Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

It'd be hilarious if the only free unit after the CYL stream is Bruno because a story chapter should be coming up soon. CYL units are only summonable, possible teased story banner are also only summonable, and hey, Bruno joined the army because Loki and Veronica are being evil... -er. The worst part about Bruno is other than the possibly he's Zacharias making for a lame and totally knew it plot twist is that he might end up being overshadowed by not just the CYL units, but also every currently available blue mounted mage. Reinhardt already has the distinction of his stat spread being very different from Olwen and Ursula let alone his access to Dire Thunder.

Spoiler

In 9-4 he appears with only generic units, so it's rough to compare, but starting in 10-4, he appears with heroes and he has 34 HP, 44 Atk, 37 Spd, 23 Def, and 27 Res.

In 10-4, Mist's HP was upped by 1, attack by 2, speed by 1, defense by 1, and resistance by 2; Soren's HP was upped by 2, attack by 2, speed by 2, defense by 1, and resistance by 1; and Titania's HP was upped by 2, attack by something since gamepedia is saying it's 27 total attack for some reason, speed by 2, defense by 2, and resistance by 1.

If you go with the highest number changes, then Bruno's stats without Valaskjalf, a 14 MT tome, would be 32 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 21 Def, and 25 Res. This puts him at 141 BST with 3 to 4 points remaining.

In 11-5, Lunatic Bruno has 36 HP, 46 Atk, 39 Spd, 25 Def, and 28 Res with 12-5 upping his HP to 45, but all his other stats stay the same.

In 11-5, Boey's HP was upped by 3, attack by 3, speed by 3, defense by 3, and resistance by 2; Celica's HP was upped by 3, attack by 3, speed by 4, defense by 3, and resistance by 2; Genny's HP was upped by 2, attack by 4, speed by 3, defense by 3, and resistance by 4; and Mae's HP was upped by 3, attack by 4, speed by 3, defense by 2, and resistance by 3.

Using the highest stat changes, then Bruno's stats without his weapon would be 33 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 22 Def, and 24 Res and puts him at 142 BST with 2 to 3 points remaining.

In 12-5, Clive's HP was upped by 4, attack by 3, speed by 3, defense by 3, and resistance by 2; Gray's HP was upped by 4, attack by 4, speed by 4, defense by 3, and resistance by 3; Mathilda's HP was upped by 3, attack by 3, speed by 3, defense by 3, and resistance by 4; Sonya's HP was upped by 3, attack by 4, speed by 3, defense by 2, and resistance by 3; and Tobin's HP was upped by 5, attack by 3, speed by 3, defense by 5, and resistance by 3.

In this case, then Bruno's stats without his weapon would be 40 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 20 Def, and 24 Res which puts him at 147 BST which is 2 to 3 points over what cavalry mages can have. It's probably HP, so he should be something like 37 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 20 Def, and 24 Res.

Comparing the three, his attack and speed are consistent while his defense and resistance deviate a bit from each other. I doubt he has even below average HP and that it's probably low as he probably only has that much in 12-5 because he's the boss. Putting his defense at 22 and resistance as 25, then Bruno can only have 34 HP which would make his stats be 34 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 22 Def, and 25 Res.

Compared to Olwen, he has 2 more attack and 1 more speed, but much lower resistance. Olwen has 34 HP, 26 Atk, 34 Spd, 20 Def, and 30 Res. Olwen has two trump cards up her sleeve compared to Bruno and that is Dire Thunder and access to boon and banes. If you can get a +Atk, -Res Olwen, then she would be sitting at 34 HP, 30 Atk, 34 Spd, 20 Def, and 27 Res. 1 less speed, but 2 more attack which could probably let her murder more units than Bruno.

Compared to Ursula, he has 1 less attack and 3 more speed, but also much lower resistance. Ursula has 35 HP, 29 Atk, 32 Spd, 19 Def, and 30 Res. She will lose out on some doubles, but she might be able to get more kills. Not sure. Also, we've been able to get 3 copies of Ursula, so if you wanted, you could get a 5* +3 Ursula compared to 5* +0 Bruno. If anything, both Ursula and Olwen are better for tanking magic.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

@Kaden

I couldn't care less if he's overshadowed by Reinhardt and the others. I have no interest in CYL and would be much, much more interested in Bruno joining me :) 

That being said, if one of the CYL units was offered for free, I wouldn't say no, either. I never say no to free units :D 

26 minutes ago, Kaden said:

It'd be hilarious if the only free unit after the CYL stream is Bruno because a story chapter should be coming up soon. CYL units are only summonable, possible teased story banner are also only summonable, and hey, Bruno joined the army because Loki and Veronica are being evil... -er. The worst part about Bruno is other than the possibly he's Zacharias making for a lame and totally knew it plot twist is that he might end up being overshadowed by not just the CYL units, but also every currently available blue mounted mage. Reinhardt already has the distinction of his stat spread being very different from Olwen and Ursula let alone his access to Dire Thunder.

Reveal hidden contents

In 9-4 he appears with only generic units, so it's rough to compare, but starting in 10-4, he appears with heroes and he has 34 HP, 44 Atk, 37 Spd, 23 Def, and 27 Res.

