Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I am always in need of Hone Speed.  And a better Niles.  And Death Blow.  And Renewal.  And the Vantage/Shove combo.  And some staves, too.

Then again, I'm also in need of Seal Speed and Bowbreaker.  About the only time I truly lose on a colorless roll is when I pull Lachesis.

Eirika gives Hone speed, and she's red, the home of basically the best skill fodder in: Selena (repo), Hinata (Fury), Hana (L&D), Eirika (Hone Spd), Lon'qu (Vantage), etc. etc.

Edit: @JSND Please, everyone knows that SB has 200% bash chance now, nothing beats that. (In all seriousness, +500 charge speed is way better.)

Edited by DehNutCase

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Just now, DehNutCase said:

Eirika gives Hone speed, and she's red, the home of basically the best skill fodder in: Selena (repo), Hinata (Fury), Hana (L&D), Eirika (Hone Spd), Lon'qu (Vantage), etc. etc.

I've pulled zero Eirikas.  Matthew is 3-4, so the odds of pulling him are a lot higher.

For reds, I almost always pull Fir, and silently cry.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I've pulled zero Eirikas.  Matthew is 3-4, so the odds of pulling him are a lot higher.

3* 4* rate is swapped now, so Eirika is much more likely. Edit: Mind, still rarer than 3* bases, but a lot more common nonetheless. And Roy's the only source of TA-3 anyway. (Not having any of him early on is probably also a part of why my teams were so offensively oriented.)

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, DehNutCase said:

3* 4* rate is swapped now, so Eirika is much more likely.

Pulling a 3-4 is much more likely than a 4-5.  Which is why I have so many Firs.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Idk if i even have a put a Glacies fodder for Fir anymore lol

Pulling a 3-4 is much more likely than a 4-5.  Which is why I have so many Firs.

Fair enough. I just like red as the skill fodder color because so much of the skills are actually 'red locked' (TA-3) or 'red heavy' (Reposition---you're not killing a 5* for the skill, so it's only Barst or Selena who are viable).

Edit: Mind, I pull basically only perfect Selenae, so.... (Not sure what a +Atk can do that's worth the speed drop compared to +Spd, though. Still waiting on Bow Knight Selena with 32/28 defense for some god forsaken reason---god I hope she doesn't keep her defenses, even if it was her standout feature (other than her absurd speed) in fates.)

Edited by DehNutCase

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Zero Eirikas and very few Matthews for me, mostly before inheritance so I didn't get to distribute a lot of Hone Speeds. The only ones I had were Lilina (from the Blade Emblem idea) and Ryoma.

I've got one on Ike now from the freebie Matty.

(Also, I've gotten one Magvel character period, that being Valter.)

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Zero Eirikas and very few Matthews for me, mostly before inheritance so I didn't get to distribute a lot of Hone Speeds. The only ones I had were Lilina (from the Blade Emblem idea) and Ryoma.

Four Eirikas here and maybe two or three Matthews, including the freebie(s).

Idk if i even have a put a Glacies fodder for Fir anymore lol

Got done watching the 6 minute video of the stream that was uploaded on Nintendo Mobile and I think the free summon should be neutral-only. When they show that, the unit pops up and is like "Do you want to summon this hero?" It does it in a way where their tile, square, whatever you want to call it is shown just like with GHB, quest, and TT units, so, I bet you can check their stats because of that. If so, then that means they should be neutral since if you could see their stats and they're free, then they're likely going to be neutral. The developers are probably not risking people getting mad that their free CYL unit is -whatever or giving +Atk or +Spd any of them.

Also, this could mean for those really lucky people out there, you can get two free CYL units. One is guaranteed while the other could be a very lucky free summon when the CYL banner shows up. The developers might let it slide since the chance of getting them is still high and making it so only the CYL banner after their free summon for a new banner thing became a thing might piss off people.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Got done watching the 6 minute video of the stream that was uploaded on Nintendo Mobile and I think the free summon should be neutral-only. When they show that, the unit pops up and is like "Do you want to summon this hero?" It does it in a way where their tile, square, whatever you want to call it is shown just like with GHB, quest, and TT units, so, I bet you can check their stats because of that. If so, then that means they should be neutral since if you could see their stats and they're free, then they're likely going to be neutral. The developers are probably not risking people getting mad that their free CYL unit is -whatever or giving +Atk or +Spd any of them.

