Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

especially since of all the red units i could get, i keep getting Stahls, Raighs and Sophias. At least give me a bit of variety game! Hinata is so rare for me!

Have some Firs too.

• Replies 77.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Have some Firs too.

The Fir phase has passed. If I do get her again, she goes straight to one of my healers.

It's actually Lon'qus for me (despite being one of my favourite characters, seeing 3 star meh boon/banes of Lon'qu has made me so jaded/disappointed too many times that I even forgot about his existence in my last post!). 

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

The Fir phase has passed. If I do get her again, she goes straight to one of my healers.

It's actually Lon'qus for me (despite being one of my favourite characters, seeing 3 star meh boon/banes of Lon'qu has made me so jaded/disappointed too many times that I even forgot about his existence in my last post!). 

I don't have the screenshot, but on a pull round of three red and two colorless, I got 3 Lonqu and 2 Virion. That was a sad, sad summoning session for me.

33 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

…Naga damn I forgot about Lon’qu. Eleven fucking Lon’qus sitting useless in my box. I don’t even need so much Vantage fodder!

I never thought I would need so many Laslows, but I've given like 3 units Axebreaker the last few days.

Finally updated my list of summons.

Turns out that Brave Ike was my 100th unique summon (counting Free Lyn, as she was still pulled), I'm on 360 total now and of course Donnel is still my most common at 12, though Virion is close at 11 and Wendy, Lissa and Raigh are on 10 (I also think Azama's on 10, but I screwed up on one of my pulls and forgot to record what colourless it was. I think it was Azama).

Also, Already got Distant Defence 1, so I could walk away now. Probably not, but still. Need to get more orbs after all.

3 hours ago, Koumal8 said:

What? How? I'm F2P and hoarding orbs for a possible PoR banner, where do you take your numbers from? DO they really hand out 120-ish F2P orbs a month?

Yeah, they hand out way over 100 per month, so assuming you only get some of it, most players can still get 100 Orbs per month, so that is 25 characters assuming full summons.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Can't remember, though it might have been another blue lance. Florina maybe?

I'm glad it's over

It should have been an infantry unit in the lower left corner.

Welcome back to your Smoke persona! Now if only Arcanite does the same too.

EDIT: actually, they did!

Edited by Vaximillian

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm glad it's over

Did you lose a bet or something?

Edit: I dug around a bit, I think I've got it. I hardly ever venture out of the Heroes board nowadays =P .

Edited by LordFrigid

With all the Orbs we've been getting, I actually have a pretty decent stash going into what I hope will be a Tellius Banner later this week.  It's a bit early to hope for a preview, but I wonder if Nephenee will be part of the Banner or if she'll be the Tempest reward.  I'm guessing it won't be the Dawn Bridage, since it seems this will be PoR, but I don't know if it will be a theme, like Elincia and retainers, or if it will just be random PoR characters pulled from everywhere.  If it's not Elincia's group, I hope for Jill, Kieran, and Oscar.  There'll probably be another girl, if that's the case.  If it's not Neph, maybe Ilyana or Marcia.  I wouldn't mind Astrid for another Bow Knight, either.  Sadly, she's bound to be overshadowed by CYLyn, but that's what secondary Horse Emblem teams are for.  I imagine they'll add Mia eventually, but I'm honestly a bit tired of the glut of infantry sword wielders we have, especially when units like Tobin could have been given something else.

I'm in a similar situation: I played TT with Brave Roy and came to like him more than I thought I would. Now I'm thinking to pull a better nature, since mine is -ATK and his banner lasts other 4 days. 

On the other side my 50 orbs are not much and it's more likely I end up with 10 Firs. 

My dumb self forgot the next TT would be Tellius and would likely have Soren as a bonus unit, so, using Soren as my green and mage unit was a pretty dumb idea since he's getting a ton of SP. So, I switched to my other, first Soren who's +Def, -Spd since I stopped leveling him up after +Spd, -Res Soren showed up. :p

Still, if I manage to get BH Ike, I would end up with only green units as bonus units which isn't that bad since I'm only doing 5 battles hard.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

My dumb self forgot the next TT would be Tellius and would likely have Soren as a bonus unit, so, using Soren as my green and mage unit was a pretty dumb idea since he's getting a ton of SP. So, I switched to my other, first Soren who's +Def, -Spd since I stopped leveling him up after +Spd, -Res Soren showed up. :p

Still, if I manage to get BH Ike, I would end up with only green units as bonus units which isn't that bad since I'm only doing 5 battles hard.

