Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Oh oops. I forgot about Takumi. I guess that’s CC fodder so he’s not too bad. Better than *coughcough* Mist by a long shot (why is she 5* locked...).

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Oh oops. I forgot about Takumi. I guess that’s CC fodder so he’s not too bad. Better than *coughcough* Mist by a long shot (why is she 5* locked...).

How could I forget about Takumi? Ah, that's right. Skill Inheritance

11 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Foddering off her Slow+ will be better than upgrading a Wrys for it at least. 

16 hours ago, Quintessence said:

[Questions]

1. What was (or has been) the game's best moment (can be an update transition, a period of the game)?
Skill Inheritance was a best single moment for me, especially since a lot of the earlier heroes had some meh base options. For a more "transition over a period of time" thing, the long road towards making feathers more obtainable was good.

2. Who's your favorite unit (based on gameplay, skills, stats, VA, design, whatever has the most weight to you)?
Caeda, by a long shot. She's an old favorite of mine, going back about 4-5 years, when I did a bunch of playthroughs on the FE12 translation patch. It would have been wrong to not give her the heavy favoritism treatment in Heroes. Great art & VA work is a nice bonus.

3. What has been your biggest achievement in the game (it can be content completion or unit building)?
I guess I'm pretty proud of the team-building effort that went into making my Arena cores.

4. Your favorite story chapter?
Intermission 2. I do read the story, but it doesn't really have anything that jumps out at me as "dang, that's amazing writing there", so I might as well go with the one that gives me something nice, right? If I had to judge based on the actual story, I guess Book 2, Ch. 4-5 was nice.

5. Your favorite Event (CYL, TT, VG)?
Of those three, TT, because the rewards are nice. VG is good in its own way; I like using friend units, the act of supporting the characters I like, and getting 135 easy Sacred Coins.

6. Your favorite Special Map (GHB, BHB, daily unit, special maps)?
I don't really have one.

7. Your favorite banner?
War of the Clerics Block A. idk...Battling Navarre? That's when I got the Caeda I ended up building to +10, and later merged into a +Atk/-Def one I pulled.

Edited by LordFrigid

6 hours ago, LuxSpes said:

It's a shame that 5* exclusive units are pretty much useless in arena if you care about staying in Tier 20 unless your a whale or really lucky because of how hard it is to merge up those units. Which is why if we ever get a "Pick any unit in the game to summon it" event, I'm probably picking Lucina and not another 5* I have no copy of or at low merge levels.

That's probably the whole point, to be honest.

9 hours ago, Hawk King said:

What is the rest of his build? I'm curious because I +10ed Lukas with the "every-hit-is-a-bonfire" build. He is an absolute joy to use and probably my favorite unit right now.

Brave Brash Desperation, with Death Blow because why not.  He's +Atk/-Def, so I figured I'd make the most of that!

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Brave Brash Desperation, with Death Blow because why not.  He's +Atk/-Def, so I figured I'd make the most of that!

Heh, the moments one builds whatever build to use your favorites!

Similar case with La Raquel I got yesterday. She's +def -spd and I said eww. But screw it, I gave her Fury for some sexy 32/40 defenses with Fort cavalry. That's almost manakete levels of bulk.

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Heh, the moments one builds whatever build to use your favorites!

Similar case with La Raquel I got yesterday. She's +def -spd and I said eww. But screw it, I gave her Fury for some sexy 32/40 defenses with Fort cavalry. That's almost manakete levels of bulk.

That calls for Atk Ploy in the S slot.  Or Def Ploy, I won't tell you how to live your life. :P:

31 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

That's probably the whole point, to be honest.

Oh I'm aware. I guess I could stop caring about remaining in Tier 20 and use however I want.

But I just wish we could get a repeatable, rewarding game mode where merge levels aren't a factor in your scoring that could allow me to make use of all the unmerged or low merge 5* characters that are currently gathering dust in my barracks. 

So, I pulled the new Eirika today.

My original Eirika's nature is neutral. This new Eirika's nature is neutral.

I think my Eirikas are just determined to be neutral.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Oh I'm aware. I guess I could stop caring about remaining in Tier 20 and use however I want.

But I just wish we could get a repeatable, rewarding game mode where merge levels aren't a factor in your scoring that could allow me to make use of all the unmerged or low merge 5* characters that are currently gathering dust in my barracks. 

Arena Assault! Kinda. But yeah, the system sucks.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

My Minerva is neutral. She really looked up to her brother.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Arena Assault! Kinda. But yeah, the system sucks.

The arena assault sucks.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

So, I pulled the new Eirika today.

I think my Eirikas are just determined to be neutral.

lol, my Fredericks wound up similar, except with +Def, -Spd rather than neutral. Freddy just didn't ever want extra speed for me and wanted more bulk instead lol. But I'm gonna make them get it! I plan to eventually use a +Def, -Res regular Freddy, and for Summer Freddy, I want one that at least isn't -Atk or -Spd when he gets to return.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Meanwhile, I've still gotta grind the Eirika I got this morning.  

