Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

We need more Oboro quest. This was freaking easy when you have 6 Oboros wanting to give you these 5 orbs (orbs for wasting in another failed search of Innes since I'm going to end with another character I don't want instead of him).

But I just wonder if the Quickened pulse seal is going to return one day... Looks like a no, do I lost it forever?

Eh btw, small question. I really want an infantry red mage, since my only red mage is Leo, and since Summer!Leo doesn't want to come to me... I was thinking in promoting someone. But... I only have these options: Henry (+spd-def and neutral), Raigh (neutral and +Atk-Res), -Atk Tharja and Sophia (one is +spd-def and the other is +def-res). is any one usable or I keep waiting for another red mage?

I had a -Atk Tharja and she was still usable. I will say that +Spd -Def Sophia seems bad because even with +Spd, she's not fast at all :/

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, SniperGYS said:

Eh btw, small question. I really want an infantry red mage, since my only red mage is Leo, and since Summer!Leo doesn't want to come to me... I was thinking in promoting someone. But... I only have these options: Henry (+spd-def and neutral), Raigh (neutral and +Atk-Res), -Atk Tharja and Sophia (one is +spd-def and the other is +def-res). is any one usable or I keep waiting for another red mage?

Unless you need a red mage ABSOLUTELY RIGHT NOW, keep waiting.  And if you one ABSOLUTELY RIGHT NOW, that +Atk Raigh is probably your best option, but he will need a better weapon. . .which means promoting someone else, which means that your best option is once again, waiting.  Henry wants +Atk, not +Spd, -Atk Tharja is something like 29 base Atk (yes, that's on par with Leo, but I really don't think it's worth the feather investment), and Sophia really wants -Spd.

In other news, I think having half the users of a weapon locked behind 5* is lame (besides dragons, which is a really small sample size).

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

I had a -Atk Tharja and she was still usable. I will say that +Spd -Def Sophia seems bad because even with +Spd, she's not fast at all :/

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Unless you need a red mage ABSOLUTELY RIGHT NOW, keep waiting.  And if you one ABSOLUTELY RIGHT NOW, that +Atk Raigh is probably your best option, but he will need a better weapon. . .which means promoting someone else, which means that your best option is once again, waiting.  Henry wants +Atk, not +Spd, -Atk Tharja is something like 29 base Atk (yes, that's on par with Leo, but I really don't think it's worth the feather investment), and Sophia really wants -Spd.

In other news, I think having half the users of a weapon locked behind 5* is lame (besides dragons, which is a really small sample size).

I'm not in a hurry so I can wait, maybe a 4*Lilina can show up later.

All my options are bad right? I'm just actually unlucky with some stuffs but I have good luck with others (like summoning normal Leo when he wasn't a focus). I think Leo can keep doing the red mage job (he is +Atk so I think is at least good).

Speaking of Red Mages I've been considering getting rid of my +Def -Spd Katarina by either passing Swift Sparrow or Rauđrowl+ to someone else. The other Red Mages I have are Rauđrblade+ Lilina (4☆ +Spd, -Def), Sophia (+Def, -Spd), Tharja (+Spd, -Def) and Leo (+Res, -Spd). The ones I use most are Tharja and Leo because they've been partially or fully SI'd while the others need training. Katarina having 31 base spd is kinda eh.

After going through my 5* units again, promoting a spare Subaki for Quick Riposte 3 to give Xander, having promoted Camus and Ursula a couple days ago, and just looking at the units I have, I don't think I will 5* anyone at the moment outside of for 5*-only skills. I feel like I don't have anyone at the moment who would really benefit me if they were a 5*. Ursula only got promoted so I could beat infernal Valter, otherwise, she would have stayed as a 4* for the rest of her life.

