• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That banner has none of Wrath, Armor March, or Steady Breath.

these Armors are on the March, filling you with Wrath, so you better take a Steady Breath to calm yourself down

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Yeah... No new GHB last month. I love the BHB because those orbs are NICE. But I don't think I like them more or less than the GHB. Those new characters are always sweet. Let's pretend Berkut is better than he is. I'd love to get a Tellius GHB. Oliver would probably be a really good choice for a PoR villain. But I suppose we did just get the BK. If I had to guess, we'll get another BHB before a GHB. But I've got my fingers crossed for Arvis sooner rather than later.

I would live to get Oliver.  Even though he's a Bishop, it would be cool to have him as the first unit with Nosferatu.  Something like a 10 Might tome that has built in Daylight.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Armor banner!

Featuring Draug, Wendy & Sheena

Featuring Wendy with her proper name and better art.

14 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Why am I being pinged?

pinging you is good civilization

@SatsumaFSoysoy @SatsumaFSoysoy @SatsumaFSoysoy @SatsumaFSoysoy @SatsumaFSoysoy @SatsumaFSoysoy @SatsumaFSoysoy @SatsumaFSoysoy @SatsumaFSoysoy @SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Ping machine ?roke

aaaa Training Tower quests are so boring.

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

these Armors are on the March, filling you with Wrath, so you better take a Steady Breath to calm yourself down

I would put a middle finger ASCII art here, but I'm not good at ASCII art.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I would live to get Oliver.  Even though he's a Bishop, it would be cool to have him as the first unit with Nosferatu.  Something like a 10 Might tome that has built in Daylight.

Nosferatu has always been light magic. It was only in Elibe and Magvel that it was dark magic for some weird reason.

Awakening and Fates are wrong anyways and therefore don't actually count.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Featuring Wendy with her proper name and better art.

I like her art, though.

18 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Roderick and Luke would be super cool!!! And it'd be fabulous to get the chance to pull for them. I'm still on the lookout for a +SPD Rody...and a non -ATK Luke. RIP. An all blue Moonbow banner would be hilarious though.

Now that I know Luke is actually a decent unit, I wouldn't mind another chance at getting him. I do have a +Spd Roderick though, and I can confirm that he's pretty fun. Shares a VA with Seliph too, which is an instant plus for me. I wish you luck in getting them if they are up next.

11 minutes ago, r_n said:

Armor banner!

Featuring Draug, Wendy & Sheena

Better yet, why not a banner with Hector, Amelia, and Sheena? It would go great with the Moonbow banner featuring Ephraim, Nephenee, and Odin.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I like her art, though.

And I like her "new" name. Why does everyone pick on poor (G)Wendy? :(

3 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Because I don't see why NoA seems to dislike nickname-like names for their characters. Why discriminate against people who prefer to be called by a nickname instead of by their legal name?

First Mordy→Mordecai, then Eddie→Edward, and now we have Rody→Roderick and Wendy→Gwendolyn.

But Luke gets a free pass despite the fact that Lucas hasn't yet been taken. Same with Genny.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Has any weapon had a Special built into though? That would create headaches I feel since then the game would have two cooldowns to monitor. Offensively that might be too good too. Although it might make the defensive Specials more useful if the weapon already packs a nuke.

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

It's the product of FE's caste system. In FE6 she was born into near total uselessness and abject unworthiness of being raised, and the stigma of her atrociousness has not left her even in a world where her FE6 origins don't matter at all. It's a sad thing, be merciful and convert her soul to Feathers so that she may become part of some high caste character's arsenal.

41 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It seems like every GHB has been featured in some way or had some connection to a recent Banner.  There's the rumored Arvis GHB, but I can't imagine that coming out before the rumored FE4 Banner.  There could be a Tellius GHB with like Ashnard or Petrine or something.  Or maybe they'll do another Bound Hero Battle to hold out until Arvis.  They've really slowed down on the GHBs after doing them every couple weeks for several months.  We've only had Valter  in the last couple months haven't we?  We didn't get one at all during September.

Either they're looking for ways to prolong the lifespan of this game, or they're taking their time designing new battles. Probably a combination of both. The first few months of Heroes were intentionally very Grand Heroic to lure people in. Now that they have you by the orbs, you're here to stay and they can take it slow.

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

and better art.

Dare I say one could make that argument with practically every Heroes char? Maybe not all by the same person at once, but methinks none of the artwork is totally above criticism. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

54 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'd almost be okay with that just because I will never 5-star Virion, so this would be the only way I'd ever see his level 40 conversation. And making a GHB unit pullable for a limited time only would actually be kinda neat, unless they just did two characters.

Wow you’re really optimistic aren’t you

But real talk, I think a great skill fodder banner would be Heroes with Reposition. Spur Atk, Brave Axe, Triangle Adept, and a 3 Mov Brave Mage? Sounds great to me.

45 minutes ago, Othin said:

Do people even still use physical infantry units?

Ephraim was one of my first 5* units and a mainstay on my arena teams. Now that he has a merge and an S support with Tharja +1 he’s been seeing even more use.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I like her art, though.

