since his RD version is the obviously preferred one.

Ewan has it nearly as bad, but yeah Marisa was an afterthought. How in the world did she get the title Crimson Flash?

While I doubt Leila will be added any time soon, Lillith is actually pretty important to fates.

Or at least it really wanted you to believe she was. She saves Corrin, she provides the My Castle (& thus is someone everyone gets familiar with for castle defense and gold bars), and she's technically a relevant unit since you level her up, and she is also inexplicably critically important to Fates' prologue thanks to the Hidden Truths DLC. Also she keeps dying for ~drama~.

Wiki also claims she ranked pretty high on some poll, but you know how wikis can be.

Lillith will almost certainly make it in is what I'm saying.

e: The wiki also reminded me she even got a relevant appearance in the Heirs of Fate dlc

Edited by r_n

Just now, Glennstavos said:

Blade Tome Banner ending in a few hours. Wonder what it will be replaced by?

Death Blow banner or probably Desperation banner? They are promoting certain builds with these banners: vantage, fury, life and death and now blade banner. This screams overpower mages. Or maybe they'll shift to physical units. All of a sudden we get brave banner!

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Benny I could see being made into the Dual Wall to end all Walls (not a Tank- Walls don't have cannons to shoot back with). High HP and Def, with very usable Resistance, and the absolute worst Spd in the game, and meh Atk. Wary Fighter too obviously. 

And Charlotte and Nyx could be like the were in Fates. Nyx would wall everything that is magical and Charlotte would hit like 10 trucks and have a lot of hp, but would have meh def and horrid res. Flora would probably be a GHB and Silas could take her spot on the banner, most likely being a Lance cav.

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Death Blow banner or probably Desperation banner? They are promoting certain builds with these banners: vantage, fury, life and death and now blade banner. This screams overpower mages. Or maybe they'll shift to physical units. All of a sudden we get brave banner!

brave banner feels like a solid joke considering our Brave cyl units. Klein, Ogma, Donnel, Raven lets do this.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Blueberry Saga Part One!Sothe needs to only have 20 levels to be true to the source material.

DOUBLE EXP AND SP. YAS. I'm beyond excited to train up some characters since I didn't get to do that much this weekend. Looks like we're getting two Bound Hero Battles and two Grand Hero Revivals. And 3 weeks of Tempests (a mini + a normal one). Plus we get a Threaten DEF banner today.