• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Hell, I'm guessing they'll even find a way to shoehorn in bigger villains, like Loki. (Probably as a red dragon.)

Loki is totally going to betray Veronica and she'll have a temper tantrum and end up joining the heroes since she wants revenge. As this happens, somehow Sharena gets to her and Veronica slowly, but surely, becomes friendlier. Helps that Bruno, her brother, is stable whenever whatever isn't making very angry and murderous, Sharena is nice, and there's a fluffy owl she can hug. Oh, and Loki isn't there to be a manipulative jerk.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Awakening has four bosses who seemingly die during the main story and then can be recruited as bonus units through Paralogues. One is from an alternate timeline, one seems to have come back from the dead somehow, and as far as I remember, the other two just turn out to have survived their battles with no real explanation given.

Yeah, I know. I just never completed the game. I'm someone who doesn't get bother by spoilers, but some people do, so I left out exactly who.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Rezzy As in I only have Sanaki in my second account, so whenever I was on there, it was easier to deal with Veronica.

Also assuming she didn't die in the earlier maps (She's in Team B so if Team A fell she'd be fielded)

Ah, the thought of her being sacrificed brought a smile to my face, I will not lie.

Myself, I'm too much of a coward/completionist to rightly end my own Sanaki, thus she just sits on my bench, forever level 1.

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Ah, the thought of her being sacrificed brought a smile to my face, I will not lie.

Myself, I'm too much of a coward/completionist to rightly end my own Sanaki, thus she just sits on my bench, forever level 1.

This pretty accurately describes how I feel about my Bride!Lyn, except I do begrudgingly use her. She'll still never be forgiven for not being Cordelia though.

37 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Anyway, checked with KageroChart and had Bruno as a custom character compared to neutral Olwen and Ursula all running Blarblade+, L&D3, and Desperation and with a Hone Cavalry buff. A bit wonky since Bruno wouldn't actually be counted as a character.

Reveal hidden contents

Against everyone with their default skills and at full HP, Bruno's low HP and cruddy mixed defense shows as he gets 147 wins, 10 losses, and 7 draws while both Olwen and Ursula get 154 wins, 2 losses, and 8 draws.

In Desperation range, Bruno would get 155 wins, 2 losses, and 7 draws, the same as Olwen and Ursula if they were in Desperation range.

Against everyone with Fury 3, Bruno's higher speed gives him the advantage to Ursula where he gets 145 wins, 9 losses, and 10 draws to Ursula's 142 wins, 6 losses, and 16 draws. Olwen beats them both with 147 wins, 6 losses, and 11 draws.

In Desperation range and against everyone with Fury 3, Bruno gets 151 wins, 4 losses, and 9 draws; Olwen gets 150 wins, 4 losses, and 10 draws; and Ursula gets 145 wins, 5 losses, and 14 draws.

Anyway, Bruno really wants to be half-naked in Desperation range otherwise, he's not as good as neutral Olwen or Ursula if nobody has Fury 3 and around their range if people have Fury 3. In Desperation range, he matches them or is slightly better, especially Ursula if everyone has Fury 3. The problem I see with this is how do you get Bruno to Desperation range without him dying. He needs to he at least at 25 HP which with 34 HP and 17 defense and 20 resistance doesn't seem like an easy thing to do.

Also, neutral Reinhardt with just Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, and a Hone Cavalry buff gets 140 wins, 6 losses, and 18 draws against vanilla units and 133 wins, 8 losses, and 23 draws against Fury 3 units. "-blade tomes are overrated." - Reinhardt, 2017

If Bruno had 41 HP and 20 defense and resistance instead of 34 HP and 22 defense and 25 resistance... Same setup of Blarblade+, L&D3, and Desperation with one Hone Cavalry.

At full HP, 151 wins, 6 losses, and 7 draws against vanilla units and 146 wins, 8 losses, and 10 draws against everyone with Fury 3.

At Desperation range, 155 wins, 2 losses, and 7 draws against vanilla units and 151 wins, 4 losses, and 9 draws against everyone with Fury 3.

What changes is his full HP wins are higher.

@Kaden Veronica has Xander as her hug dispenser. As for her joining the heroes, well, the story hasn't advanced well enough for that but she's not truly evil...at the moment. Anyway, if they can't give us the normal version of Veronica, they could always give us a variant. Rookie Idol Veronica: Trying her best at making people smile but doing it so awkwardly due to her poor grasp of emotions. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

OHHH MY GOD! I just did a yolo summon on the summer banner and got a summer Corrin! She's +res/-hp and I am immediately giving her blarblade+. She will be good on my flier emblem team and regular team.

Nice. Mine is HP+/Spd- which is kind of sad, but Hone/Goad exists and she get's her job done.

Anyways, what's up with blue breakers being locked to 4* GHB units? Arthur exists but only has Lance Breaker 3 at 5*. Axe/Gtome Breakers are on fairly common 3*-4* units, while Sword Breaker is available on a 4-5* and Rtome on a 3*-4*. I see blues the most (mainly cause of Azura and Rein) so getting a new character after CYL with a blue breaker would be nice.

11 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@Kaden Veronica has Xander as her hug dispenser. As for her joining the heroes, well, the story hasn't advanced well enough for that but she's not truly evil...at the moment. Anyway, if they can't give us the normal version of Veronica, they could always give us a variant. Rookie Idol Veronica: Trying her best at making people smile but doing it so awkwardly due to her poor grasp of emotions. 

If Veronica is playable in the future I think her stats will be 37/34/30/20/28. Because of her balanced stats every time she is a boss. 

Rally Atk/Spd and Rally Def/Res seem very common among top-level random enemies, like the ones in the Tenth Stratum and Lunatic TT. Have they completely replaced the regular rallies among those enemies?