In 10-4, Mist's HP was upped by 1, attack by 2, speed by 1, defense by 1, and resistance by 2; Soren's HP was upped by 2, attack by 2, speed by 2, defense by 1, and resistance by 1; and Titania's HP was upped by 2, attack by something since gamepedia is saying it's 27 total attack for some reason, speed by 2, defense by 2, and resistance by 1.

If you go with the highest number changes, then Bruno's stats without Valaskjalf, a 14 MT tome, would be 32 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 21 Def, and 25 Res. This puts him at 141 BST with 3 to 4 points remaining.

In 11-5, Lunatic Bruno has 36 HP, 46 Atk, 39 Spd, 25 Def, and 28 Res with 12-5 upping his HP to 45, but all his other stats stay the same.

In 11-5, Boey's HP was upped by 3, attack by 3, speed by 3, defense by 3, and resistance by 2; Celica's HP was upped by 3, attack by 3, speed by 4, defense by 3, and resistance by 2; Genny's HP was upped by 2, attack by 4, speed by 3, defense by 3, and resistance by 4; and Mae's HP was upped by 3, attack by 4, speed by 3, defense by 2, and resistance by 3.

Using the highest stat changes, then Bruno's stats without his weapon would be 33 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 22 Def, and 24 Res and puts him at 142 BST with 2 to 3 points remaining.

In 12-5, Clive's HP was upped by 4, attack by 3, speed by 3, defense by 3, and resistance by 2; Gray's HP was upped by 4, attack by 4, speed by 4, defense by 3, and resistance by 3; Mathilda's HP was upped by 3, attack by 3, speed by 3, defense by 3, and resistance by 4; Sonya's HP was upped by 3, attack by 4, speed by 3, defense by 2, and resistance by 3; and Tobin's HP was upped by 5, attack by 3, speed by 3, defense by 5, and resistance by 3.

In this case, then Bruno's stats without his weapon would be 40 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 20 Def, and 24 Res which puts him at 147 BST which is 2 to 3 points over what cavalry mages can have. It's probably HP, so he should be something like 37 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 20 Def, and 24 Res.

Comparing the three, his attack and speed are consistent while his defense and resistance deviate a bit from each other. I doubt he has even below average HP and that it's probably low as he probably only has that much in 12-5 because he's the boss. Putting his defense at 22 and resistance as 25, then Bruno can only have 34 HP which would make his stats be 34 HP, 28 Atk, 35 Spd, 22 Def, and 25 Res.

Compared to Olwen, he has 2 more attack and 1 more speed, but much lower resistance. Olwen has 34 HP, 26 Atk, 34 Spd, 20 Def, and 30 Res. Olwen has two trump cards up her sleeve compared to Bruno and that is Dire Thunder and access to boon and banes. If you can get a +Atk, -Res Olwen, then she would be sitting at 34 HP, 30 Atk, 34 Spd, 20 Def, and 27 Res. 1 less speed, but 2 more attack which could probably let her murder more units than Bruno.

Compared to Ursula, he has 1 less attack and 3 more speed, but also much lower resistance. Ursula has 35 HP, 29 Atk, 32 Spd, 19 Def, and 30 Res. She will lose out on some doubles, but she might be able to get more kills. Not sure. Also, we've been able to get 3 copies of Ursula, so if you wanted, you could get a 5* +3 Ursula compared to 5* +0 Bruno. If anything, both Ursula and Olwen are better for tanking magic.

You're forgetting about the next Tempest (the last datamine confirmed one for September) and, by proxy, whatever character that one will give us. There's also no telling at this point if the mid-September banner will even have Chapter 13 accompany it or whether Bruno will even become playable in that chapter to begin with.

47 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Reveal hidden contents

If we get Bruno, so help me I'm slapping Desperation and Defiant Speed on him.

44 minutes ago, r_n said:

There's also no 3* units for FE2, 4 or 5. Ok, ok, technically FE2/Echoes has Palla & est but you know what I mean.

Feel like Leif could be a 3* unit. Robin-M, Corrin-F and Eliwood are all 3 stars, so they're not against putting main "lords" in the 3* pool

FE2 had such a small cast, there aren't that many units left to add, but they could scrounge a few, like Valbar, who should have been added by now.  FE 4 and 5 haven't had a proper banner yet, but maybe they'll get some 3*s eventually.

38 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Hide contents

Having 35 Speed and Access to Blarblade and Horse Buffs would be great.  The Res drop hurts a little, but 3 extra speed gives far more killing power than 1 Attack compared to Ursula.  Olwen might be a bit better with proper nature, but she's 5* exclusive, so not everybody has her.

I wonder if they'll announce the next Gauntlet tonight, but to be honest, the stupid stacking multiplier has killed any enthusiasm I once had for them.

There was a screenshot of the Catalog of Heroes showing the max hero count as 168, compared to 164 currently. So if that screenshot is an accurate depiction of the game once it updates to add the next banner, the only characters added during that banner will be the four banner characters, not Bruno.

