• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Logos said:

If Loptyr was ever a tome in this game do you guys think it would be Red, Blue or Green?

I would guess Red, since that's the color of ebulness, but it's hard to guess with tomes.

I saw this gem in Tempest...

JPbAhf0.png?1

45 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would guess Red, since that's the color of ebulness, but it's hard to guess with tomes.

I saw this gem in Tempest...

JPbAhf0.png?1

48 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Red, since that’s the color for the other tomes like Flux, Ruin, and Fenrir.

Tragic Julius won't be another Reinhardt counter with what I think will be a 50% version of Urvan for a tome effect, hopefully.

"Also what is wrong with Hector man!? He's acting so strange."

*Looks at Black Knight, and Ike*

"Ohhh..."

Wait I just realized something if Loptyr is a red tome that means Julia's Book of Naga will have Weapon Triangle Disadvantage on top of not being able to stop it's ability.

Edited by Logos

1 hour ago, Logos said:

Wait I just realized something if Loptyr is a red tome that means Julia's Book of Naga will have Weapon Triangle Disadvantage on top of not being able to stop it's ability.

Well in FE4, both tomes summon dragons right? Naga is the only Light tome to be Green so far, no? Well we can tweak Loptyr into being Green on the ground it is "summoning magic" and summoning magic is Green. Viola!

Light and Dark were neutral against each other in FE4, so that can justify them being the same color too. As for mitigating the Loptyr effect, well just make it so the effect isn't really relevant when Julia fights Julius on a typical basis. And as a bonus, when we do get the big evil sorcerers eventually, they'll glut Red with legendary tomes, so shifting Loptyr to Green reduces that.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Hey, guys, they added Shura to Heroes!

Tell me, where do the boots come from if you kill Shura in CQ? I always spared him since the Ninja Den of Evil is soon thereafter and an extra healer and Bow user is very useful for it. Plus the free Killer Bow itself is neat too.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tell me, where do the boots come from if you kill Shura in CQ? I always spared him since the Ninja Den of Evil is soon thereafter and an extra healer and Bow user is very useful for it. Plus the free Killer Bow itself is neat too.

Spoiler

You take them off his cold, dead feet.  You give the order to kill him, and presto, you get Boots.

56 minutes ago, Logos said:

They could give the Loptyr tome a weapon triangle reversal effect to keep the theme in tact while preserving the color of dark/fire mages.  Although personally I feel this is an unlikely solution given how hard IS has pushed the importance of the weapon triangle in this game. 

One idea I had was that (FE4 Spoilers)

Spoiler

they could make him have dragon affinity.  If I recall, Julius the person ceased to be the moment he touched the book of Loptyr, and his body and will have been possessed by Loptyr itself.  As far as the events of FE4's second generation are concerned, Julius and Loptyr are one and the same.  So while he would be red, Julia would at least get SE damage against him.  It's still kind of dubious given that Julius's body is still human, but eh, dragon emblem could use a range option.

I don't know if there's any easy solution to Julius's implementation short of forgoing the theme altogether, or just making him a blue mage instead.  Interestingly, the "flash" that appears before Julia casts Naga is blue, instead of green like every other green tome.  It's possible Julia was originally intended to be a blue mage, but was changed to green for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

They could give the Loptyr tome a weapon triangle reversal effect to keep the theme in tact while preserving the color of dark/fire mages.  Although personally I feel this is an unlikely solution given how hard IS has pushed the importance of the weapon triangle in this game. 

Hide contents

they could make him have dragon affinity.  If I recall, Julius the person ceased to be the moment he touched the book of Loptyr, and his body and will have been possessed by Loptyr itself.  As far as the events of FE4's second generation are concerned, Julius and Loptyr are one and the same.  So while he would be red, Julia would at least get SE damage against him.  It's still kind of dubious given that Julius's body is still human, but eh, dragon emblem could use a range option.

I don't know if there's any easy solution to Julius's implementation short of forgoing the theme altogether, or just making him a blue mage instead.  Interestingly, the "flash" that appears before Julia casts Naga is blue, instead of green like every other green tome.  It's possible Julia was originally intended to be a blue mage, but was changed to green for some reason. 

I always thought that Naga should have been Blue, since Blue seems like more of a Light Magic color and has the WTA over Red.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I always thought that Naga should have been Blue, since Blue seems like more of a Light Magic color and has the WTA over Red.

They've kind of dropped the ball with light magic in general.  For it to be neglected this long is puzzling, to say the least.

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You take them off his cold, dead feet.  You give the order to kill him, and presto, you get Boots.

Makes me wonder where all the other pairs of Boots in the series came from. I recall Tauroneo handing Micaiah a pair in RD, I hope he didn't "fetch" them himself. Though I can see the pair you get for stealth operations in Revelation coming from some random person who tripped into the Bottomless Canyon and "lent" them to Valla.