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Rally Atk/Spd and Rally Def/Res seem very common among top-level random enemies, like the ones in the Tenth Stratum and Lunatic TT. Have they completely replaced the regular rallies among those enemies?

I think they cost more SP, so they might have a higher value in determining OP random enemies.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Well, they're definitely harder to deal with.

55 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Nice. Mine is HP+/Spd- which is kind of sad, but Hone/Goad exists and she get's her job done.

Anyways, what's up with blue breakers being locked to 4* GHB units? Arthur exists but only has Lance Breaker 3 at 5*. Axe/Gtome Breakers are on fairly common 3*-4* units, while Sword Breaker is available on a 4-5* and Rtome on a 3*-4*. I see blues the most (mainly cause of Azura and Rein) so getting a new character after CYL with a blue breaker would be nice.

That actually really bothers me. Blue Tome breaker is mostly without consequence, but Lancebreaker is something more than a few units want and you either have to sacrifice a limited unit to get it at it's best or promote garbage to *5. 

It does help that GHB units are reliably available in multiples. If Narcian's rerun includes Lunatic and Infernal difficulties as well as another copy of him available through the quests, that'll be six copies of him available in total. I doubt I'll ever end up upgrading duplicates of him to 5* to merge, so I only need to save one, while the rest can be fodder that's reliably available. Certainly a lot more than the number of Abels I've pulled for Swordbreaker 3.

Would be nice if it didn't have to be just him, though.

32 minutes ago, Othin said:

They definitely offer better outcomes than a plain +4 on a single stat.

= EDIT =

Annd half an hour left to get the livestream! My orbs are shaking already!

Edited by Quintessence

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Oh yeah, that reminded me of something. It's weird, but part of me feels like the developers screwed up with Xander and that he might have been supposed to be a story-unlocked unit and not a GHB unit. Xander is the only character to join Veronica willingly after his contract breaks and technically, every story character including Virion if you kind of consider him story-related, but he's just in the background all the time (or in spirit if you sent him home) are unlocked by playing through the story. You get Anna in the prologue, then Virion and Matthew and Raigh off-screen who are implied to have been in the castle before you, then Alfonse, and finally, Sharena. So, let's say Bruno is unlocked in chapter 13 and at whatever chapter Veronica is unlocked. Who out of all the characters would follow Veronica if she joins your side? Xander.

By having Xander be a GHB while he still appears in Heroes' story kind of creates an issue like the Xander we have is from a different Xander from Veronica's Xander and if Xander ends up being story-unlocked then he becomes the only story unit who could have merges and been sent home, but can't be sent home anymore because he's still story-related. I don't know, weird idea I thought of.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

If Veronica is playable in the future I think her stats will be 37/34/30/20/28. Because of her balanced stats every time she is a boss. 

Veronica has higher defense than resistance in every map she's been a boss. The difficult thing is that I can't compare her stats to anyone, but Xander since all the heroes who appear with her on the last map of Dark Clouds over Awakening are random and I don't know their stats.

On lunatic 9-5, Veronica has 49 HP, 40 Atk, 29 Spd, 33 Def, and 26 Res and has her Elivagar, a 14 MT tome, Reprisal, Renewal 3, and Savage Blow 3. In Dark Clouds over Awakening, Reprisal is replaced by Bonfire making use of her high defense stat and she gains Fury 3 as her A-slot. So, she's probably going to have Renewal and Savage Blow as her passives while her special might be Reprisal or Bonfire when she's playable.

Xander on lunatic 9-5 has 47 HP, 35 Atk, 27 Spd, 42 Def, and 19 Res and has Siegfried, a 16 MT sword, Armored Blow 3, and instead of his Blazing Light special, he has Holy Vestments, and his Spur Def 3 was removed and Quick Riposte 3 put in place to give him 2 passives. So, compared to regular Xander, his HP was upped by 3, attack by 3, speed by 3, defense by 5, and resistance by 2.

If we do the same to Veronica which isn't going to work out well since there's no other units to average out or whatever, Veronica would have 46 HP, 37 Atk, 26 Spd, 28 Def, and 24 Res. Her HP was probably boosted by a lot considering she's the boss since with those stats, she has 161 BST which is ~14 points over what ranged units are supposed to have. Bosses tend to have their HP increased by ~16 points, but if I decrease her HP by 13 more, she's going to end up with 30 HP which would be pretty terrible.

I think her defense is supposed to be higher than 28, especially since Xander's was increased by 5 to make him very tough against physical units and her defense is supposed to be noticeably higher than her resistance. I'd say maybe her defense was only increased by 1 and her resistance was increased by 4 instead. That puts her at 30 HP, 37 Atk, 26 Spd, 32 Def, and 22 Res which is 147 BST.

Her HP concerns me since she would have the lowest HP for any mage and with her speed, it she might get doubled to death by a lot of units even with her high defense. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that maybe her attack is 34, speed is 24, and resistance is 19. That would be 8 points taken and slapped onto her HP, she'd have 38 HP which is all right and might be more reasonable for someone can tank physical hits. 38 HP, 34 Atk, 24 Spd, 32 Def, and 19 Res would basically make her a reverse Julia. Also, regardless of her HP, she would be the best Gronnraven+ mage since she'd have higher attack than both Boey and F!Robin while having the same defense as Boey.

Edited by Kaden

I've brought characters into the story maps where you fight them, sometimes even on the first time playing those maps. Consistency doesn't seem to be much of a thing.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Lyn is a horse archer!

yessssssss

Legendary weapons for everyone! And as with the speculation, you get to pick one to summon for free! I'm going for Lyn and then seeing if I can summon Ike via orbs.