I do hope he becomes playable eventually, probably through a story chapter, but it doesn't seem to be happening quite yet.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

FE2 had such a small cast, there aren't that many units left to add, but they could scrounge a few, like Valbar, who should have been added by now.  FE 4 and 5 haven't had a proper banner yet, but maybe they'll get some 3*s eventually.

Having 35 Speed and Access to Blarblade and Horse Buffs would be great.  The Res drop hurts a little, but 3 extra speed gives far more killing power than 1 Attack compared to Ursula.  Olwen might be a bit better with proper nature, but she's 5* exclusive, so not everybody has her.

I wonder if they'll announce the next Gauntlet tonight, but to be honest, the stupid stacking multiplier has killed any enthusiasm I once had for them.

FE2 & FE8 have the same number of cast members (well 2 might have a few more but whatever) so it's not like they aren't in similar situations. Tatiana, Valbar, Forsyth, Python, Kamui could all make decent 3-stars

@Othin where's the screenshot from? I don't remember any new official images of the hero catalog

Edited by r_n

13 minutes ago, r_n said:

FE2 & FE8 have the same number of cast members (well 2 might have a few more but whatever) so it's not like they aren't in similar situations. Tatiana, Valbar, Forsyth, Python, Kamui could all make decent 3-stars

@Othin where's the screenshot from? I don't remember any new official images of the hero catalog

It was from when it was initially announced. I don't remember how to find it, but others might.

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

It was from when it was initially announced. I don't remember how to find it, but others might.

It was from a Reddit post though I don't remember what it was called or the username of who posted it. I do know that someone shared that post in this topic previously though.

Edited by Tybrosion

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

It was from a Reddit post though I don't remember what it was called or the username of who posted it.

How'd they get the image? Don't see how it could have been from the datamine.

I mean I guess it doesn't really matter. I don't see them adding more than the CYL units in the next update, and I can also see Bruno being streeeetched out a little more,  but I'm curious.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

No need for enthusiasm when you GET FEATHERSSSSS!!!!!!!!

If I'm less enthusiastic, I'll play less and get less feathers.

The gauntlet can be fun time to time but it feels like there's not much they can do with it without a total overhaul. Before it was so easy for things to snowball. The multipliers are good in theory but just make it a LITTLE more even and just makes it feel like you should hold onto flags until you MAYBE happen to hit the multiplier time.

13 minutes ago, r_n said:

How'd they get the image? Don't see how it could have been from the datamine.

I mean I guess it doesn't really matter. I don't see them adding more than the CYL units in the next update, and I can also see Bruno being streeeetched out a little more,  but I'm curious.

It wasn't from the datamine; it was officially posted somewhere as a preview for the catalog.

I would love for them to show us the Catalog of Heroes during the broadcast just to tease a number of units to expect. Especially if these broadcasts are going to a monthly thing. But they probably wouldn't show the Catalogue for any reason other than to announce a new feature for it.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

It wasn't from the datamine; it was officially posted somewhere as a preview for the catalog.

It wasn't on the official twitter so I wonder where it came from. The one from last stream just had 159 or so

5 minutes ago, r_n said:

It wasn't on the official twitter so I wonder where it came from. The one from last stream just had 159 or so

Yeah, when it got brought up a few days ago I checked the stream and didn't see it but then someone found it somewhere.

22 minutes ago, r_n said:

The gauntlet can be fun time to time but it feels like there's not much they can do with it without a total overhaul. Before it was so easy for things to snowball. The multipliers are good in theory but just make it a LITTLE more even and just makes it feel like you should hold onto flags until you MAYBE happen to hit the multiplier time.

The multiplier is horrible and allows a team with half the voters to steal rightful victory away from the one who should have one due to the stacking multiplier.  If I win due to it, the victory is hollow, and if I lose to it, I'm pissed off due to the stupid mechanics.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

The multiplier is horrible and allows a team with half the voters to steal rightful victory away from the one who should have one due to the stacking multiplier.  If I win due to it, the victory is hollow, and if I lose to it, I'm pissed off due to the stupid mechanics.

has this ever happened though. Usually what happens is the lesser match ups stay consistent and just swap periodically (which absolutely would have happened chrom vs ephiram) or the clear winner runs away with it so hard that the other side's constant multipliers can't catch up at all.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

eh, I'd take a totally random result thanks to the multiplier over results people can guess before the gauntlet even starts

at least it's a little interesting that way instead of just tharja or whoever getting a million points and beating everyone she's up against

35 minutes ago, r_n said:

has this ever happened though. Usually what happens is the lesser match ups stay consistent and just swap periodically (which absolutely would have happened chrom vs ephiram) or the clear winner runs away with it so hard that the other side's constant multipliers can't catch up at all.

It happened twice last Gauntlet.  Gaius should have lost the first and second round, but only won due to the multiplier.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It happened twice last Gauntlet.  Gaius should have lost the first and second round, but only won due to the multiplier.

I can see him winning by the multiplier but do you really think gaius had that much fewer people backing him

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

I can see him winning by the multiplier but do you really think gaius had that much fewer people backing him

Yes, I'm not sure if I could find the graph again.  It was posted on the Gauntlet thread a few times.  Gaius and Frederick was a bit closer, but Gaius had about half the voters Leo had.