I'm using Soren in this TT too, but I don't think it's a bad thing, even if he's a bonus unit next time.  Personally, I would merge the -Spd Soren into your other one.  My Soren is +1, since I merged my first -Atk Soren into him.

16 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm using Soren in this TT too, but I don't think it's a bad thing, even if he's a bonus unit next time.  Personally, I would merge the -Spd Soren into your other one.  My Soren is +1, since I merged my first -Atk Soren into him.

I just get annoyed by having too much SP on a character and not knowing what to do with it, especially if it's a character I'm not particularly interested in. So, it's like they're there, they have all this SP, I could free up my barracks, but I don't really care about them. Or I don't have much to give them beyond basic assists and passives. Nothing specific like I don't have any other Henry or Tharja's for their tomes or G Tomebreaker from Henry, never summoned a Boey or Katarina, and I only have one spare Nino while the one in use is +Spd, so why bother with making Soren a -blade mage?

Also, I don't use merged units. It's a personal thing. -Spd Soren will end up being Fortify Res 3 for someone or even Watersweep 3 which isn't all that useful to me. That or I'll just bring both of them along and cheese the Tellius trials with the power of not one, but two Sorens!

At least the other bonus units will be either Alfonse or Sharena and whoever is the TT reward unit, so it'll balance out.

Edited by Kaden

Say, whatever happened to Takumi in Arena? I haven't seen a Takumi in 3 months in Arena, and he used to be the most frequent units that I had to fight in arena. Has he really become that outdated?

Edited by Logos

3 minutes ago, Logos said:

Say, whatever happened to Takumi in Arena? I haven't seen a Takumi in 3 months in Arena, and he used to be the most frequent units that I had to fight in arena. Has he really become that outdated?

Nope. People are just on the CYLyn bandwagon and shoved him off in favor of her.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Nope. People are just on the CYLyn bandwagon and shoved him off in favor of her.

I meant even before that he was just dramatically more infrequent. I think CYLyn is now replacing Bridelia actually.

8 minutes ago, Logos said:

He does become outdated, Innes, B Cord, Gaius, and Leon all arguably does stuff better than him

Takumi faces issue where his good set is shoved off in favor of his bad set. Actually i found the same happen to Lyn atm but Lyn didn't suffer as much since unlike Takumi her "bad set"(Mulagir and Sacae Blessing) isn't too bad since she relies on her stats just fine. Takumi's stats isn't particularly good even if its pretty godly for an Archer

2 minutes ago, JSND said:

He does become outdated, Innes, B Cord, Gaius, and Leon all arguably does stuff better than him

Takumi faces issue where his good set is shoved off in favor of his bad set. Actually i found the same happen to Lyn atm but Lyn didn't suffer as much since unlike Takumi her "bad set"(Mulagir and Sacae Blessing) isn't too bad since she relies on her stats just fine. Takumi's stats isn't particularly good even if its pretty godly for an Archer

True they're all better utility wise. I wonder if people just sacrificed him for Close Counter then lol. I remember all those +4-+7 Takumis, I used to be so jealous of them because they had Close Counter for SI and I didn't.

4 minutes ago, Logos said:

True they're all better utility wise. I wonder if people just sacrificed him for Close Counter then lol. I remember all those +4-+7 Takumis, I used to be so jealous of them because they had Close Counter for SI and I didn't.

The problem is Close counter is a legitimate terrible skill. The lack of mitigation on Archer makes them unfit to use the skill to begin with - the biggest draw of Archer right now is their ability to ignore everything but super bulky unit with their colorless offense, so all they really need to do is pump their offense with A skill and weapon and achieve a solid kill score - essentially to become a good archer, you need to be Klein clone

The only unit who really use Close Counter well is Reinhardt..... but Reinhardt does EVERYTHING well so he doesn't count(bulky tomes like Merric, Boey i guess, Leo and Odin actually had a solid Close Counter set fwiw and Bulky Dagger with Close Counter exists as a gimmick. But they are not Reinhardt who handles 80% of the game on either phase, have 90 different set and use every weapon the best out of any unit in the game)

Its kind of funny when you remember that the reason Setsuna manage to get names over Jeorge and Takumi is entirely because her base set is terrible.

34 minutes ago, Logos said:

I meant even before that he was just dramatically more infrequent. I think CYLyn is now replacing Bridelia actually.

Before Brave Lyn, Bride Cordelia showed up. Also counters like Reinhardt and Cecilia became more effective as cavalry teams spread.