But those boots.

They are so painful to look at.

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

But those boots.

So she thinks she's in Awakening.

Well, the only thing that could bother me about them are the heels, but you can't see them most of the time, so it doesn't really matter.

37 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nosferatu has always been light magic. It was only in Elibe and Magvel that it was dark magic for some weird reason.

I like her art, though.

I can't speak for the Japanese name for Nosferatu, but being a synonym for vampire and its effect being to suck the life out of one lifeform to heal yourself seems very necromancy and dark magic to be.

I don't like to throw the word anorexic around, but her waist makes me wince and she seems sort of stretched vertically.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because I don't see why NoA seems to dislike nickname-like names for their characters. Why discriminate against people who prefer to be called by a nickname instead of by their legal name?

First Mordy→Mordecai, then Eddie→Edward, and now we have Rody→Roderick and Wendy→Gwendolyn.

But Luke gets a free pass despite the fact that Lucas hasn't yet been taken. Same with Genny.

I'm not sure why they hate names like that.  Luke is a bona fide name on it's own, going back to the Bible.  Plus it would cause confusion with Lukas.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Has any weapon had a Special built into though? That would create headaches I feel since then the game would have two cooldowns to monitor. Offensively that might be too good too. Although it might make the defensive Specials more useful if the weapon already packs a nuke.

It's the product of FE's caste system. In FE6 she was born into near total uselessness and abject unworthiness of being raised, and the stigma of her atrociousness has not left her even in a world where her FE6 origins don't matter at all. It's a sad thing, be merciful and convert her soul to Feathers so that she may become part of some high caste character's arsenal.

Either they're looking for ways to prolong the lifespan of this game, or they're taking their time designing new battles. Probably a combination of both. The first few months of Heroes were intentionally very Grand Heroic to lure people in. Now that they have you by the orbs, you're here to stay and they can take it slow.

Dare I say one could make that argument with practically every Heroes char? Maybe not all by the same person at once, but methinks none of the artwork is totally above criticism. 

It could just always activate Daylight, hence the lower Might compared to other personal tomes.  We've already got weapons with a Breath of Life Effect.  I guess they could just do that, too.

Maybe it's hard to design the GHBs, but we certainly aren't at risk of running out of villains any time soon.

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

But those boots.

That waist.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's a fair point. Although most of the characters they changed don't really strike me as being interested in using nicknames. Especially Roderick; I feel that it better matches his New Mystery portrayal while contrasting well with Luke's.

21 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yeah, I can understand why she's picked on in reference to FE6 specifically. Although I kinda like using her in FE6; I used her in my first playthrough (because I had no idea who was good and who wasn't) when I used savestates, and it's become a sort of tradition to use her even on my physical copy of FE6. That doesn't mean I'm defending her as a unit there though, she's definitely far from the best.

22 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Wow you’re really optimistic aren’t you

It's the only reason I was okay with getting a 5-star Eliwood from the mini Tempest Trial banner. Getting Lyn in the same session also helped, of course.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Except Luke is a full name on its own. How do I know? It's my name.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I can't speak for the Japanese name for Nosferatu, but being a synonym for vampire and its effect being to suck the life out of one lifeform to heal yourself seems very necromancy and dark magic to be.

The Japanese for Nosferatu is Resire (from the Latin Redire- "to return" I believe). Japan does have a Nosferatu in the GBA games, but in English we call it Fenrir.

This said, the NA use of Nosferatu worked in the short-term with the GBA games, it's Tellius where the name became an oddity with the HP drain spell being Light again. Redire sounds perfectly fine as a tome for me, since Latin is all fancy and elegant and in the context of Light magic has a whole religious element it can take advantage of. Latin also works decently for occult of a gothic kind too regarding Dark, so I wouldn't have minded if NoA had gone with Redire back in the day instead.

There is a little irony here in that the first character ever to be translated out of Japan goes by a nickname everywhere.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Japanese for Nosferatu is Resire (from the Latin Redire- "to return" I believe). Japan does have a Nosferatu in the GBA games, but in English we call it Fenrir.

This said, the NA use of Nosferatu worked in the short-term with the GBA games, it's Tellius where the name became an oddity with the HP drain spell being Light again. Redire sounds perfectly fine as a tome for me, since Latin is all fancy and elegant and in the context of Light magic has a whole religious element it can take advantage of. Latin also works decently for occult of a gothic kind too regarding Dark, so I wouldn't have minded if NoA had gone with Redire back in the day instead.

Light Magic draining life makes more sense than Water burning right?

Right?

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

+Res helps her fight mages, but that's a major problem after Lightning Breath+ only. Moreover, she's already dealing with Reiny as a +Spd, which is allowing her to avoid doubles. I'm tempted to say more Res is just a dump stat for her- and since you're not giving her a Resistance-type Ploy, I question whether she needs more of it.

You have a good point, specially if she'll be with Ninian and be favored of Fortify Dragons. By then, I can give Hone Spd to any other mamkute and let her reach 35 spd!

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

There is a little irony here in that the first character ever to be translated out of Japan goes by a nickname everywhere.

Who's that?