Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So, looking up the skills and whatnot, the level of opness to me is as follows, ascending order.

Roy: Blazing Durandal is kinda so so to me, because it becomes a basic weapon when you face inflated CC units and whatnot. Built-in Heavy Blade is cool but stat inflation knocks it off. He also has Darting/Armored Blow 2, Desperation and Galeforce. The setting is really aggressivr under proper conditions.

Lucina: her weapon gives def +3 and grants combat!rally Atk/Spd to physical units 2 tiles near her, with Drive Spd 2, all of your physical units near her have Darting Blow 3 and Atk +3. She'll be a pretty good support unit. SPURS ARE NOW POPULAR

My my who's better?

I'd go with Ike first only because of being Infantry unit (however that matters a few with units like CYL Lucina and Delthea around). Being eff against fliers and cavs, reducing the 2nd consecutive enemy attack by 80%, -1 CD, Aether and null buffs on every enemy makes him a beast.

Just imagine Lyn with all them +6s, Swift Sparrow and knocking down Hectors, Ikes and sword/axe/lance DC users, and fleeing back with Reposition, Draw Back chains? Delicious. Also, magic!Nihil completely trivializes Cecilias, Reins, Olwens and Leos.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

4 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

So, looking up the skills and whatnot, the level of opness to me is as follows, ascending order.

Roy: Blazing Durandal is kinda so so to me, because it becomes a basic weapon when you face inflated CC units and whatnot. Built-in Heavy Blade is cool but stat inflation knocks it off. He also has Darting/Armored Blow 2, Desperation and Galeforce. The setting is really aggressivr under proper conditions.

Lucina: her weapon gives def +3 and grants combat!rally Atk/Spd to physical units 2 tiles near her, with Drive Spd 2, all of your physical units near her have Darting Blow 3 and Atk +3. She'll be a pretty good support unit. SPURS ARE NOW POPULAR

My my who's better?

I'd go with Ike first only because of being Infantry unit (however that matters a few with units like CYL Lucina and Delthea around). Being eff against fliers and cavs, reducing the 2nd consecutive enemy attack by 80%, -1 CD, Aether and null buffs on every enemy makes him a beast.

Just imagine Lyn with all them +6s, Swift Sparrow and knocking down Hectors, Ikes and sword/axe/lance DC users, and fleeing back with Reposition, Draw Back chains? Delicious. Also, magic!Nihil completely trivializes Cecilias, Reins, Olwens and Leos.

Roy is literally just a slightly better Cain lol, and i'm saying this as a Roy picker

Lucina is actually insane, i would probably put him above Ike. +6 ATK and +3 SPD on an Area is nothing to scoff at

Edited by JSND

I JUST HAD A THOUGHT

If Ike gets double effectiveness, guess who else can get double effectiveness? MICAIAH!

EDIT: scratch that, the English localisation team seemingly screwed up again, and Ike’s B indeed nullifies cavalry and flier buffs, not gives him effectives against them, according to @Ice Dragon.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I JUST HAD A THOUGHT

If Ike gets double effectiveness, guess who else can get double effectiveness? MICAIAH!

She'll get effectiveness against everything because she's branded :smug:

Think of it, Ike gets beorc blessing as a ways of a Lagz counter. Laguz units are cavs and fliers. Bingo!

We've had laguz units all these time and haven't been aware of it 0/10 /o\

@JSND Nah Fae is scary of these stronk Eliwoods that appear on arena.

= EDIT =

New meta: spurs, drives, panic and nihil! Yay

Edited by Quintessence

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I JUST HAD A THOUGHT

Please, Micaiah will be a staff user, as per the Lucius tradition. She's a light mage into priestess or smth. (I mean, she can still have an effective staff, but effective doesn't do much when your damage gets halved after all other calculations.)

In all seriousness, though, legendary tomes face tough competition in the form of generic -blades, even with these anti-buff skills/weapons coming out.

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@JSND Nah Fae is scary of these stronk Eliwoods that appear on arena.

Somehow you make me think that Arcadian have a boogeyman story with Eliwood as the boogeyman

"You know that greatest knight of Lycia fellow? He kills Dragons!"