As bad as my luck with red mages is, there is nobody I would want to 5* and the considered very good mages like Celica, Katarina, and Sanaki? Yeah, they're 5*-only, so it becomes a moot point. Tharja is the only one that I would consider, but -blade tomes can get so much damage that 4* mages are fine. Similar case with archers, but I'd be okay with getting a +Atk, -Spd Gordin, getting him to 4* if he hasn't already, and dumping Death Blow 3 on him.

The only units I would want to promote to 5* if and when they appear in the future as GHBs, random summons, or whatever would be a +Atk, preferably -Spd Reinhardt, an axe knight preferably with a legendary, a knight with a built-in Distant Counter weapon, a Distant Counter axe unit -- cavalry, flyer, knight, infantry, whatever --, an archer with at least 34 base attack, a cavalry, knight, or flying archer, a knight or flying mage, a red cavalry or flying mage, a green dancer, or a sword flyer preferably with high defense (and attack). Ignoring Reinhardt, basically any unit whose niche isn't covered like we don't have a sword flyer who is a physical tank because we only have Caeda and Palla.

The best part is I could namedrop all the units I would want from that list and most of them would make sense as GHBs. Gee, I wonder how we should introduce Ashnard? It's not like he's a boss or anything. Oh. Wait.

Edited by Kaden

45 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Speaking of Red Mages I've been considering getting rid of my +Def -Spd Katarina by either passing Swift Sparrow or Rauđrowl+ to someone else. The other Red Mages I have are Rauđrblade+ Lilina (4☆ +Spd, -Def), Sophia (+Def, -Spd), Tharja (+Spd, -Def) and Leo (+Res, -Spd). The ones I use most are Tharja and Leo because they've been partially or fully SI'd while the others need training. Katarina having 31 base spd is kinda eh.

31 Speed turns into 35 when Swift Sparrow's around.  It's not the absolute best, but it's functional.  And -owl is pretty amusing, IMO.

Of the other mages, you're better off with Death Blow on Sophia/Leo/Lilina, and Tharja's fine with Darting Blow.  Though if I could put Swift Sparrow on any mage, it would be either Soren or Summer Elise.

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

And after twenty tries, I have finished the armor emblem quest. Due to a brave lance Effie and refreshing the tenth stratum for an encounter with three units. Next is the last of the August quest I have still yet to complete. 

I'm honestly surprised they didn't make us spend a Stamina point or something to refresh the Training Tower.  Training Selena is so much easier when I can just refresh until no Blues show up.

1 minute ago, Lushen said:

How long was the last FEH Channel?  This one's only less than 10min.

The last one was 17 minutes. It had a lot of stuff for the 6-month mark, so it makes sense for this one to be shorter.

8 minutes ago, Othin said:

The last one was 17 minutes. It had a lot of stuff for the 6-month mark, so it makes sense for this one to be shorter.

Oh, for some reason I was remembering over 30min.  <10min doesn't sound so bad now.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

31 Speed turns into 35 when Swift Sparrow's around.  It's not the absolute best, but it's functional.  And -owl is pretty amusing, IMO.

Of the other mages, you're better off with Death Blow on Sophia/Leo/Lilina, and Tharja's fine with Darting Blow.  Though if I could put Swift Sparrow on any mage, it would be either Soren or Summer Elise.

Thing is it makes her heavily rely on adjacencies to function consistently good. I like that she can tank green magic, has atk ploy and can bam stuff with Glacies. I guess I'll just wait for another banner where she appears.

My plans with the other red mages are making Sophia a Raven tank with TA3 and Swordbreaker. I haven't figured an A skill for Leo but I guess Fury will do well with Quick Riposte and Clarine/Priscilla. Idk about Lilina but I'll find out eventually. Oh and I have a +Atk -Res Sanaki that has Dragon Fang.

51 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm honestly surprised they didn't make us spend a Stamina point or something to refresh the Training Tower.  Training Selena is so much easier when I can just refresh until no Blues show up.