Fury on L'Arachel is something I find very funny for whatever reason.  It's like she's in 24/7 Ephraim support mode.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Interesting. Still think she should've been a healer while Lucius should've been a blue tome, but at least she's great for you in this form, right? This also reminds me I need to eventually find ways to actually complete Squad Assault challenges...

1. What was (or has been) the game's best moment (can be an update transition, a period of the game)?

I think the addition of Tempest Trials for me. If I recall, I was peeved at the game for starting on its slant towards female characters (FE2 banner weighted and then full bridal banner had just occurred), but this brought me back into the game at a time I really wasn't feeling it. 

2. Who's your favorite unit (based on gameplay, skills, stats, VA, design, whatever has the most weight to you)?

I can't decide between Inigo and Shigure. Basically, this is the moment the game gave me something I had desperately wanted to see in the original games - the boys getting to dance/sing, like they both wanted. I loved the designs and the voice acting for them, too. I have other units I love, but none of them actually fulfilled something I had wanted to see for so long. This is what Heroes is about, to me. 

3. What has been your biggest achievement in the game (it can be content completion or unit building)?

I don't really have one. All my goals are on-going... Though I did place very highly in the first original Tempest Trials, so I guess that could be it? 

4. Your favorite story chapter?

I guess, overall, the latest one has to be it. I especially love that they didn't forget Xander, and they had Alfonse coming into his own, since it's annoyed me to hear so many people slate him when he isn't a bad character. He's no more or less generic than his sister, honestly... I don't think either of them particularly stand out as units, but that's just me. This really showed some of his character and I think made people stop being so down on him. 

Other moments for me included the speech Seth gave to Xander and Veronica... and I loved the moment where Bruno and Veronica had a tea party. 

5. Your favorite Event (CYL, TT, VG)?

TT is mine. I actually don't like Chain Challenge, but I enjoy TT. It's a bit odd. I prefer new Squad Assaults overall (but more when they don't add timed or reinforcement maps... man, I hate those). 

6. Your favorite Special Map (GHB, BHB, daily unit, special maps)?

GHB. I love getting a guaranteed new character and I love seeing the interpretations of that particular unit's map. It's pretty well done. 

I do like daily unit, but they're useless once you've done them all. They never got changed or refreshed, which is sad. 

Special maps are good and provide a fun challenge. I really like those :)

BHBs are my least favourite. It feels, to me, like they take up a place of a GHB and they are rerun far too often for my tastes. Several BHBs have been rerun already when certain GHB units are still awaiting their first rerun. It makes no sense to me. 

7. Your favorite banner?

Hands down Performing Arts. As I said above, this is the moment the game managed to give me something I had wanted to see for so long - a dancing Inigo (and a singing Shigure, but Inigo came first). Not to mention, I had so many orbs saved up and managed to get all of the units, including Azura and Olivia, who were so beautifully designed. It was a success all round. 

...Now if they can only add Kent into it. That'll be my joint favourite banner. They can have an alt Lyn for all I care if Kent was just added (and not on the same colour as her). 

...And a groom Kent... Would happily murder for that. Never going to happen, but a girl can dream ^.^ - a seasonal Kent would instantly be my new favourite banner, no question xD 

15 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Meanwhile, I've still gotta grind the Eirika I got this morning.  

Fury on L'Arachel is something I find very funny for whatever reason.  It's like she's in 24/7 Ephraim support mode.

Righteous fury ridding the world of evil

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Interesting. Still think she should've been a healer while Lucius should've been a blue tome, but at least she's great for you in this form, right? This also reminds me I need to eventually find ways to actually complete Squad Assault challenges...

With the buff staff users got, I wouldn't have minded her as a staff user, but she works this way, too.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

With the buff staff users got, I wouldn't have minded her as a staff user, but she works this way, too.

Yeah, true, it just bugs me that IS thought it made sense to have a dude who started out as tome wielder be a healer but a healer who started out as only a healer should be a tome wielder. :/

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Righteous fury ridding the world of evil

While also screaming about bared shoulders.

My new headcanon is that's what your L'Arachel is getting stats from.  She saw Eph's shoulder and went into rampage mode.

17 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

You guys.

This is what I want in FEH. Raid battles. Also, sick graphics

That would be FUCKING SWEET and open the doors for battles inspired by battles from across FE history, but... I'd have to say we need maps to be expanded beyond the 6x8 grids we have at the moment before their full potential can be realized...

55 minutes ago, Coolmanio said:

You guys.

This is what I want in FEH. Raid battles. Also, sick graphics

Gimme gimme gimme! With Athos! No, Bramimond!

40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That would be FUCKING SWEET and open the doors for battles inspired by battles from across FE history, but... I'd have to say we need maps to be expanded beyond the 6x8 grids we have at the moment before their full potential can be realized...

But yeah, having to work with smartphones being the intended play device (I'd use a tablet when the day finally comes- I'm the anti-Ike, I don't leave once all is good, I come once all is good), is what restricts the size of battle maps. Well pick and play in short bursts being the intended play format as well, but that can be worked around and expanding map size wouldn't make battles way too much longer. Plus the game could always quicksave after every move in a fight, like it does normally in FE, and is very common with iOS games.