...Oh god! Anna! What in Naga's name do you engage in!?! There are Secret Shops in FE1 and FE6 that sell Boots with no end!

7 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

They've kind of dropped the ball with light magic in general.  For it to be neglected this long is puzzling, to say the least.

RIP Lucius

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  Hide contents

Makes me wonder where all the other pairs of Boots in the series came from. I recall Tauroneo handing Micaiah a pair in RD, I hope he didn't "fetch" them himself. Though I can see the pair you get for stealth operations in Revelation coming from some random person who tripped into the Bottomless Canyon and "lent" them to Valla.

...Oh god! Anna! What in Naga's name do you engage in!?! There are Secret Shops in FE1 and FE6 that sell Boots with no end!

Blazing Blade stuck them in Zephiel's Castle, Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance had them lost in the desert...

Oh gods... there are bones in the 4x3 the SS Swiftsoles are found in...

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I’m dreading for Micaiah.

She will the first staff user to just get Ardent Sacrifice as her only source of healing.

2 hours ago, Logos said:

If Loptyr was ever a tome in this game do you guys think it would be Red, Blue or Green?

Neon pink with yellow sparkles

Probably red, since Naga's green.  That's assuming I remember my FE4 endgame lore correctly.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I’m going to set up a livestream of myself flipping tables.

Does that mean I get to do fun things to your account if this happens and there's no livestream? :P:

18 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I don't they're going to ever mitigate WoT advantage, not even CA 3 can do that. I do think it is entirely possible that they could make it a green tome, instead of red, just as much as the reverse. 50/50 chance of them wanting to stick to the games, or not. I personally want them to stick to the games. This is what I want Loptyr to be: 

(Blue/Red) Loptyr: Mt:14 Eff: Grants Res+5, while at HP ≥ 50%. If unit receives consecutive attacks, damage from second attack onward reduced by 50%. Effective against dragons.

How broken could it be?

I’m going to set up a livestream of myself flipping tables.

Micaiah level 40 5* base set

Weapon: Absorb

Assist: Ardent Sacrifice

A Skill: Defiant Res 3

C Skill: Spur Res 3

HP: 38
Atk: 26
Spd: 25
Def: 22
Res: 36

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Does that mean I get to do fun things to your account if this happens and there's no livestream? :P:

Define “fun”.

I’m still sort of pissed by treatment of Lachesis and Lucius, even though a boatload of time has already passed. Lachesis is sort of justifiable by her able to spam staves to level up quickly, but Lucius can’t even use them in his base class!

Now with the imminent Genealogy banner (which I predict to have Ethlyn because why not) the troubadour precedent is going to resurface. And I am even sort of fine with a staffbot Ethlyn if Leif actually gets the light brand down the line.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So in other words, Wrys with less HP and ever-so-slightly better offense. I see nothing wrong with this kappa.

13 minutes ago, Logos said:

Yeah I don't they're going to ever mitigate WoT advantage, not even CA 3 can do that. I do think it is entirely possible that they could make it a green tome, instead of red, just as much as the reverse. 50/50 chance of them wanting to stick to the games, or not. I personally want them to stick to the games. This is what I want Loptyr to be: 

(Blue/Red) Loptyr: Mt:14 Eff: Grants Res+5, while at HP ≥ 50%. If unit receives consecutive attacks, damage from second attack onward reduced by 50%. Effective against dragons.

How broken could it be?

Arvis with that requires aproximately 42/32 and simmilar bulk to survive standard 60 atk Reinhardt. 

The only mage that comes close to 42/32 is..... Odin. Buffed Odin to be exact. Mind if the mage had 42/27 then you give it the benchmark 33 speed you literally need Linde level defense for the mage to not be shit

Granted were talking about Reinhardt who is the most versatile unit in the game so Arvis will lose anyway 

That +5 Res is cheeky though

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

...So, is this a staff user? Staff users have a Special and only one passive.

All they have to do for Loptyr is to give it the effect "counts as [red breath] for weapon triangle affinity and effective damage calculation". This gives Naga and Loptyr an effective 1.2× damage to each other.

In my Grand Future Plan for this game, Petrine's Flame Lance would have Distant Counter and "counts as [red tome] for weapon triangle affinity when attacking at range", and Leaf's Light Sword would similarly have Distant Counter and "counts as [blue tome] for weapon triangle affinity when attacking at range".

But Arvis never uses Loptyr.

Snap!

Uhhh alternate history.... thing?

Where Loptyr now had degraded so much it dont require Major anymore

I guess

Derp

(Honestly just make it Killer Tome with Distant Defense and you have an almost Cellica level cancer)