I trained them by couples with Olivia and Clarine (Fort Res 2 because Fort Cav isn't applicable). First it was Raigh ans Artur, then Matthew and Oboro and then Oboro and Selena. The last two did CC 1-2 normal mode and got mw the last rewards. Also, it's glorious that Clarine got so much SP that she learnt Escape Route 2 and halfway to 3.

Edited by Quintessence

33 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Thing is it makes her heavily rely on adjacencies to function consistently good. I like that she can tank green magic, has atk ploy and can bam stuff with Glacies. I guess I'll just wait for another banner where she appears.

My plans with the other red mages are making Sophia a Raven tank with TA3 and Swordbreaker. I haven't figured an A skill for Leo but I guess Fury will do well with Quick Riposte and Clarine/Priscilla. Idk about Lilina but I'll find out eventually. Oh and I have a +Atk -Res Sanaki that has Dragon Fang.

I trained them by couples with Olivia and Clarine (Fort Res 2 because Fort Cav isn't applicable). First it was Raigh ans Artur, then Matthew and Oboro and then Oboro and Selena. The last two did CC 1-2 normal mode and got mw the last rewards. Also, it's glorious that Clarine got so much SP that she learnt Escape Route 2 and halfway to 3.

I already had Oboro at level 40, so I knocked that quest out pretty easily.  I trained Matthew, Selena, Arthur, and Raigh up together, replacing them as I finished their quest, until I had my power-leveling team with just Selena left.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I already had Oboro at level 40, so I knocked that quest out pretty easily.  I trained Matthew, Selena, Arthur, and Raigh up together, replacing them as I finished their quest, until I had my power-leveling team with just Selena left.

I already had a Matthew and Raigh trained up enough to knock out the quests. Selena and Oboro I have to train but it annoys me because I had like 5 Selena's and one of them probably had a good nature, I'm stuck using a +RES/-HP one. Not like she won't just be Repo or Threaten SPD fodder later though. Selena is alright, pretty interesting even, but there are a million swords I'd rather have. As for Oboro, +SPD/-RES is pretty bad when it's 30 spd and you're still getting doubled by everything, yet somehow it's still better than my +SPD/-ATK Lukas that I swear by.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

After going through my 5* units again, promoting a spare Subaki for Quick Riposte 3 to give Xander, having promoted Camus and Ursula a couple days ago, and just looking at the units I have, I don't think I will 5* anyone at the moment outside of for 5*-only skills. I feel like I don't have anyone at the moment who would really benefit me if they were a 5*. Ursula only got promoted so I could beat infernal Valter, otherwise, she would have stayed as a 4* for the rest of her life.

As bad as my luck with red mages is, there is nobody I would want to 5* and the considered very good mages like Celica, Katarina, and Sanaki? Yeah, they're 5*-only, so it becomes a moot point. Tharja is the only one that I would consider, but -blade tomes can get so much damage that 4* mages are fine. Similar case with archers, but I'd be okay with getting a +Atk, -Spd Gordin, getting him to 4* if he hasn't already, and dumping Death Blow 3 on him.

The only units I would want to promote to 5* if and when they appear in the future as GHBs, random summons, or whatever would be a +Atk, preferably -Spd Reinhardt, an axe knight preferably with a legendary, a knight with a built-in Distant Counter weapon, a Distant Counter axe unit -- cavalry, flyer, knight, infantry, whatever --, an archer with at least 34 base attack, a cavalry, knight, or flying archer, a knight or flying mage, a red cavalry or flying mage, a green dancer, or a sword flyer preferably with high defense (and attack). Ignoring Reinhardt, basically any unit whose niche isn't covered like we don't have a sword flyer who is a physical tank because we only have Caeda and Palla.

The best part is I could namedrop all the units I would want from that list and most of them would make sense as GHBs. Gee, I wonder how we should introduce Ashnard? It's not like he's a boss or anything. Oh. Wait.

I wish I felt like that, I need feathers for so many different things. Despite that I feel like I have what I need for almost anything aside from needing more Greens for Arena Assault. But aside from that I.m good, still I need hundreds of thousands of feathers.

