Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lowen×Ilyana, the OTP of this series.

He who is defined by cooking and she who is defined by eating. Stuff of dreams.

Wait, so if Stahl is defined by both... Does that make him the spawn of this OTP?

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No problemo! Jill can grab an axe, it was her daddy's favorite weapon, and Haar's too. Eda would be fine, give her trainee BST to counterbalance her with her brother and his Dragon Lance.

Groom Banner first! How long will Eliwood be kept at the altar? He is awaiting thy kiss!

Thracia should just only add units that are siblings from now on. Which really shouldn't be that hard, considering how many sibling duos are in that game, and most if not all of them are brother and sister to boot.

Twist: Next wedding banner will have Ninian, Hector, Roy, and Cecilia. IS will finally take an official stance on which ships are superior.

Edited by DefaultBeep

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

32 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Regarding Altena: anyone is usable with enough personal bias. Even in FE4.

I agree that Awakening and Fates should probably start getting more (permanent) units after the first year, and not before. I like to hope that they'll at least get all of the Lords in before the first year is up, though. In that sense, Micaiah should probably be higher priority since she's actually unique to her game, while Thracia is more of a sidestory to FE4 with Leif already appearing there first. I'd like them both (and I like Leif better, although that's partially because I haven't played FE10 yet), but Leif would make a bit more sense to hold back, in my opinion.

Jill's great, but I think we all know who the best lance-wielding wyvern-rider girl is...

Eda.

I think Micaiah will be more of a priority since I think she is one of the remaining top 10 CYL units that need to be added?

At least in the female side from what I remember

edit: Oh and I guess RD Ike for the male side

Edited by mcsilas

Just now, mcsilas said:

I think Micaiah will be more of a priority since I think she is one of the remaining top 10 CYL units that need to be added?

At least in the female side from what I remember

Oh yeah, she was, wasn't she? They should probably get on that then. Seems weird to go this long without one of the apparently most popular characters in the series.

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh yeah, she was, wasn't she? They should probably get on that then. Seems weird to go this long without one of the apparently most popular characters in the series.

If they do a dual RD banner like the Alm's Army and Celica's Army, then they can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and add both RD Ike and Micaiah straight way.

So yeah Dawn Brigade and Greil Mercenaries Part 2? (RD Ike, Boyd and I guess Mia? Although Double red would be annoying but Mia seems more popular than say, Shinnon, Gatrie or Rhys. Also gender balance)

15 minutes ago, Othin said:

Celica's Army was two guys and a girl.

Even for a standalone three-character main banner, I really don't think it's fair to claim that they inherently must be majority girls rather than any of them having two guys and a girl.

Pretty sure that's the one exception in the game's history, yup. And to be honest it's a debatable one, since it's part two of an Echoes installment of six. Kind of like how they split Voting Gauntlets into two banners. But I was just making a harsh observation. I don't want to see it as a rule either because it means character inclusions from a particular game end once they run out of boobs. Fire Emblem games prior to awakening did not have 50/50 gender representation. 

4 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Pretty sure that's the one exception in the game's history, yup. And to be honest it's a debatable one, since it's part two of an Echoes installment of six. Kind of like how they split Voting Gauntlets into two banners. But I was just making a harsh observation. I don't want to see it as a rule either because it means character inclusions from a particular game end once they run out of boobs. Fire Emblem games prior to awakening did not have 50/50 gender representation. 

It'll be pretty hard to be excited for this game at the end. When we get banners like Beowulf, Chulainn, Arden and Naoise. Or Halvan, Ralph, Marty and Fred. Or Wade, Lot, Garret, and Barth.

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Shinnon

I want Shinon I want Shinon! Rolf would suffice too, he's not as deep, but cute and still kinda deep.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It'll be pretty hard to be excited for this game at the end. When we get banners like Beowulf, Chulainn, Arden and Naoise. Or Halvan, Ralph, Marty and Fred. Or Wade, Lot, Garret, and Barth.

I want Shinon I want Shinon! Rolf would suffice too, he's not as deep, but cute and still kinda deep.

Watch them somehow give you both Shinon and Rolf so you get the archer that you don't want while wading through colorless hell.

But yeah I wonder if their way of fixing colourless hell is just having more overpowered archers or ones with good skills to inherit

Edited by mcsilas

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

excuse u

I want, like, all of those characters.

Well, mostly Chulainn, Naoise, Halvan, Fred, and Marty. I like the first four, but Marty especially has the potential to be an "amazing" unit. Give him base 52 HP, 37 Atk, 16 Spd, 37 Def, and 16 Res. No one will be able to stop this Purple Dragon Mountain of a man, except for any mage in existence. And Res-targeting Leif.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

Seeing some cooky ideas for banners. Dawn Brigade? Come on, that's just one girl. Remember: New banners must have 50% or more female characters. That's been the rule since release.