Also, this could mean for those really lucky people out there, you can get two free CYL units. One is guaranteed while the other could be a very lucky free summon when the CYL banner shows up. The developers might let it slide since the chance of getting them is still high and making it so only the CYL banner after their free summon for a new banner thing became a thing might piss off people.

The 100% focus pull is the free summon.

Though this does give me an idea for one potential use for Sacred Coins... the text for the free focus being included in an earlier update makes me suspect that maybe, in my wildest dreams, future banners will have this opportunity, but it requires Sacred Coins to access.

It seems like a lot of work for something that might never happen again, is the angle I'm looking at this from.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Though this does give me an idea for one potential use for Sacred Coins... the text for the free focus being included in an earlier update makes me suspect that maybe, in my wildest dreams, future banners will have this opportunity, but it requires Sacred Coins to access.

It seems like a lot of work for something that might never happen again, is the angle I'm looking at this from.

Seems more likely that Sacred Coins would be used as the generic 'catchup resource' to be honest---for a shop where you can pick up past sacred seals and the like without them having to rerun quests for them. [Edit: And, presumably, it'll give you a way to exchange them for orbs or stamina pots and the like if you're very up to date.]

Edited by DehNutCase

2 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Seems more likely that Sacred Coins would be used as the generic 'catchup resource' to be honest---for a shop where you can pick up past sacred seals and the like without them having to rerun quests for them. [Edit: And, presumably, it'll give you a way to exchange them for orbs or stamina pots and the like if you're very up to date.]

Yeah, that seems much more reasonable. My major take-away point is 'there's quite a few assets used in this surprise that got added way back in 1.6 and might never be used again'- and honestly, the fact they've been coy with the feature's use even now makes my idea make a bit of sense (why tell people about a feature they plan to 'surprise' the players with later?). I admit the idea is far too generous, but still...

Someone made a guess that Sacred coins are used to upgrade sacred seals. Looking back, it seems like it might be true, at least to me.

Spoiler

P3jKf1d.png

This is from the datamine from July 4. Notice that Phantom Spd and Ace Squad seals all have three different levels. Was there any other reason for them to do so?

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

Someone made a guess that Sacred coins are used to upgrade sacred seals. Looking back, it seems like it might be true, at least to me.

Hide contents

P3jKf1d.png

This is from the datamine from July 4. Notice that Phantom Spd and Ace Squad seals all have three different levels. Was there any other reason for them to do so?

Interesting. I don't think it adds much new information, since those seals already had a "1" at the end, indicating there would eventually be higher-level versions, but it's neat seeing them all like that.

The order of the colors seems to suggest Squad Ace C will boost Res, D will boost Spd, and E will boost Atk.

58 minutes ago, Othin said:

Interesting. I don't think it adds much new information, since those seals already had a "1" at the end, indicating there would eventually be higher-level versions, but it's neat seeing them all like that.

The order of the colors seems to suggest Squad Ace C will boost Res, D will boost Spd, and E will boost Atk.

Yeah, they're all already listed with 1 so far so I guess that would be somewhat of a give-away. This seems like it would confirm that they'll be upgradeable in the future at least.

Speaking of Sacred Coin speculation and skill upgrades..

I kind of wish we could use the coins to upgrade the missing level of a skill.

For example, since my luck in pulling Hinatas is very very low, I wish I could use a Sacred Coin to upgrade Fury 2 from a Bartre to Fury 3 without needing to sacrifice a unit. Even better for 5* locked skills like Quick Riposte and Life and Death.

2 minutes ago, KongDude said:

So how would Phantom Spd 3 and Hardy Bearing 3 work anyways?

Each level of Phantom Speed probably increases the Speed bonus by at least 2, and each level of Hardy Bearing probably increases the HP range by at least 50% (like Wrathful Staff and Dazzling Staff).

54 minutes ago, KongDude said:

The fact that it's really just a copy-paste of the icon into the border? That way, the developers don't have to dig up the icons again to paste into the border if they ever decide to implement the higher ranks.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The fact that it's really just a copy-paste of the icon into the border? That way, the developers don't have to dig up the icons again to paste into the border if they ever decide to implement the higher ranks.

It still shows that it will, at least at some point, be upgradable then, right? :/