1. Legion
  2. Barst (+SPD/-HP)
  3. Alfonse
  4. Sharena
  5. Matthew
  6. Palla
  7. Valter
  8. Olivia
  9. Chrom
  10. Eliwood
  11. M!Robin
  12. F!Robin
  13. Michalis
  14. Ursula
  15. Reinhardt (that ISN'T -ATK)
  16. Nowi
  17. Lukas (that isn't +SPD/-ATK)
  18. Marth x5 (Yes I have 5 of them.)

That's not even considering all the tools I need for existing characters.

1. Silver Dagger+ (for Matthew)
  2. Blarblade+ (for S!Corrin)
  3. Blarblade+ (for B!Caeda)
  4. Brave Lance+ for Effie
  5. Wo Dao+ for Ogma
  6. Ruby Sword+ for Olivia
  7. Lightning Breath+ for Y!Tiki
  8. Life and Death 3 for Kagero/Ogma/Barst/B!Cordelia/Athena
  9. Quick Riposte 3 for Lukas
  10. Gronnraven+ for Soren/F!Robin
  11. Brave Bow+ for Faye
  12. Brave Axe+ for Frederick

You can never have enough feathers.

Edited by Zeo

36 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I already had a Matthew and Raigh trained up enough to knock out the quests. Selena and Oboro I have to train but it annoys me because I had like 5 Selena's and one of them probably had a good nature, I'm stuck using a +RES/-HP one. Not like she won't just be Repo or Threaten SPD fodder later though. Selena is alright, pretty interesting even, but there are a million swords I'd rather have. As for Oboro, +SPD/-RES is pretty bad when it's 30 spd and you're still getting doubled by everything, yet somehow it's still better than my +SPD/-ATK Lukas that I swear by.

Slap Fury and Bonfire on that Oboro.  Watch things die.

For Selena, train up the neutral one you get as a prize.  It's not ideal (she's best with +Atk), but it won't screw with her defensive stats.

36 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I wish I felt like that, I need feathers for so many different things. Despite that I feel like I have what I need for almost anything aside from needing more Greens for Arena Assault. But aside from that I.m good, still I need hundreds of thousands of feathers.

1. Legion
  2. Barst (+SPD/-HP)
  3. Alfonse
  4. Sharena
  5. Matthew
  6. Palla
  7. Valter
  8. Olivia
  9. Chrom
  10. Eliwood
  11. M!Robin
  12. F!Robin
  13. Michalis
  14. Ursula
  15. Reinhardt (that ISN'T -ATK)
  16. Nowi
  17. Lukas (that isn't +SPD/-ATK)
  18. Marth x5 (Yes I have 5 of them.)

That's not even considering all the tools I need for existing characters.

1. Silver Dagger+ (for Matthew)
  2. Blarblade+ (for S!Corrin)
  3. Blarblade+ (for B!Caeda)
  4. Brave Lance+ for Effie
  5. Wo Dao+ for Ogma
  6. Ruby Sword+ for Olivia
  7. Lightning Breath+ for Y!Tiki
  8. Life and Death 3 for Kagero/Ogma/Barst/B!Cordelia/Athena
  9. Quick Riposte 3 for Lukas
  10. Gronnraven+ for Soren/F!Robin
  11. Brave Bow+ for Faye
  12. Brave Axe+ for Frederick

You can never have enough feathers.

I've got enough Feathers for a few promotions, but I always have trouble deciding on what I should do first and often end up doing nothing.

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Slap Fury and Bonfire on that Oboro.  Watch things die.

For Selena, train up the neutral one you get as a prize.  It's not ideal (she's best with +Atk), but it won't screw with her defensive stats.

I only have one Bonfire fodder and my Fury fodder is fresh out. I may give Oboro Quick Riposte and run her with a healer though. All I really need is a couple of kills on Chain Challenge and I'm a free man. If she's potentially another Lukas though she may be worth investing in, but only if I get a better nature most likely.