Eh? Celica's first banner as well as the 3 character banners tore that "rule" to pieces months ago. 

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner PoR is more popular overall but the west side of the world seems to prefer RD Ike while Japan tends to dislike him due to his muscular appearance. It was quite noticeable during the CYL ballot when many westerners saw PoR Ike that high in the preliminary results and then RD Ike got a spike in votes to try to reach him. Still, it wasn't enough to beat Chrom nor Hector. 

Something I realised over lunch (significant Tellius spoilers):

Spoiler

All three 'batches' of Tellius characters so far have included one character of laguz descent. Sanaki for the first round, of course, Soren for the second, and the Black Knight for the third. Reckon they'll keep at it at this rate?

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Odds are she's be the only one in the bunch, yeah. I'm just wondering how much further they can go before giving us either actual laguz or no one of the sort.

I, for one, would really like for them to give us some actual laguz!

24 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Something I realised over lunch (significant Tellius spoilers):

Reveal hidden contents

All three 'batches' of Tellius characters so far have included one character of laguz descent. Sanaki for the first round, of course, Soren for the second, and the Black Knight for the third. Reckon they'll keep at it at this rate?

Spoiler

Wait really where does it say that for the last two?

I don't think I was paying attention when the last two was revealed.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

Sanaki is descended from Lehran because Micaiah and Misaha are. I don't think she's Branded, but she is of laguz descent.

Soren tells Ike in his A Support, Pelleas tells Almedha if you do some specific stuff, and Soren tells you in a random castle quote in Heroes.

The Black Knight discusses his brand with Lehran in a voiced cutscene after you kill him.

MASSIVE TELLIUS SPOILERS!

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:
  Hide contents

Soren reveals in his 5★ lvl 40 conversation, as well as a result of a very convoluted chain of events in Radiant Dawn.

Zelgius being Branded is revealed as a result of a similarly convoluted chain of events in the same game. It might even be the same chain of the same events.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:
  Hide contents

Sanaki is descended from Lehran because Micaiah and Misaha are. I don't think she's Branded, but she is of laguz descent.

Soren tells Ike in his A Support, Pelleas tells Almedha if you do some specific stuff, and Soren tells you in a random castle quote in Heroes.

The Black Knight discusses his brand with Lehran in a voiced cutscene after you kill him.

MASSIVE TELLIUS SPOILERS!

Spoiler

Okay it was the Sanaki one that confused me. I didn't remember her being branded.

and for BK, was it specified which laguz blood?

to be honest I zoned out in the later part so some spoiler stuff must have flew over my head

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:
  Hide contents

Okay it was the Sanaki one that confused me. I didn't remember her being branded.

and for BK, was it specified which laguz blood?

to be honest I zoned out in the later part so some spoiler stuff must have flew over my head

Spoiler

It might've been the case that Sanaki not being Branded despite being descended from a laguz was a plot point. As Micaiah's sister and Misaha's granddaughter, she's definitely still related to Lehran.

I don't think it's specified, but the Tellius fans trying to put a blood to a race might've pegged him as being of hawk descent? Maybe it was tiger, I don't remember.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It might've been the case that Sanaki not being Branded despite being descended from a laguz was a plot point. As Micaiah's sister and Misaha's granddaughter, she's definitely still related to Lehran.

I don't think it's specified, but the Tellius fans trying to put a blood to a race might've pegged him as being of hawk descent? Maybe it was tiger, I don't remember.

Spoiler

That reminds me of another point of favour to Micaiah as the next Lord- Sanaki still needs her sister in the game and the reason she was strangely forwarded in the Siblings banner

Back to FE5 speculation- I'm guessing Leif and Nanna are surefire in a banner. Who would accompany them? Finn?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

@phineas81707:

Hide contents

It’s Petrine who has a tiger ancestor, as stated in the artbook.

Zelgius is not elaborated, but might be of raven descent, his Spd is quite high for a knight.

Spoiler

Wow, they confirmed Petrine's but not Zelgius's? Well, I guess Petrine's blood status is less spoilery, but still...

Just now, mcsilas said:

Reveal hidden contents

That reminds me of another point of favour to Micaiah as the next Lord- Sanaki still needs her sister in the game and the reason she was strangely forwarded in the Siblings banner

Back to FE5 speculation- I'm guessing Leif and Nanna are surefire in a banner. Who would accompany them? Finn?

Mareeta or Eyvel seem most likely, both for appearing in the first chapter (although they're playable much later) and for balance. Preferably Mareeta because I'd prefer Eyvel to be her true Brigid self, but they went with Eyvel in Awakening, so it could happen here as well. And then yeah, Marty Finn seems pretty likely too, although Othin could have a chance.