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Please, Micaiah will be a staff user, as per the Lucius tradition. She's a light mage into priestess or smth. (I mean, she can still have an effective staff, but effective doesn't do much when your damage gets halved after all other calculations.)

In all seriousness, though, legendary tomes face tough competition in the form of generic -blades, even with these anti-buff skills/weapons coming out.

Melee staves with 0 Mt and CD −2 when?

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I can't wait for Valflame, Mjölnir and Forseti. They better be luxurious!

Edited by Quintessence

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I JUST HAD A THOUGHT

EDIT: scratch that, the English localisation team seemingly screwed up again, and Ike’s B indeed nullifies cavalry and flier buffs, not gives him effectives against them, according to @Ice Dragon.

Can't they do better wording? Like "Nullifies cavalry and fliers bonuses"?

Whoops double post

Edited by Quintessence

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

They should have done exactly that but hey, it’s English localisation team for you <3

Damn, now I need more gunthers for more buffs on my horseas since I'm sure I'm going to end choosing Lyn...

Why can't we have all 4 of them for free ;-; ? (you don't need to answer I know why lol)

I'm definitely going to whale on this one and get all of them, at least Ike and Lucina.

= EDIT =

During the free pick of the CYL heroes, once you tap your pokemon you get to see their portraits on the popping message. Will there be a form of checking its stats from before hand? Will they be neutral?

Edited by Quintessence

8 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

I'm definitely going to whale on this one and get all of them, at least Ike and Lucina.

= EDIT =

During the free pick of the CYL heroes, once you tap your pokemon you get to see their portraits on the popping message. Will there be a form of checking its stats from before hand? Will they be neutral?

Note that, while the guaranteed pick is guaranteed, and thus best for the character you want the most, if you just want as much as you can get, not picking Ike is probably best, given how few greens there are, meaning green orbs are more likely to be 5* focus units than other orbs. (Mind, I haven't counted the units recently, nevermind my program that does exactly that---I haven't written anything to process the data it extracts yet---so my understanding can be out of date.)

26 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Whoops double post

It doesn't nullify cavalry and flier bonuses, though. It nullifies field buffs on cavalry and fliers, which is a different thing.

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Note that, while the guaranteed pick is guaranteed, and thus best for the character you want the most, if you just want as much as you can get, not picking Ike is probably best, given how few greens there are, meaning green orbs are more likely to be 5* focus units than other orbs. (Mind, I haven't counted the units recently, nevermind my program that does exactly that---I haven't written anything to process the data it extracts yet---so my understanding can be out of date.)

That'd make Lucina/Roy the better free pick and then hunt the other ones.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It doesn't nullify cavalry and flier bonuses, though. It nullifies field buffs on cavalry and fliers, which is a different thing.

I meant the latter! Oops!

3 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

That'd make Lucina/Roy the better free pick and then hunt the other ones.

I meant the latter! Oops!

Bear in mind that, if you want Lyn, picking her to skip colorless hell is probably recommended. (Colorless has the worse units to use and the worst skill fodder.)

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Bear in mind that, if you want Lyn, picking her to skip colorless hell is probably recommended. (Colorless has the worse units to use and the worst skill fodder.)

Colorless one of the best skill fodders (Klein) but outside of him... yeah, you want to avoid those units xD.

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

You have a good point!

They should increase focus rate to 5%!

I am always in need of Hone Speed.  And a better Niles.  And Death Blow.  And Renewal.  And the Vantage/Shove combo.  And some staves, too.

Then again, I'm also in need of Seal Speed and Bowbreaker.  About the only time I truly lose on a colorless roll is when I pull Lachesis.

Just now, JSND said:

5% is a LIE

A LIE I TELL YOU

15% PLZ Kappa

I mean, we have a 100% focus pull for our first summon, this means that, if you keep your total summons low, the focus % chance is actually far, far, higher than 5% or even 15%.

I mean, we have a 100% focus pull for our first summon, this means that, if you keep your total summons low, the focus % chance is actually far, far, higher than 5% or even 15%.

But is it higher than 17%