For Selena, my +RES/-HP one isn't great, but it's still worth using her over the free one because the one I have is *4!.

6 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've got enough Feathers for a few promotions, but I always have trouble deciding on what I should do first and often end up doing nothing.

I usually have issue like that, but not in this game. I have a seriously hard time saving in this game. I'll have to be very disciplined in order to not spend feathers or orbs before this month ends. No SS unit (Amelia is really appealing) and my only S!Corrin is +DEF/-ATK. Despite that I'm saving for CYL no matter what.

9 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I only have one Bonfire fodder and my Fury fodder is fresh out. I may give Oboro Quick Riposte and run her with a healer though. All I really need is a couple of kills on Chain Challenge and I'm a free man. If she's potentially another Lukas though she may be worth investing in, but only if I get a better nature most likely.

For Selena, my +RES/-HP one isn't great, but it's still worth using her over the free one because the one I have is *4!.

Think of Oboro as a slightly more frail, faster Lukas.  She doesn't hit quite as hard, but there's a lot less things that will double her.

I like to train my units up in teams where I can, rather than as singles with a dancer. 

I happened to have a team with Valter and Virion side by side with their icons... 

They actually look somewhat related. Valter could be Virion's creepy dad xD 

Or even a Virion from the future, after the drugs have hit him hard and his hair has grown more glorious...

Edited by Cute Chao

17 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I like to train my units up in teams where I can, rather than as singles with a dancer. 

I happened to have a team with Valter and Virion side by side with their icons... 

Or even a Virion from the future, after the drugs have hit him hard and his hair has grown more glorious...

On one hand, Virion CAN reclass to the Wyvern line in Awakening, so you might have something here.

On the other hand, I happen to like Virion, and dislike Valter.

As a result, you will be banned. :P:

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

On one hand, Virion CAN reclass to the Wyvern line in Awakening, so you might have something here.

On the other hand, I happen to like Virion, and dislike Valter.

As a result, you will be banned. :P:

I shall stick with my theory until the end! 

xD 

(Although I am the same... Valter really is creepy... Maybe he's the real reason Virion fled the dukedom!)

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I shall stick with my theory until the end! 

xD 

(Although I am the same... Valter really is creepy... Maybe he's the real reason Virion fled the dukedom!)

Man, Heroes could do SO much with the various worlds and portals and whatnot.  Imagine if Virion was pushed out because he bucked Veronica, who decided to incite a riot as consequence?  I'm not sure how Valter would fit in there, but it would be quite something!

Meanwhile, I happen to have a trained Arthur, but because I don't have the freebie units needed to count on doing the GHB strats, there's no real point in me pursuing the Oboro outside the feathers... I might do it when I'm less strapped for inventory space. The SS banner's ending soon...

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Different things work for different people. The price of making a unit 5* is pretty steep compared to getting a unit to 3* to 4*, so I reserve it for units I know I will need. It still feels that way even though I came close to 100k feathers before promoted Ursula for the Valter GHB and Subaki for QR3 on Xander. Out of the 35 5* units I have had, only 6 of them were promoted and 3 of them were for skills. Xander was also promoted for an Infernal GHB, Clarisse's and Legion's re-run, and Camus just because, but mostly as insurance since 5* Camus was needed for specific strategies of Cecilia & Lilina's BHB and that decision ended up being a good one when Valter showed up. A spare Cecilia and Odin were promoted for their for skills. Aside from the 3 TT units, everyone else was just summoned through dumb luck. As for the 4* units I have, no idea, but I try to make sure every free unit I get becomes level 40 at least as a 4*.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

And now I'm thinking of the Man in the Iron Mask with Valter and Virion.

Edited by Kaden

I'm so glad I promoted my Oboro to 5-star some time ago.

Matthew, though ... ugh. The level 20 one I has a hard time doing anything.